Where Does the Extra Alacrity Come From?

Buellzebubba

I tried to get just over 1213 alacrity points to get 1.4s GCD which is about 7.4% or something. When I looked at the alacrity percentage it was over 20%. So I took away all my alacrity enhancements taking me to 0 alacrity pts and I was still at 13%. I thought the bonus for us was 3%. Where did the extra 10% come from?

I think most theorycrafters in the theorycrafter discord recommend aiming for 1.3s GCD with Arsenal/Gunnery. Its not really possible to hit the 1.2s GCD routinely, you need 25% alacrity percentage to do that, so with the discipline passive that's 22% percent from stats which requires 5893 rating. If your guild has the flagship perk from the Quickness set bonus, that's 17% needed from stats which requires 3728 rating. Doable, but you sacrifice a lot of critical rating to do that, since as a mostly weapon-based damage class you need that 110% accuracy so that's not really negotiable either. Concentrated Fire has been nerfed which limits some of the ability to correct for the critical loss to maintain that much alacrity rating and accuracy rating. I guess if you are in a guild that can afford to have that perk active all the time it may be worth trying out.

You can occasionally hit the 1.2s GCD when the group buff Supercharged Celerity is active because of its 10% alacrity bonus, but if you maintain enough alacrity rating to hit the 1.3s GCD then you will have enough alacrity to be at 1.2s during that buff anyway, and its not something you can count on since it has a 5 min timer.

Goal for 1.3s GCD with Arsenal/Gunnery/Carnage/Combat

with Guild Flagship "Quickness" set bonus perk: 1261 rating

without perk: 2375 rating.

Goal for 1.4s GCD with Arsenal/Gunnery/Carnage/Combat

with Guild Flagship "Quickness" set bonus perk: 0 rating

without perk: 662 rating.

Note these targets are merely to ensure you hit the desired GCD. Any individual ability's cooldown, activation, or channel time, expressed as a multiple of GCDs, may require slightly more alacrity percentage than 15.39% to ensure it is finished in the same # of GCDs as baseline without any alacrity at all, given rounding errors and latency.

I'm not really sure where the 10% is coming from, I guess I would check to make sure you are not under the effects of bolster, or maybe you are in a guild with the perk, or both? Since you say you are at zero rating, I guess you already accounted for alacrity rating on earpiece/implants, mainhand/offhand, and augments. The character sheet will itemize how much alacrity percentage is from rating and how much is from skills/buffs.

Edited by phalczen