What if Holo-Locate were Force Camo?

TitusOfTides

I was thinking it would make more sense thematically and be more useful. I'd like to see a Hidden Savagery type utility to allow strong openers and really feel like a sniper. 4-6 seconds of stealth on a 45s cooldown would also be a stronger DCD than Holo-Locate.

Do this, and you will see these classes in Ranked again. I think a Defel Spliced Genes copy would probably be too strong though, even if you put the refresh on something with a longer CD, like Laze Targets.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cool Name Suggestions?

Edited by TitusOfTides

Holo-Locate seems to be the devs' answer to snipers getting focused in pvp. I'm speculating, so I don't know.

The issue with Holo-Locate and Force Camo for that matter, is that you have to take advantage of a cheesy mechanic to make effective use of them. Since Marauders and Snipers have no real directed self-healing abilities, they're forced to run around a corner and hide and wait until they're out of combat to heal themselves, thereby taking them out of the fight.

That's why sorcs make much better use of Phase Walk, because they can directly heal themselves without risk of interruption (while in combat).

IMO, especially Holo-Locate needs to be reworked, especially since they don't stealth while doing it. Which is why Force Camo is better in this regard. Maybe give Holo-Locate a percentage heal after doing it?

Holo-Locate seems to be the devs' answer to snipers getting focused in pvp. I'm speculating, so I don't know.

The issue with Holo-Locate and Force Camo for that matter, is that you have to take advantage of a cheesy mechanic to make effective use of them. Since Marauders and Snipers have no real directed self-healing abilities, they're forced to run around a corner and hide and wait until they're out of combat to heal themselves, thereby taking them out of the fight.

That's why sorcs make much better use of Phase Walk, because they can directly heal themselves without risk of interruption (while in combat).

IMO, especially Holo-Locate needs to be reworked, especially since they don't stealth while doing it. Which is why Force Camo is better in this regard. Maybe give Holo-Locate a percentage heal after doing it?

That s actually a great idea since cd reset doesnt reset roll anymore sniper are underperforming in pvp. Holocate is totally crap (doesnt even put you in cover when doing it) something like 15 or 20% healing would fix the issue.