Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A PvP a Day...

flem
04.23.2015 , 10:44 AM | #1021
Quote: Originally Posted by DomiSotto View Post
BUT! This week's warzones award 4,000 conquest points per killing blow, so I got 20,000+ conquest points after my Weekly, I couldn't believe it!
Yeah, that objective doesn't seem to be repeatable, or I'd have hit my cap in one Voidstar.
Jedi Covenant | Formerly: Squadron 840; Shii-Cho | Bring back warzone pets!

AlrikFassbauer
04.23.2015 , 11:42 AM | #1022
By the end of it, I decided to change my main targeting keybind, from the middle wheel to the side button,.
... And I don't even havbe a mouse with more than 3 keys, lol ... ( And the mouse wheel, which is in fact the 3rd key, isn't even recognized by my consciousness as a 3rd key ... )

Now people are going to hate me because I'm playing with imperfect RL gear ... LOL
Complex minds
Cope with
Complex problems.

DomiSotto
04.23.2015 , 03:53 PM | #1023
Folks, sorry, I think I won't be on tonight. Family stuff.

//

Aww, Alrick, NO!

Heh, if anything I feel worse about having a great set up with poor results. There are these incredible players on Harbinger that connect with terrible lags and I doesnít stop them from being awesome.
If you are interested, I think the biggest improvement in mouse that I have noticed was going from the regular 3-button one to the 5 button one, because the 2 buttons on the side keyed to the two immediate abilities were really useful.

I went to the 16-button in hopes that I can learn to properly strafe, by binding all movement and targeting on the right hand and all the fighting on the left.

In practice, I canít strafe, only kite and heal or shoot. My brain doesnít process 3 things necessary to do it (move, adjust facing and execute an ability).

I have only trained myself to use maybe 5 out of 12 buttons by memory on the side. 1,2, 4,7 and 8. By whatever reason while 3 and 6 should be easy to add, it is not for me, and I keep using my Function row instead. The buttons feel too tight and small, and are not as reactive as the ones on the 5-button mouse, where the side buttons were large and easily clickable.

I am ashamed to admit, but while I managed to drill in Focus Target/Focus target modifier on my tank and my heals, I am so far unable to use the Target of Target and Focus targetís target on my DPS. I will keep trying to get used to DPS, but frankly I think I am hopeless.
Deal.

Banderal
04.23.2015 , 05:36 PM | #1024
Hey, I saw Gori online for, uhm, 10 seconds? Been working on my PT tank. Had an arena as my first match. Totally sucks having an arena, where every mistake counts, as your first match when you are coming back from a break on that toon and trying to remember your keybinds. But luckily I got with 3 other players that were good, and we won that one.

Then an ACW with a 1/2 way decent team. We took the 2 sides while they were busy trying to win mid from us. Then after I died mid I, of course, went to the sides to help guard. Was a big battle at grass, where we fended them off. Eventually they took it though, but we were 10 pts over the 1/2-way threshold, and so were on our way to winning. Then, when I went to snow to make sure we had enough guards, the other two left! I called out in chat that 1 guard when we were barely over half-way was probably not a good idea, and at least one other person was "listening", and so I got a helper. They did not bother trying to attack us, though, until we also already taken mid. So, another win.

Then I got a bunch of arenas in a row. Had one with 2 epic battles. We had 2 dps/off-heals and 2 tanks. They had 3 heals and a dps. First match lasted to the acid. I had died (well, only level 35), but the other 3 guys put up a heck of a fight. The acid favored the other team, though, because they had higher health totals when it seeped in. Round 2 didn't make it to the acid, but it still went a couple minutes. Same thing though, we just could not out-dps the healers. Had a good team as far as cooperation, though, and no one did any chat-combat or rage quit.

Then an arena where I backfilled into a group where the other 3 were stealth. I was already dead, and 2 others died with about 1:30 left. The last guy tried the "stealth till acid" method, but it didn't work. Same thing happened 2nd round, and there was much chat-fu about how lame the stealther was. I didn't really mind sitting there watching them try to search, and neither did anyone else on our team, so no one gave the position away. It might be lame, but I'm not going to get all bent out of shape about it.

Then another arena... and now YES! A hutball! (Quesh, which isn't as good, but still...). Ugh... well, that was a big loss. I got those same DPS-hungry players who left me as a single guard in that ACW. Yeah - one of them was a tank this time, and had 2 -times my protection numbers, and all of it on his buddy in mid, none on the ball carrier ever. I hate to admit it, but sometimes I just hit my num-lock-key (auto-run) and go do something else for a while. I don't want to doom someone else into backfilling into the match, but I also don't want to spend effort on it. I know, bad me.

Slippery When'wet, FistFullOfCandy - SF

DomiSotto
04.24.2015 , 03:27 PM | #1025
(Wave) sorry, Banderal, I did not notice you were on, the RL stuff was quite concerning. Things are looking up now, so, back to fun & games. Hopefully see Alrik and you while I am on Tredici

Yes, I too donít like the arenas as the first venue on the character, but itís almost always is, when I log in after work, as there is not enough queue. So, I hear you! When a match is forfeit, I just study the characterís abilities by getting into pointless fights.

This morning I was playing my Sorcererís dailies, and finally got to 11/14 DR. I donít know if itís even worth it to finish the set, because the remaining 3 pieces all will be 5,000 ranked comms + 1,000 regs to min/max. Eww. I thought I was doing fairly well, though my highest hps was still in 1700ís in the Arena from all things, but saw more unwanted behavior than usual by some reason. Someone from the opposition was emoting at me in an Arena we won; and we had one of those ďu - suck, me - martyrĒ in a VS which we did lose badly.

