Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No April Fool's Joke = Maintenance Mode

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
No April Fool's Joke = Maintenance Mode

Hebruixe
04.01.2016 , 02:23 PM | #21
If SWTOR was in maintenance mode, we wouldn't be getting new content every month.

(Also, there would probably be less bugs if we were in "maintenance" mode.)
Real men use defensive cooldowns.

iowaboynca
04.01.2016 , 02:34 PM | #22
Thanks for the comments guys.

For those of you who posted that yeah it was probably best they didn't do an April Fools Joke this year, yeah I can understand.
I'd like to think that I'm not one of those who I feel like I'm a doomsayer, the sky is falling type of guy but I appreciate the April Fools Jokes and when I saw that they didn't do one this year, I was disappointed.

Another thing and maybe its related but there hasn't been a lot of lead in to Ch. 12...What are they working on that it taking so much resources?

I'm asking as a pollyanna/"whiteknight", not a doomsayer

DOHboy
04.01.2016 , 02:46 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by iowaboynca View Post

What are they working on that it taking so much resources?

I'm asking as a pollyanna/"whiteknight", not a doomsayer
market research on how to please the forums...and in larger sense the internet. The 3000 super computers they have running 24/7 have yet to resolve the paradox of pleasing the "damned if you do, damned if you don't" crowed
ya'll know what this is (hint yes its a referral link)

Andryah
04.01.2016 , 02:51 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by DOHboy View Post
... how to please the forums...
Kobayashi Maru right there.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

Khevar
04.01.2016 , 04:09 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Kobayashi,
Maru,
Right,
THERE!
Fixed

heythereqt
04.01.2016 , 04:23 PM | #26
"The Devs didn't waste 3 hours of their time on a one-off april fools joke that has no significance whatsoever because they were busy actually working on the game......game is dying!"

1 million credits say that if they did to an April fools joke, we'd have a thread titled "April Fool's Joke = Maintenance Mode."

Also, new content/chapter updates every month with fully integrated cinematics and a hired team of voice actors, along with 2 new pvp maps, along with the upcoming eternal championship, along with new cartel packs every month, along with active bug fixes and PTS testing sure does sound like they are in "maintenance mode."
Use my referral link HERE and receive these benefits for free! Thanks!

blendedseal
04.01.2016 , 05:16 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by heythereqt View Post
because they were busy actually working on the game
Thanks for the laugh. Only thing they are currently busy with is reskinning things that were previously in the game and selling them on the Cartel Market. Only way we'd get them actually working all out to fix anything is if we were unable to purchase cartel coins.

Hunterkat
04.01.2016 , 05:17 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
Considering when they did something last year people complained. It is just April 1, April fool's joke nothing that important. If you are saying because they didn't do something for April Fool's Day then maybe the problem is with you. My professor didn't do an April fool's day joke and yet no one complained.
Your professor is in maintenance mode.