How to Fix the Jedi Consular Story.

PadawanWill

I've heard numerous complaints about the Consular story and after deciding to play through it with an LS Sage I agree, it is incredibly dull and drudging, and the only story I cant enjoy even a little bit. But, I don't think it's irredeemable. Here is my plan for a revised Consular story. If you have your own ideas, or just have some thoughts on mine. Please leave a comment.

Disclaimer: I know that with the time and money it would take to actually rewrite a story and since it's only one class that this will not likely happen. But hey, let a nerd dream, please?

Prologue: Keep it the same for the most part. I enjoyed the Prologue especially with Nalen Raloch and the Font of Rajivari, this is what the rest of the story should have been like. Searching around ancient Jedi ruins and confronting your inner darkness. The change to the story comes on Coruscant, instead of a "plague", it is revealed that Master Yuon Par was tortured by a Sith some time prior and has been smiling and faking it for a while before finally succumbing and going mad. You still hunt down holocrons and learn a healing vs. a "shielding" technique to return her sanity.

Chapter 1: Same core, you are still zipping around hunting fallen Jedi, but like I said before, they aren't under any mind control plagues, just fallen due to the mental torture of this Sith. ( That way they actually bear some responsibility for their actions. Think Master Braga) Things to change, better writing/voice acting for the fallen Jedi, more devastating shame, less "Oops, my bad, won't happen again." Also, one of the Jedi-if you use the spare option-It doesn't matter which one, will turn their lightsaber over and walk away. Your actions for the rest of the story will, later on, determine their fate.

Chapter 2: Scrap it, all of it even/especially Felix and Nadia. Instead of a Rift Alliance, the Jedi council informs the consular of an ancient Jedi device from the Mandalorian wars. It was being transported to Balmorra for research and repair and was lost when the planet was invaded, the Balmorran resistance has been hiding it but it is now it's in danger of falling into Imperial hands, you must go and help the resistance movement and convince them to give you the device. ( Here we would get the role of Consular as both researcher and diplomat.) You learn that the device was incomplete and part of it was on a ship, and where do all the ships in the galaxy seem to crash? Hoth...go Hoth. Also, Felix is replaced with a failed Padawan who became a tracker/survivalist for the Republic. He gets along with Quyzen. Also, he doesn't tell you about his past, you have to work it out as you build your relationship. After you secure the relic from... I guess we could keep Cptn. Valon, but without the rivalry. Anyways, you get called back to Tython for some much-desired rest and time spent in meditation and study.

Chapter 3: Cutscene of you in the Jedi library when a messenger runs up to you and tells you to meet with the Jedi council, they tell you that the device you found on Balmorra has been completed and turned on. It was called the Peacekeeper as it radiated subhertz waves that could pacify an entire planet. You take off from Tython to meet the Jedi Master who is keeping the device on their ship. There you are given a major LS/DS of either; Giving the device to the Republic (DS) or sending it to Tython for further research and consideration (LS) as soon as you make this choice. You hear a boom in the distance. The ship is boarded by a Sith Lord who is a mastermind of deception and espionage, you defeat the Imp troopers and then fight him. He wins and steals the device. Back on your ship he calls you and tells you his plans for the device. He is very polite and charming. The Peacemaker can also be used to implant ideas in people's minds. Your companions trace the call. It's coming from Belsavis. On Belsavis you race to track him down before he can use the device on the prison to have guards and prisoners become his loyal army. Instead of Nadia you meet a Miraluka nurse who helps you as she knows the ins and outs of Belsavis prison. She then comes aboard and asks to be your apprentice. The Sith Lord escapes again with Rakata tech. You travel to Voss next, there the Jedi master who left from Chptr 1 comes into play. For LS he has traveled to Voss to study with the Mystics and sings the praises of the Republic to them. For DS he traveled there hoping for healing but instead finding Sel-Makor and becoming his prophet of Doom. LS Master helps you after asking you to help out some Mystic trainees to complete their trial. DS helps the Sith Lord as Sel-Makor is happy to see the destruction this device could bring. Either way on Voss the machine is corrupted by the darkness of Sel-Makor , sending you into a dream-state where you must battle your dark-self. You defeat your own demons and come out stronger but the Sith Lord escapes, now injured and unhinged, again to Correlia, to unleash a fully corrupted Peacemaker, the Warbringer. You fight to stop him but he uses a network of spies and assassins and traitors to slow you down. You enlist the help of the Green Jedi( and get some lore about them along the way.) and finally defeat him. Cue ending. It's rough I know, but it's my head story.

To quote Darth Vader "No". I mean nice ideas but it seems to make the Consular more war-like, like a Knight, than the diplomatic/explorer of mysteries of the force class. Which is why I love the class story.

Prologue: Keep it the same for the most part. I enjoyed the Prologue especially with Nalen Raloch and the Font of Rajivari, this is what the rest of the story should have been like. Searching around ancient Jedi ruins and confronting your inner darkness. The change to the story comes on Coruscant, instead of a "plague", it is revealed that Master Yuon Par was tortured by a Sith some time prior and has been smiling and faking it for a while before finally succumbing and going mad. You still hunt down holocrons and learn a healing vs. a "shielding" technique to return her sanity.

Chapter 1: Same core, you are still zipping around hunting fallen Jedi, but like I said before, they aren't under any mind control plagues, just fallen due to the mental torture of this Sith. ( That way they actually bear some responsibility for their actions. Think Master Braga) Things to change, better writing/voice acting for the fallen Jedi, more devastating shame, less "Oops, my bad, won't happen again." Also, one of the Jedi-if you use the spare option-It doesn't matter which one, will turn their lightsaber over and walk away. Your actions for the rest of the story will, later on, determine their fate.

