Biochem question

Talon_Starfire

If I want to create stims do I have to RE a stim in order to make more stims?

Thanks

No. You have to have the materials available to make any given recipe.

If you want to discover a better recipe, you RE your basic recipe. Sometimes doing this will teach you a new recipe, and it will always return about half the materials you used to make the original item. In Biochem, your basic trainer-learned recipe (whether it be Stims or Adrenals or Medical or Implants or anything else I've forgotten) makes things that can be reverse-engineered to give you a chance to learn a blue recipe. In the case of Stims, the blue product's effect lasts twice as long as the effect of the green product, and lasts through defeat to boot.

Reverse Engineering the blue product will sometimes teach you a purple recipe for a Biochem-only reusable version of the product. Stims of this class don't last any longer than the green type, or persist through defeat, but you can re-apply them to yourself every global cooldown if you want, so they don't need to.

When your Companion crits while making a Biochem product, you get 2 instead of one.

If I want to create stims do I have to RE a stim in order to make more stims?

Thanks

If you reverse engineer a 'stim', you may gain crafting materials in exchange for destroying the 'stim'.

If the 'stim' you reverse engineered is one of the crafted varieties, you may also gain a higher quality version of the schematic. (Green REs into Blue; Blue REs into Purple)

Additional schematics are purchased from the appropriate crew skill trainer upon reaching certain milestone ratings in that crew skill. Typically every 20 points of rating. Some additional schematics are dropped in hardmode flashpoints and in the various types of operations.

Mats let you make the items from the schems you already have.

Once you make an item you can then RE it. Doing this will cause the item to be broken down into some of the item its takes to make the item and you will have a chance to learn an improved schem of that item.

Once you have RE an item and it gives you a new schem you can then do it again with this imporved schem and the same thing will happen it will break down into some of the part needed to make the item and you will have a chance to get an imporved item.

I just hit 400 B/C from what I have seen your medical and buffs once you get them RE up to purple become never ending. Meaning you only need to carry 1 cause it will refresh ever 90sec.

here's what I do,

Make 5 green stims

Reverse-engineer them to learn blue schematic

Make 5 blue stims

Reverse-engineer them to learn purple schematic

Make purple stim..

..and you're done.

My exact protocol for advancing medicine also!

The Steps to Crafting:

1 - Buy Schemtic From Trainer (Or discover from a drop/Buy from GTN for some of them)*

2 - Harvest/Mission to get mats or Trade/Buy mats from other players/GTN

3 - Craft Greens and Basic Blue Schematics.

4 - Re-Engineer those items to discover more advanced Schematics.

Green re-engs to Blue which re-engs to Purple. There is nothing above Purple. Also some Schematics start at "the Blue Stage", but those are bought from your Vendor or found s drops, etc (the ones you buy are not found as drops and vice versa).

* Keep in mind as you increase in Crafting Skill more Schematics will become available from your Craft Trainer.