Shadowlands vs. Jedi Covenant (Yeah, sorry.)

machinestatic

Hey everyone. I know you veterans have seen this question (and similar ones) a million times and are sick of it. But when I search for my question the most recent threads I see are 4+ months old. So, quick summary of my situation: I just resubbed a few weeks ago and got a Jedi Sage into the 40's on Shadowlands. I live in Massachusetts and gave Harb a spin to test the latency. It was under 100ms for DAYS in a row so I thought I was in the clear. Nope! 200ms, 500ms, 5,000ms, 15,000ms tonight? No thanks, back to the east coast I go.

Long story short, any advantage in going to JC over Shadowlands, or should I just return whence I came? (If it helps, I just do casual PVE, no PVP or RP.)

Thanks!

I assume your looking for a more populated server? Shadowlands I believe is actually more populated than Jedi Covenant by a small margin. http://www.torstatus.net/ This is website to check population of different servers.

The latency your seeing on Harbinger seems to be out of the norm and makes me wonder if it wasn't a fluke such as a problem with your internet at the time. I usually see on average 70-100 ms on Harbinger and 35-50 on Jedi Covenant playing from Michigan

I assume your looking for a more populated server? Shadowlands I believe is actually more populated than Jedi Covenant by a small margin. http://www.torstatus.net/ This is website to check population of different servers.

The latency your seeing on Harbinger seems to be out of the norm and makes me wonder if it wasn't a fluke such as a problem with your internet at the time. I usually see on average 70-100 ms on Harbinger and 35-50 on Jedi Covenant playing from Michigan

Thanks, very helpful. I just played for an hour and stayed under 100ms... except for a minute when I had 1 red bar and a 295069 bazillion (approximately ;)) ms latency. So hopefully you're right and it's just a random internet thing. If not, I'll hop on Shadowlands. With the current price of server transfers I can't complain.

Jedi Cov used to be more populated than shadowlands but its population has dropped significantly. However, this is a trend across all servers where their populations are dropping.

I live in South Carolina and typically get about 39ms on Jedi Cov. I get higher a lot of times but that's just my crappy internet, not the server.

~ Eudoxia

It's mostly during the day. Used to be a lot more people on, pop would hit 2 instances on fleet just after 12 PM EST. Now it doesn't hit that until about 8 PM almost.

You can always tell how population is when you play GSF, cause it's the first queue to die during certain times when the population drops. This time last year morning died, this year afternoon has died.

Shadowlands is no better off than Jedi Cov really though. Again all the servers are slowly loosing population.

~ Eudoxia