Origin Preorders?

Blood_Burger

For digital deluxe, paid $5. The remainder will be charged right before launch.

That's what it said while purchasing and that is what it says in the emails I received for confirmation of my purchase.

Card statement from July shows I was charged right away. Not sure about others

This man is correct. :)

Nope, I checked for the last few weeks and the $60 still came out and none of it was ever refunded. So if I get charged again I will be ticked off, glad I still can print it out for proof if need be. Also my receipt e-mail shows the $5 pre-order fee, and the $54.99 fee for the game.

Edited by MaGicBush

Nope, I checked for the last few weeks and the $60 still came out and none of it was ever refunded. So if I get charged again I will be ticked off, glad I still can print it out for proof if need be. Also my receipt e-mail shows the $5 pre-order fee, and the $54.99 fee for the game.

Ah ok, well, maybe it's different for us all. The first time I looked at my bank account (just after I pre-ordered the game) it said the full sum, but now it only say $5. In the e-mail from origin it says the full amount though. Oh well, guess it will sort it self out sooner or later. :)

Both my husband and I were charged the $5 pre-order fee. Went to check my order history on the Origin website this afternoon - but according to Origin, neither my husband have any order history.

1.5 hours later with Origin customer service - they can't see it either, but assure me I haven't been scammed.

Yay.

I was charged the full amount, then two days later, all but the $5 was refunded. So I expect the rest to be charged officially on the 20th.

Exactly! They put a hold on your card to make sure you have the funds at the time of purchase then the hold falls off after time with the basic 5 dollar charge left on it until the Release date of the 20th when the rest is charged.

Same thing when renting a car.