Sorc Talents Raiding....

Fhatal

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201hZfsrodoMutzZcM0M.1

There is 1 point in lightning that can be put anywhere.

The 1 point in Suppression can be put into their for easier CC timing. It can be put in to lightning barrier to increase shield Strength. i feel Electric bindings and Backlash will be useless or at best VERY situational in a raiding environment. take a look and tell me what you think.

If your looking at a raiding build, I would ditch the point in Suppression and put it in the madness tree for Chain Shock. In a raiding environment odds are you won't have to CC but one time unless a busted pull happens. And the Added DPS from a 2nd Shock (even at 50% normal DMG) can be a big boost.

Additionally, and this is just me, I prefer to have my CC time out as my CC resets and comes off CD. This way I know to get ready for it.

But what do I know. . . . I'm building a Sorc Healer lol.

If your looking at a raiding build, I would ditch the point in Suppression and put it in the madness tree for Chain Shock. In a raiding environment odds are you won't have to CC but one time unless a busted pull happens. And the Added DPS from a 2nd Shock (even at 50% normal DMG) can be a big boost.

Additionally, and this is just me, I prefer to have my CC time out as my CC resets and comes off CD. This way I know to get ready for it.

you cant put that point anywhere else than the lightning tree you need the 31 there to make it to the top. I was leaning towards suppression for the extra damage mitigation for my self or any raid member. But i just don't know which point will be better fot Min/Max'ing late game. I am assuming know that i think about it Lightning Barrier would be better for this. "Absorb more damage, Stay alive longer, DO MORE DAMAGE...." :)

As a sorc, i dont even have Shock on my hotbar. Shock is good for Assasins, but as sorc i hardly see any benefit in casting shock over lightning strike/force lightning.

you cant put that point anywhere else than the lightning tree you need the 31 there to make it to the top. I was leaning towards suppression for the extra damage mitigation for my self or any raid member. But i just don't know which point will be better fot Min/Max'ing late game. I am assuming know that i think about it Lightning Barrier would be better for this. "Absorb more damage, Stay alive longer, DO MORE DAMAGE...." :)

Touche (sorry brain is fried right now.) The only other place i could think to stash a point, if you were to ditch Suppression would be in Electric Bindings, (for the Immobilization) But since Bioware use immobilization in the non movement sense (but can still attack) it loses its desirability, at least to me.

In conclusion I think you have a pretty solid build. Let me know how it turns out in case we ever get Dual Spec. :)

<Runs and Hides from The Bioware gods>

As a sorc, i dont even have Shock on my hotbar. Shock is good for Assasins, but as sorc i hardly see any benefit in casting shock over lightning strike/force lightning.

I currently only level 22 atm and i'm noticing i'm using less and less of shock. I generally use it just to finish a mob off with that last hit but now i just say screw it lol. and let affliction tick it down. I'm sure within the next few levels ill remove it as well.

I want to discuss certain rotations but as i am only level 23 i'm not quite sure... But ill give it a shot :p

1. Thundering Blast (Whenever not on CD/ When Affliction is on the target.)

2. Crushing Darkness (Whenever not on CD)

3. Affliction (Always keep up on target)

4. Chain lightning (on Proc only)

5. Force Lightning (on proc only)

6. Lightning Strike (Keep 3 stacks at all times)

Now for situation spells

Polarity Shift... Use when in a burn/burst phase. Depending on boss fight might use when ever it is up.

Consumption... Use ONLY WHEN NOT CLOSE TO DYING!!!!! At most Get to 2 Stacks then WAIT for debuff to fall of before using again. This i will have to pay more attention on when to use this ability feed back is always appreciated as well.

I currently only level 22 atm and i'm noticing i'm using less and less of shock. I generally use it just to finish a mob off with that last hit but now i just say screw it lol. and let affliction tick it down. I'm sure within the next few levels ill remove it as well.

I want to discuss certain rotations but as i am only level 23 i'm not quite sure... But ill give it a shot :p

1. Thundering Blast (Whenever not on CD/ When Affliction is on the target.)

2. Crushing Darkness (Whenever not on CD)

3. Affliction (Always keep up on target)

4. Chain lightning (on Proc only)

5. Force Lightning (on proc only)

6. Lightning Strike (Keep 3 stacks at all times)

Now for situation spells

Polarity Shift... Use when in a burn/burst phase. Depending on boss fight might use when ever it is up.

Consumption... Use ONLY WHEN NOT CLOSE TO DYING!!!!! At most Get to 2 Stacks then WAIT for debuff to fall of before using again. This i will have to pay more attention on when to use this ability feed back is always appreciated as well.

As far as your rotation goes i see a couple flaws. I see the rotation as this.

