Are class faction mirrors 100% balanced the same?

Novacrash

Are the mirror classes on each faction doing the exact same abilities? same cast times? same damage? "ve read some stuff about some differences between spells that could make a pretty difference in pvp, like delay before certain spells start doing damage etc. I'm a returning player haven't really played much since launch, can anyone enlighten me please? After reading these forums a bit every thread about a class being OP it's always the Imperial version named.

Thanks!

Same cast times, same damage. The only thing is that some abilities have a bug on one side that they don't on the other.

Like Commando Electro Net applying through some defensives while Mercinary Electro Net does not apply through the same defensives.

There are a couple more examples like that where for example Assassin Maul does damage instantly where Shadow's Shadow Strike makes you wait almost a full second.

The reason you almost never hear about the Republic namings anymore is because pretty much everything PvP moved to Imperial side by now. Not that many PvP on republic side anymore. It's a bit sad, but it's reality.

Edited by Evolixe

Does mean warzone queue times om Imp side are much longer too then?

Much shorter actually. Because repside just doesnt have many people playing at all it takes longer to find people.

Imp side just fights Imp side very véry often.

Has anyone tested if the Shock / Project time differential was finally fixed by now?

In the past, Sage's Project would take longer to activate than Sorc's Shock. Both abilities are supposedly "instant."

Edited by ViktorAres

there is a utility on the mercenary that bioware hasnt currently bothered to fix for the commando.

the utility adds a X% (Iforget how much) dmg reduction and grant 30% dot dmg reduction after cure is cast. however the utility on pubside does not include the dot defence.

disappointing really.

I've noticed a difference between my sorc and my sage.

Both level 70

I use legacy gear including main and offhand. Only difference is relics ear/implants. Sage still has Augmented 208's.

Spec and ability points are the same on both.

On my sorc, accuracy is 101% in WZ on my sage it's 109%.

I don't recall my Sorc getting Accuracy bolstered like that when it was under geared, should it be getting bolstered that high?

There are in fact some differences that people do not acknowledge.

Sniper and gunslinger - Gunslinger has 2 guns, and when doing their hard hitting abilities, or their channeled abilities, they lose more damage because more shots need to land, and if some of those shots miss, you lost out on damage, snipers do not have this issue.

THIS VERY SAME issue goes for Commando and Merc. Merc loses out on dps when its shots dont land due to dual wielding, commando does not have that issue.

Other than that, I think they are about the same.

There are in fact some differences that people do not acknowledge.

Sniper and gunslinger - Gunslinger has 2 guns, and when doing their hard hitting abilities, or their channeled abilities, they lose more damage because more shots need to land, and if some of those shots miss, you lost out on damage, snipers do not have this issue.

THIS VERY SAME issue goes for Commando and Merc. Merc loses out on dps when its shots dont land due to dual wielding, commando does not have that issue.

Other than that, I think they are about the same.

That's a unique way of thinking about the fact that when Slinger and Mercenary offhands hit they do more damage on the same ability than single wielding Snipers and Commandos...

The assault cannon and sniper rifle have a slightly higher base damage than the offhand pistols. Mainhand pistols always hit (with 110% accuracy) Offhand pistol is 67% accuracy to start and does the offhand blaster damage. (So around 77% if you run 110% on mainhand) Ideally it's designed that these will even out, whether the numbers actually turn out that way.. I couldn't tell ya.

Yes, normally, unless bugs as someone else pointed out.

The only thing I think isn't even is animations. Often one classes animations make them stand out more than others which makes them easier to spot. ie Sorc animation might look cool, but it stands out more than Sage animation. The same can be said for Merc AOEs

This can reveal them hiding in a LoS position easier than their corresponding class

Edited by Icykill_

DFA hovering pales in comparison to Boltstorms neon ball spray which eclipses the glowing streaks of Blazing Bolts.

Also mercs have better visual camo in general since all their gear makes them look like nondescript scrapyard tramps while pistols are as visible as lightsabre hilts.

The same is not true of trooper armour and commandos cannons.

DFA hovering pales in comparison to Boltstorms neon ball spray which eclipses the glowing streaks of Blazing Bolts.

Also mercs have better visual camo in general since all their gear makes them look like nondescript scrapyard tramps while pistols are as visible as lightsabre hilts.

The same is not true of trooper armour and commandos cannons.

I think people have learned to recognize Mercinaries as of late, hotwired.

This was true before, though.