I actually found the mind control plague a neat idea, reminds me of Darth Tenebrous' plans but in a more mystical version as opposed to purely scientific.

Chapter 2: Scrap it, all of it even/especially Felix and Nadia. Instead of a Rift Alliance, the Jedi council informs the consular of an ancient Jedi device from the Mandalorian wars. It was being transported to Balmorra for research and repair and was lost when the planet was invaded, the Balmorran resistance has been hiding it but it is now it's in danger of falling into Imperial hands, you must go and help the resistance movement and convince them to give you the device. ( Here we would get the role of Consular as both researcher and diplomat.) You learn that the device was incomplete and part of it was on a ship, and where do all the ships in the galaxy seem to crash? Hoth...go Hoth. Also, Felix is replaced with a failed Padawan who became a tracker/survivalist for the Republic. He gets along with Quyzen. Also, he doesn't tell you about his past, you have to work it out as you build your relationship. After you secure the relic from... I guess we could keep Cptn. Valon, but without the rivalry. Anyways, you get called back to Tython for some much-desired rest and time spent in meditation and study.

Recovering relics are nice but honestly... no. Just no. It's already convoluted enough that a Sith Temple was on Hoth of all places, we don't need a ship from the Mandalorian Wars to be added there. I also heavily dislike your idea of getting rid of the Rift Alliance, it was actually nice to see the struggles of some key Republic Worlds and how the good guys weren't always united. Felix is also a very interesting character with a fascinating backstory so I think getting rid of him is a great disservice, Nadia could've been handled better I'll give you that. I understand why she is so naive but it would've been nice to see her act a little more like her age.

Chapter 3: Cutscene of you in the Jedi library when a messenger runs up to you and tells you to meet with the Jedi council, they tell you that the device you found on Balmorra has been completed and turned on. It was called the Peacekeeper as it radiated subhertz waves that could pacify an entire planet. You take off from Tython to meet the Jedi Master who is keeping the device on their ship. There you are given a major LS/DS of either; Giving the device to the Republic (DS) or sending it to Tython for further research and consideration (LS) as soon as you make this choice. You hear a boom in the distance. The ship is boarded by a Sith Lord who is a mastermind of deception and espionage, you defeat the Imp troopers and then fight him. He wins and steals the device. Back on your ship he calls you and tells you his plans for the device. He is very polite and charming. The Peacemaker can also be used to implant ideas in people's minds. Your companions trace the call. It's coming from Belsavis. On Belsavis you race to track him down before he can use the device on the prison to have guards and prisoners become his loyal army. Instead of Nadia you meet a Miraluka nurse who helps you as she knows the ins and outs of Belsavis prison. She then comes aboard and asks to be your apprentice. The Sith Lord escapes again with Rakata tech. You travel to Voss next, there the Jedi master who left from Chptr 1 comes into play. For LS he has traveled to Voss to study with the Mystics and sings the praises of the Republic to them. For DS he traveled there hoping for healing but instead finding Sel-Makor and becoming his prophet of Doom. LS Master helps you after asking you to help out some Mystic trainees to complete their trial. DS helps the Sith Lord as Sel-Makor is happy to see the destruction this device could bring. Either way on Voss the machine is corrupted by the darkness of Sel-Makor , sending you into a dream-state where you must battle your dark-self. You defeat your own demons and come out stronger but the Sith Lord escapes, now injured and unhinged, again to Correlia, to unleash a fully corrupted Peacemaker, the Warbringer. You fight to stop him but he uses a network of spies and assassins and traitors to slow you down. You enlist the help of the Green Jedi( and get some lore about them along the way.) and finally defeat him. Cue ending. It's rough I know, but it's my head story.

This as well, it's fine to enhance the story but you've completely got rid of the children of the emperor plotline. While the warbringer sounds like an interesting weapon of mass-mind control it would be better if you had tied it to the children, so perhaps Tenebrae would like to acquire so he could mass-control people or one of the children wishes to acquire to gift to their "father". Either way if you ever feel like writing it as full fledge fan-fic feel free to, but honestly I think you're derailing too much from the original plot and what the class was about.

Edited by FlameYOL

I'm going to go with no. Then it feels like almost a ripoff of the Inquisitor story.

But I do agree the characters are bland and boring as is much of the voice acting.

And I think we should of gotten Nadia after Balmorra, not as late into the story.

I did not even read past the first couple of sentences. The consular story was easily the best pub-side story and maybe the second-best (behind inquisitor) in the game. In fact, my consular is the only pub story that I keep up to date because the rest were so *backside* that I never took them beyond the main class story.

:t_angel:

I did not even read past the first couple of sentences. The consular story was easily the best pub-side story and maybe the second-best (behind inquisitor) in the game. In fact, my consular is the only pub story that I keep up to date because the rest were so *backside* that I never took them beyond the main class story.

:t_angel:

It is a good story. Just not well executed. And the male voice just annoys the hell out of me.

And the companions are some of the worst.

The Trooper story IMHO has the best companions but a terrible story.

How about... No.

#1 the story as is is not as bad as you think. Go into it with the right attitude and it plays very well.

#2 more technical...BW will NEVER rewrite ANY story in this game. So why even bother trying to suggest it.

Edited by psandak

It is a good story. Just not well executed. And the male voice just annoys the hell out of me.

And the companions are some of the worst.

The Trooper story IMHO has the best companions but a terrible story.

I'll agree that the companions are terrible. I will also agree that trooper has a terrible story.

Best companions... gotta be Merc. Merc has Blizz and Mako and... I don't know, some other losers (including Torian). Really, they all seem ok except Skadge.Most of the companions from the class story are bad, though.