How many have actually cancelled their sub

Shepird

I restarted subbing since Keith took over and feel he's doing very well, but the changes I've been hoping to see haven't happened/may not happen. Currently contemplating whether or not I wish to continue subbing or not, for the time being.

Changes that I'm hoping for:

- Increased unassembled component drop rate in pvp.

- original flashpoint lv's in veteran/tactical pre 4.0 changes.

- an adjustment to lv sync (to adleast give our characters higher damage than the companions...)

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have, my sub runs out on 31st and not going to renew it. I'll miss swtor and will come back for the next expansion or if gearing changes. Just don't feel like subbing to grind for gear I may get.

That aside I never intended to sub for a full year, I haven't done that since the early days of WoW.

I have other things I need to focus on. If I didn't then there's still a chance I would have continued subbing. Gaming just doesn't fit into my schedule for a full year around!

After the 31st I won't be here posting, so yes. Though I think that only goes into effect after maintenance. But yeah no more in the first week of January.

Rereading my old post, it was worth the break!

• 6 months later...
I restarted subbing since Keith took over and feel he's doing very well, but the changes I've been hoping to see haven't happened/may not happen. Currently contemplating whether or not I wish to continue subbing or not, for the time being.

I did the same (re-subbed once Keith took over). Alas, not enough change to keep me here now at this point. This time around, I donated some of my funds and items around and am back in preferred status. Not saying I'm gone for good, but really not sure what would bring me back from break #2 outside a large expansion. This nickle and dime development just feels too little. I've logged onto my preferred account and really- with so much end game content locked with no passes anymore - I don't feel a desire to play at that level at all.

A special thanks to Hallowed/Desecrated team for letting me roll in a few operations here and there once my guild died.

To those who remain - enjoy the game, hope you have fun.

• 3 weeks later...

I have.

Last day 01/25/18 although I have not logged in for a while. Gave all my stuff to my wife who will be playing for a few more months and then she is gone too.

I have been playing WOW and enjoying the expansion. Have my Demon Warrior going strong in both specs (tank and dps) and really enjoy the combat. Also running a mage for a little variety.

Be well all.

I feel so sad for this game, I actually am starting to resent EA and Bioware for their abysmal performance with regards to SW:tor especially. EA is a dreadful company I am actively boycotting their products now. Why you ask? All cause of what they have done to SW:tor. I have played this game since year 1 and I would have been long gone if not for my guild, which I am GM, and my SW:tor friends. Having said this, I am still unsure if to carry on giving SW:tor my custom. You only have to go through 1-50 and see the size and quality of the game, and compare it with later expansions to see the the drop in standard. I do not blame SW:tor, I know they try their best, I am furious with EA who I assume control staffing and budget. This game should be as big as WoW. I do not buy the MMOs are going out of fashion speech. This game is heading only one way, and its not good news. I feel that if nothing changes for the better SW:tor will be 7.0'd

• 10 months later...
I just wonder about Biowares next moves..... They might be pretty surprised when they come back from holidays.

That or it's all in the plans. Maybe they will come back totally NOT surprised.

On point of the thread, yes, I dropped my sub. Just riding a big prepaid period, will keep posting my cheery thoughts till I no longer can. Might as well make use of my money spent here, seeing I stopped logging in 2 months ago now!

Literally two months now, hard to believe! I honestly have not gone without playing a MMO since 2000 I bet haha. It's crazy there simply are zero new decent MMOs out now, well decent in my mind anyway.

On the plus side, I have tons of time to do other hobbies, that's for sure. My posting here only lasts 5-20 minutes. :rolleyes:

with everyone saying the game's gotten worse (like I predicted).

this was 2016 ... the story hasn't changed, some of us have no big issue with the game, so we stay subbed, some complain and complain.

Edited by Eoinol

• 2 weeks later...
Hello all and I just came back due to a 'friend' who's no longer a friend giving me a SWTOR gametime card.

Nothing has changed and this still is one of the worst MMO's I've seen.

personally I am done with MMO's in general I paid a sub fee for the new companion what ever its called then was enjoying civ 5 for a few months. now I am wrapped up in Steem Monsters. great game, at least however it being a card game it isn't like any type I have played before. I can pretty much guarantee I wont be playing this game much at all. shame though I invested a lot of $$ for nothing. oh well time will tell I suppose!! :o

• 2 weeks later...