1. Crushing Darkness(Once CD is over reapply)

2. Affliction(Keep applied at all times)

3. Thundering Blast(It critically hits all targets affected with affliction.)

4. Chain Lightning( It stacks up to three times adding a bonus of 3% total dmg. So keeping it at 3 stacks would be good IMO but getting there will require some time due to CD)

5. Lightning Strike(Obviously 3 stacks necessary)

6. Force Lightning( On proc)

As far as your rotation goes i see a couple flaws. I see the rotation as this.

1. Crushing Darkness(Once CD is over reapply)

2. Affliction(Keep applied at all times)

3. Thundering Blast(It critically hits all targets affected with affliction.)

4. Chain Lightning( It stacks up to three times adding a bonus of 3% total dmg. So keeping it at 3 stacks would be good IMO but getting there will require some time due to CD)

5. Lightning Strike(Obviously 3 stacks necessary)

6. Force Lightning( On proc)

Conduction also comes from Lightning Strike, so hard casting Chain Lightning is a bad idea, given its very long activation time. Best used on Lightning Storm procs.

Personally, this is the skill skill priority I will be following:

1. Affliction

2. Thundering Blast (If Affliction is up)

3. Crushing Darkness

4. Chain Lightning (If Lightning Storm has proc'd)

5. Force Lightning

6. Lightning Strike (If everything else is on cooldown or Subversion is about to drop)

7. Shock (Only during prolonged movement. Proc'd Chain Lightning will take priority)

im just going to put it out there but if your doing end game raiding. Why are you using an aoe tree and secondly why are you using the pvp tree. I think people see lighning and are like ooooooooh lightning.

first of all you cant use all that much aoe in end game raiding if you need to cc things 2nd of all the madness tree for sorcs is op

i have not found a dps meter but i can tell you at lvl 30 i constintly pull over 220k damage in huttball and thats with actually playing the game and not just dpsing for the sake of it. with my lightning spec i can pull 160k max. however that is not with being able to max chain lightning the best i struggle with it cos of the cast time to be far.

now some facts for you the last spell on lightning and madness, the madness one does 400 more damage just on the tooltip alone i do except that there are other factors let me go into them

lightning 50% increase in crit damage bonus

madness is only 30% however you get a 20% increase in all damage from your dots when you use death field and on top of that you get another 20% increase on damage after a lighning procs

then start taking into accont your other skills and start looking at the tree and comparing dps bonuses and i think you will come to the conclusion that i did

lastly i just want to point out the whirlwing on both trees on one you have lowered duration which at end game raiding you shouldnt need cos by the time it stops your cd is down and if someone breaks your cc then you have bigger problems then your cd you have an idiot in your end game raiding. the other one on madness allows you to have insta cast whirlwind which is epicly useful in pvp (for the stun when broken) and in pve so you can actually wait for the tank to jump in and then cc instead of guess when he is going and start channeling 1.5 seconds before the exact time he goes in if not in end game raiding your going to see your mob run into the pack making aoe damage impossible (hurting your own dps in lightning ALOT) or if you go to soon your going to get bum ra*ed as if you drop the soap in the max security prison and you have a note stapled to your back with an arrow pointing down and writing saying 18th hole

im gonna copy and past this into a new thread and talk about madness dps more my build and so on

I hope this helps with your raiding

im just going to put it out there but if your doing end game raiding. Why are you using an aoe tree and secondly why are you using the pvp tree. I think people see lighning and are like ooooooooh lightning.

first of all you cant use all that much aoe in end game raiding if you need to cc things 2nd of all the madness tree for sorcs is op

i have not found a dps meter but i can tell you at lvl 30 i constintly pull over 220k damage in huttball and thats with actually playing the game and not just dpsing for the sake of it. with my lightning spec i can pull 160k max. however that is not with being able to max chain lightning the best i struggle with it cos of the cast time to be far.

now some facts for you the last spell on lightning and madness, the madness one does 400 more damage just on the tooltip alone i do except that there are other factors let me go into them

lightning 50% increase in crit damage bonus

madness is only 30% however you get a 20% increase in all damage from your dots when you use death field and on top of that you get another 20% increase on damage after a lighning procs

then start taking into accont your other skills and start looking at the tree and comparing dps bonuses and i think you will come to the conclusion that i did

lastly i just want to point out the whirlwing on both trees on one you have lowered duration which at end game raiding you shouldnt need cos by the time it stops your cd is down and if someone breaks your cc then you have bigger problems then your cd you have an idiot in your end game raiding. the other one on madness allows you to have insta cast whirlwind which is epicly useful in pvp (for the stun when broken) and in pve so you can actually wait for the tank to jump in and then cc instead of guess when he is going and start channeling 1.5 seconds before the exact time he goes in if not in end game raiding your going to see your mob run into the pack making aoe damage impossible (hurting your own dps in lightning ALOT) or if you go to soon your going to get bum ra*ed as if you drop the soap in the max security prison and you have a note stapled to your back with an arrow pointing down and writing saying 18th hole

im gonna copy and past this into a new thread and talk about madness dps more my build and so on

I hope this helps with your raiding

Excellent post!