[Bug] Possible not sure..

Herguy

So playing a Gunslinger/smuggler and I am questing and I go into cover with "Take Cover" and have the Passive "Hold Position".

Then I get grabbed from behind my cover and pulled to the mob. Now "Hold Position" says and I quote "you cannot be leapt to or pulled, and you are immune to interrupts and ability activation push back.

So am I not understanding what "cannot be leapt to or pulled" means?

Because I was surely pulled from cover by the mob.:mad:

Edit: Separatist Arms Dealers are the mobs that are pulling me.

Edited by Herguy

That passive hasn't worked to prevent pulling/leaping to since I started playing the game years ago for either smuggler or sniper. It is broken, and likely never to be fixed. Hunker Down / Entrench with the right utilities is the much better, and working, option. Later on the utilities and armor set bonus will make Hunker down by far the better ability anyway.

That passive hasn't worked to prevent pulling/leaping to since I started playing the game years ago for either smuggler or sniper. It is broken, and likely never to be fixed. Hunker Down / Entrench with the right utilities is the much better, and working, option. Later on the utilities and armor set bonus will make Hunker down by far the better ability anyway.

Leaping to you is 100% blocked when you are in cover. The only exception to this is Obliterate from Rage jugg/ Fury mara. But being pulled, hmm... I don't think Hold Position has ever prevented pulls, I was sure you got to have Hunker Down up to defend from that.

Some PvE enemies pull you regardless of what defensives you have up. Like, Hunker Down defensive ability makes you completely immune to literally everything that could move you from your position or stun you - but certain bosses in ops can still knock you back (infernal council in EV comes to mind).

About Hold Position, I don't remember it ever protecting from pulls, I might be wrong.

IIRC, they fixed it years ago to prevent Scoundrel/Operative healers in warzones from using Take Cover to prevent being leapt to or pulled.

That class already had lots of tools to get away in PVP, and with them also being able to use Take Cover, it was too much.

Also as mentioned above, there are just some mob abilities that are coded differently and will go through Hunker Down, even basic open world mobs. "Fall of the Locust" Heroic on Taris, when you blast the gunship there is a mob that spawns that throws a flash grenade at you, and you get blinded regardless if Hunker Down is up or not, but you would not be blinded in PVP by a Scoundrel/Operative using their flash grenade if Hunker Down is up.

/shrug

Edited by Akureng
Addition

This may or may not have changed over time, but I am sure that "in some versions" (e. g. 1.0 and 1.1), sniper / gunslinger cover prevents pull from powertech / vanguard, and that is without entrench / hunker down.

E. g. in 1.0, a typical move for my vanguard tank was cryo grenade + harpoon on snipers (back when cryo grenade had 30m range), since it didn't work without the stun that ended cover.

And it has always, always, always been an issue that some NPCs respect this buff and others don't. Dozens of examples for either.