How do mission-based crew skills level?

ReapEvil

Specifically, what are the criteria for gaining the underworld trading missions for the grade 2 materials?

My scavenging missions leveled a while ago so that I can now get the grade 2 stuff. Been working on underworld trading for a while now and, even though it is at the same level as scavenging, I can not get the grade 2 underworld missions.

I thought it might have to do with the mission levels in the drop-down list (i.e. 10-16, 17-24) but my grade 2 scavenging missions became available at lvl 16 and I am now lvl 17 and still don't have the 17-? underworld missions.

I can't seem to find any info about exactly how this works. If somebody had an answer or could point to the answer I would greatly appreciate it.

Underworld trading, diplomacy, treasure hunting, and investigation take quite a bit of time and credits to get them to the point of actually getting the materials you are seeking.

The "bountiful" and "rich" missions have a greater chance of returning critical items, but it's still a gamble. I've dumped thousands of credits into these skills, you don't start getting the better missons types until you are close to the next tier.

Edited by EmbraceDarkSide

I have been crafting a lot and have yet to figure out when grade 2 missions are available,

it has nothing to do with char level though, that I am sure, I am way ahead of my mains

level in crafting lvl. I think it might start at skill 65 or so. Also in the beginning grade 2

missions are few and might only pop when you zone to a new place.

Sorry all I can say for now :)

No it doesn't. I've got a level 10 mercenary I'm using for slicing stuff. As I type this, Mako's on a Mission Level 25 mission.

I really wish Bioware would expose more of how crew skills actually work, numbers wise.

What is the default crit level?

What exactly does affection do for time/crit chance, etc?

What is the probability distribution for item quality by output level? IE, what's the difference between Moderate, Abundant, etc?

How does skill rating compare to "Mission Level"? The drop down menu is the only indicator for "Mission Level" I can see. Does it serve any purpose? It would make more sense to call it Mission Grades & just number it 1-6.