Looking at the PST, I think I will just stay on the Knight and the PT, and wait to work on the Scoundrel/Op until after the changes.
Deal.

Banderal
04.24.2015 , 07:01 PM | #1026
No worries about grouping. I already read that you were going to be busy with RL stuff. And even if not, still no worries if you just didn't feel like grouping.

But... but! I had an 800+K heal with my lvl 35 sage! Personal best by far. Was a NC. We took east, they took west, and we fought over mid for a couple minutes before anyone took it. They mostly left me alone, so I didn't have to try to kite much. I just threw out heals left, right and mid! My team didn't LoS me much so I was doing a pretty good job, I thought, of keeping everyone up.

Eventually, though, they decided to focus me a bit, and my heals dropped off, and they took mid (sure, I'll take the fall for that, why not). Then we managed to get west from them, which they came in force to take back, but that let us take mid. They made a valiant effort to take mid back, coming close to flipping it a couple times... but we managed to hold on. They made one attack at east towards the end, and our guard was paying attention and called out. I went to assist, and stumbled on a stealth that was also headed there, and soon we had 3 attacking east. But our team responded, and we kept it. End game, we win.

All in all, just a good game. We didn't crush them. We just won through adapting our tactics a bit, and then playing smart. I even had a tank throw a guard on me, peel a bit, and thank me for heals in chat! Er, speaking of which... how do you know who's guarding you? I know the little 'zap animation' travels back to them when I take damage. But I kept missing who that traveled to in the heat of the action. Is there a better way? Because I didn't actually know who my tank was until the score came up at the end, and only one guy had protection numbers (I MVP'd him ).

[Edit: And then I played a 2nd game, got an AHG, and accidentally friendly-pulled a sniper out of his rotation. I guess not quite ready for the big time yet. ]

flem
04.24.2015 , 11:21 PM | #1027
From what Iíve observed comparing what I do to how much I get, what it takes to get there: 0 deaths; maximize AoE heals; stay with the main group only; minimize periods of kiting and healing self (I seem to do it far too much).
No, kiting while self-healing with Trance fits perfectly into the max HPS rotation - just drop the procced Salv super-fast after (double-tap on a nearby ally - or even yourself - if you're too busy to ground target). So does self-healing with Rejuvenate (sets up procs) and procced Mend if you're not really far from teammates (bounces to other people). The instant self-heal, adrenal, and medpac are off the GCD, so as long as you keybind properly they won't interrupt the flow.

It's basically a matter of keeping APM up, targeting quickly and using self-modifier to minimize target swaps, and using all/almost all of your procs.

Of course, the downside is that all the learning may go to waste if the 3.2.1 changes happen.
Jedi Covenant | Formerly: Squadron 840; Shii-Cho | Bring back warzone pets!

DomiSotto
04.25.2015 , 08:16 AM | #1028
Sorry, folks, RL is still kindda sad with me and mine, and the game just doesn't distract me enough from it. Helpless is one of those things that I don't handle well.

Yes, I set all my AoE on double taps, when the puddle is instant or cast is reduced. But i need to position it better, for sure.

I finally managed that 2000 hps. By 0.83 points. With a super-good group that was facerolling. But I will take it

http://s1063.photobucket.com/user/Me...tml?sort=3&o=0

The 3.2 changes are going to favor burst heals, traded for longer casts, or at least that's how it looked when I last checked and they switched from the NS =3 min CD. I think we'll still be Okay. But, yeah, after the changes stabilize, I plan to run a Scoundrel and an Operative, particularly if 12xXP is staying for a while, to try healing and DPS aspect of the class.

@Banderal: I am always up for grouping! I am trying to play my chars in somewhat logical fashion though so I at least know what I am doing on a char. Somewhat. heh. 800 thou heals when you are in your 30'ies is great!!! Yay, you!

I am still going be playing mostly on my Knight; I want him to get to L60 through zones, then I can do Rishi-Yavin-Ziost story-line on him in PvP gear, and hopefully have a good Exhumed with DR Left Side by the end of it. The keybind change helped a little, and I feel a bit easier moving and fighting on a melee. I am going to re-keybind the cc'break as well, so I can do it easier. I might end up with the Knight keybound in a completely different way than everyone else, because his priorities are different. But, yeah, hitting 1000 DPS will be a long struggle.

I *really* need to get used to Guardian Leaping instead of Leaping when my friendly target is in trouble. I am not a tank, so I will protect the target by the Guardian Leap more than by trying to taunt and kill his/her attacker.
Deal.

DomiSotto
04.27.2015 , 12:09 AM | #1029
Awesome! I finally managed to get into the ranked! (Jumps up and down). Took some time, but we got the 10 zones done, 4 wins, 6 losses, so not as bad as I thought it would be. Even got a couple of arenas against Hottie the Scoundrel and Caesar the Gunslinger. So, I feel like I contributed to the Republic's higher win ratios. I really need to grow as healer, that's for sure. Oh, and nobody yelled. Good stuff.
Deal.

Banderal
04.27.2015 , 06:17 AM | #1030
I've been trying to level my healer still. Had a Huttball match that started just terrible, where they went up 4 to 0 very quickly. Then we started to turn it around. A jugg and I were one fire pit away from their goal. The jugg had just passed to me, but I was knocked off the catwalk. The jugg was still up there dueling one enemy, so I passed back to him and he scored! A little while later we made it 4 to 2. We were well on our way to 3 (jugg had the ball again with just the final ramp to walk/leap down), but time ran out. Still, a much better ending than I had expected.

I also back filled into another HB match where we continued to get clobbered all the way to the end. And where I was reminded of one of the most ironic chat messages people type. "Just let them win." Yeah, whenever I see that the phrase "let them" is way beyond applying anymore.

(Edit. Oh, and grats on the ranked!)