whats the best fotm class out there...

capizm

whats the strongest best class ever? im looking to play pvp, and i just want to play what everyone is playing. and be on the wqinning side, and always be playing the best spec. and always win....day in the life of average tor player...pt has gotten buff! time to dust off the ole pt they nerfed for 6 months of ownage!!!!!

shared tree sins and pts have excellent range on very significant abilities, and because they are tank classes, they have a lot of dcds/anti-control abils, so they are basically unkiteable. the pyro is a lot easier to play, but the sin played right will melt any ranged. I'm not sure if deception is any good anymore, but they still have their control, which kinda makes them kryptonite for tech ranged units.

shared tree sages/sorcs are definitely fotm atm, but I don't know much about them other than excellent control and uncleansable dots, one of which is pretty monster (1k ticks).

Edited by foxmob

fotm class isn't strongest class.

The strongest class is the one with the better player piloting it.

So basically you are saying that you looked at the Season 2 leaderboards and nodded your head and said "Yup...everything looks balanced, skill is the only factor in determining whether or not a class is strong."

Sounds legit. x) Btw, this is most likely a troll thread judging by the OP.

Edited by FinalArbiter

So basically you are saying that you looked at the Season 2 leaderboards and nodded your head and said "Yup...everything looks balanced, skill is the only factor in determining whether or not a class is strong."

I have noticed over the past few years that some of the best players on my server(s) were absolutely beast on their VGs/PTs but didn't really advertise that they played them. as a VG/PT myself, I'm going to assume my betters did that because it's such an easy class. :)

Things aren't balanced but they are close enough that a better player will still make ANY class, not spec as thats part of being better, outperform others.

Lethality operative as well as Lightning sorcerers are FOTM and rly OP. Definitely roll one.

If you are going to make a claim that sorc are op you could at least get the spec right...

It's madness people qq about not lightning.

Kind of proves you don't play one.

If you are going to make a claim that sorc are op you could at least get the spec right...

It's madness people qq about not lightning.

Kind of proves you don't play one.

He was intentionally trolling.. seems you fell for it.

He was intentionally trolling.. seems you fell for it.

I guess I did. Still you never know with all the qq about sorc these days. Hard to tell since everyone seems to cry about how hard melee have it now because smash got nerfed (good it was lame).

Things aren't balanced but they are close enough that a better player will still make ANY class, not spec as thats part of being better, outperform others.

I think a class outperforms other classes when two equally skilled players can play different classes, and one player can do consistently better than the other player simply because the mechanics and numbers of the class they're playing are simply more competitive....

But hey, I could be wrong, I have been known to make mistakes. We could very well go with your ridiculous assumption that a player outperforming other players equates to a class outperforming other classes.

I think a class outperforms other classes when two equally skilled players can play different classes, and one player can do consistently better than the other player simply because the mechanics and numbers of the class they're playing are simply more competitive....

But hey, I could be wrong, I have been known to make mistakes. We could very well go with your ridiculous assumption that a player outperforming other players equates to a class outperforming other classes.

I didn't say they were balanced. Just that player skill has much more of an effect. You'll always have fotm classes that attract nabs still doesnt make them mvp.

Also not playing to a classes strengths is a nab move. Ops going dps, maras still trying to smash or lightning sorcs cant complain when they have other viable specs. Correct specing and not all trying to be dps heroes is part of being better.

Edited by Tellenn

I didn't say they were balanced. Just that player skill has much more of an effect. You'll always have fotm classes that attract nabs still doesnt make them mvp.

Also not playing to a classes strengths is a nab move. Ops going dps, maras still trying to smash or lightning sorcs cant complain when they have other viable specs. Correct specing and not all trying to be dps heroes is part of being better.

Operative DPS is actually REALLY good now.

Edited by Jayshames

Like other people have said..

Picking the "best" class doesn't automatically make better than everyone else.

If you play a class long enough and try to get good with it, you'll do good.

Also, topping the board in PvP means absolutely nothing.. but I won't go into that.