Still no dueling area on the fleet?

RyanReagan

A dueling area would be amazing for multiple reasons:

1. Something to do between whatever.

2. People who like to trash talk can get their mouths shut

3. Duels are fun

And many more reasons I'm sure :p.

People have been asking for a dueling area for what seems like forever! An elevator to some wide open hanger will suffice and not be difficult to implement :D

yes , just do it on the fleet, there are no planets to do that

in fact why dont we ask them to erase all the planets so we can stay in the fleet like forever

if they wanted me to go to the planets, why did they put all the stuff i need on a daily basis only on the fleet? sure, lets go hang out on a planet.. oh wait i need to use the terminal... oh wait i need to use a pvp vendor...

The VIP section of the fleet is just ASKING to be a dueling area. Make it so!

1m credits and boom you can go upstairs and duel while waiting for things to happen. Fun fun fun.

OMG agreed... the fleet is nice but it does not have that "cantina" feel unless a bunch of drunken 50s are slugging it out like champs in the VIP area whist the lowbies and Non CE Ponder of the PvP party going on upstairs...

yes , just do it on the fleet, there are no planets to do that

in fact why dont we ask them to erase all the planets so we can stay in the fleet like forever

But thats alot of effort....

On the fleet with a beer in hand... some guy says u suck...

"Meet me on ilum.."

10 minutes later after 4 laod screens...

"KK lets do this" duel begins and Challenger looses...

You spent 15-20 minutes of your time to ALMOST kill someone....

IF we had a dueling area in the VIP area we could not only save alot of time but bioware would make much more money of CE and SE of the game beacuse really... who doesn't want to have pvp in the fleet.

IF we had a dueling area in the VIP area we could not only save alot of time but bioware would make much more money of CE and SE of the game beacuse really... who doesn't want to have pvp in the fleet.

To answer your question who doesn't want pvp in the fleet ? Me.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

i don't want it in the middle of the fleet where it would cause lag.

I think it should be in the VIP area. No one is EVER there.

Or, as others stated, put a terminal and all the vendors on Ilum and Outlaw's Den. Right now, if you are a lvl 50 PvP'er, you are parked near the terminal all the time. Why would you need to go anywhere else? Run over, hit up the GTN... Then back to the terminal.

The VIP section of the fleet is just ASKING to be a dueling area. Make it so!

1m credits and boom you can go upstairs and duel while waiting for things to happen. Fun fun fun.

Seriously... we were talking about this recently too. The VIP area is pretty much useless. No one is ever up there and they never added content to the vendors since... well.... ever....

At least I don't think so... I haven't been up there in months. But if there was a dueling area, I would be up there constantly. I think it would need some redesign tho. It would be too easy to knock someone off, even tho that could be a fun aspect and it would become a cluster 'muck' of people piled into one small area.

I'd like to see a quick loading area on fleet that has a observer area. So people can watch duels even if they don't participate. Multiple areas, an area that is on separate instances so you can load in as you please with anyone in group or guild and then some main dueling areas where you would actually have to queue to compete. Wait your turn and become the challenger and give it a competitive king of the hill of duels kinda feel.

Of course... just ideas. But this is what I would like to see.

Seriously... we were talking about this recently too. The VIP area is pretty much useless. No one is ever up there and they never added content to the vendors since... well.... ever....

Pshaw, I'm always heading up there, just so I can walk along the ledge on the outer edges, then jump off and fall down to where there are groups of people down below. Makes Fleet slightly interesting, seeing a random person falling and dying right in front of you. xD

We had some word from Jesse Sky on this a while back (post here). He mentioned that dueling is disabled on the Fleets right now due to potential performance issues. Adding a specific Fleet dueling area may be possible in the future (and it's a great suggestion!), but it's not in our immediate plans.

Allow it in your ship hangars then, or in the training dummy areas.

We had some word from Jesse Sky on this a while back (post here). He mentioned that dueling is disabled on the Fleets right now due to potential performance issues. Adding a specific Fleet dueling area may be possible in the future (and it's a great suggestion!), but it's not in our immediate plans.

Not what we wanted to hear, but a nice honest reply. THANK YOU!

Considering your game engine is a joke, and a full fleet creates enough latency as is, it's really a bad suggestion. :rolleyes:

Those who PvP, understand this. The better alternative would be to use a Legacy unlock to shuttle to/from a planet for such combat, and far away from the Fleet as possible.

The latency wouldn't be quite as bad if the Fleet split off into more instances than it currently does. It's "really" slow at creating a new Fleet instance. I've had the loading time into Fleet take about 5 minutes before just to load in to a new instance that had 5 people. It shouldn't wait until 250 IMHO.

The latency wouldn't be quite as bad if the Fleet split off into more instances than it currently does. It's "really" slow at creating a new Fleet instance. I've had the loading time into Fleet take about 5 minutes before just to load in to a new instance that had 5 people. It shouldn't wait until 250 IMHO.

Depends if the Fleets share the same shard or not, which I believe they do. I'm not opposed to some dueling area, but it needs to be done off the Fleet. I'd much rather have an option to shuttle to X place, with an easy method of getting back to the fleet. With the current issues this game has had with development, I don't have any faith they could do it right, without waiting for 4-5 "patch fixes" to fix all the broken stuff by implementing it. :cool:

Edited by Apaolo

Meh, I am a pvper, im geared, i spend most of my play time pvping, the guild I am in pvps all the time / encourages world pvp events. With that said I feel that there would be some draw backs and ill list them below:

1. you will always have that one bafoon like in wow that will just go around and constantly spam duel challanges and in the end you are so feed up you will throw him / her on ignore.

2. the lag on fleet could be an issue / an issue for some.

3. all of the extra effects from fighting will cause lag for some or most.

the only way to fix the above listed is to make an instanced zone in fleet that players can go into to just duel there. but i highly doubt BW will spend the cash to add that when players can just go to Illium and pvp there.

but i highly doubt BW will spend the cash to add that when players can just go to Illium and pvp there.

Especially since BW is looking to re-hash Ilum and we already have a swift travel* to it.

* not so swift and mainly used in daily events.

As much as I would love to see a dueling area on fleet... Dromund Kaas spaceport isn't the worst option and there are things I'd like to see take a higher priority than this.

Would be nice to have a very quick loading instance from fleet though... like I said before. Preferably something sith spectators and even a tournament tree being implemented would be cool. Load 16 player ops group into dueling area for tourney... duels happen one at a time and other 14 players spectate.

A small square room just about the size of a dueling area so it's easy to recognize the boundaries, some pillars or objects for LOS. Something very simple.

Edited by UGLYMRJ