Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

You guys seriously can't do anything right anymore

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
You guys seriously can't do anything right anymore

Saregon
03.31.2016 , 04:20 PM | #1
<Topic Title> ....Abundantly clear by the Eternal Championship PTS fiascos, Cartel Pack revamps 3 times, and pretty much everything else you guys have done the last few months.

My sub train has been chugging along since Day 1, I've been here through it all, and it ends next month for the first time in 5+ years. I'm not meaning this in an egotistical way whatsoever, but you all at EAWare should really think that's a big deal...a long time faithful and loyal customer is leaving. I love Star Wars, but "it's Star Wars" is no longer enough to keep me (and I'm sure many other people) around anymore. You have to do better. At one point I thought this game would break my MMO time record, I played Anarchy Online (subbed) for over 9 years, but I guess it wasn't meant to be and it actually ended up falling a few YEARS short.

I've loved this game, but I no longer have faith in anything you guys are doing. Please prove me wrong.

(IB4 White Knight Apologists and "Can I have your stuff?" ...No, you cannot.)
Never . Forget
RIP Orange Pixel of Doom

Here is my Referral Link -
http://www.swtor.com/r/R8kSmL - Click for Free Stuff!

Hebruixe
03.31.2016 , 04:29 PM | #2
So...what were they supposed to do to keep you?
Real men use defensive cooldowns.

aristrokratie
03.31.2016 , 04:45 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Hebruixe View Post
Create content? Balance classes? ya know basic mmo stuff...

knights of the failed empire

peter_plankskull
03.31.2016 , 04:49 PM | #4
Be honest here... no company is perfect and Bioware has been messing up constantly since KOTFE. Server crashes, the buff/nerf companion fiasco, broken events, lack of content, bugged content, bugs going on for months on end, EC being delayed for 2 months minimum, and terrible ticket time since 4.0.

Hebruixe
03.31.2016 , 04:58 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by peter_plankskull View Post
Be honest here... no company is perfect and Bioware has been messing up constantly since KOTFE. Server crashes, the buff/nerf companion fiasco, broken events, lack of content, bugged content, bugs going on for months on end, EC being delayed for 2 months minimum, and terrible ticket time since 4.0.
I wouldn't claim they are perfect. But we've been getting more content per month than ever before. Personally I find that sufficient to forgive the bugs and various other problems. I'm also grateful that we don't get assaulted with the endless buffs and nerfs associated with pvp balancing. That's part of why I left WoW and came here.

I realize not everyone feels the same way I do...which is why I asked the question above. Don't just criticize their failings. Offer constructive solutions to the problems you're so upset about.
Real men use defensive cooldowns.

peter_plankskull
03.31.2016 , 05:06 PM | #6
I wouldn't claim they are perfect. But we've been getting more content per month than ever before. Personally I find that sufficient to forgive the bugs and various other problems. I'm also grateful that we don't get assaulted with the endless buffs and nerfs associated with pvp balancing. That's part of why I left WoW and came here.

I realize not everyone feels the same way I do...which is why I asked the question above. Don't just criticize their failings. Offer constructive solutions to the problems you're so upset about.
We been getting more content per month, however the content we get at launch of the expac of SOR and ROTHC is more than we get monthly right now. I would be fine with a few bugs, but game breaking bugs that go on months on end preventing us from accessing KOTFE is ridiculous and unacceptable.

Romance bugs still prevent people from starting KOTFE, been here since launch
Agent bug for one entire month
Nico bug for 3 weeks
Courting gifts bugged since start of KOTFE
Rooted enemies point the wrong way, affects operations the most known, since a few weeks ago, wont be fixed till 4.3

Most of these are major ones, notice how long they take to be fixed, assuming they are or will be fixed.

Ill admit I don't like the buff/nerf fiasco either, but its better than a few classes dominating the boards for months, and for one, years on end.

masterceil
03.31.2016 , 05:21 PM | #7
Hey look, it's this thread again.
Appreciate the help/snark in the above post? Click here to help me out!
Celestial ArgonautsCelestial Dreadnauts
Star Forged from the Ebon Hawk cacd.enjin.com

peter_plankskull
03.31.2016 , 05:28 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by masterceil View Post
Hey look, it's this thread again.
We should really encourage people who leave to stay subbed to the game . This is our family you know... we should help each other in times of need and encourage them to keep chugging on or at least wish them luck to find another game.

Codedrago
03.31.2016 , 05:29 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by peter_plankskull View Post
We should really encourage people who leave to stay subbed to the game . This is our family you know... we should help each other in times of need and encourage them to keep chugging on or at least wish them luck to find another game.
I encourage them to leave, then when the game is devoid of subs, I can safely say I helped murder a game!
It's not that you disagree, it's how you disagree
You're a white knight if you like Bioware, you're a whiner if you hate them, you're a scummy fence sitter if you're in the middle.
Why don't go and click this referral link . Please? Pwetty Pwease with a Vette on top?

BenKatarn
03.31.2016 , 05:41 PM | #10
Do their jobs right, for starters.
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech