The reason Sorcerers/Sages are OP in PvP

Tumri

And you say I am bad at picking up implications, you are bad at picking up specifics apparently

And if you dont add up the movement impairment abilities then you cant count ours, it is very logical.

You can't count a sorcerer's instant cyclone with a 2 second stun at the end, and then look at a warriors 1 sec immobilize after a charge and say "Oh, looks like they've both got one, they've got the exact same control"

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't count a sorcerer's instant cyclone with a 2 second stun at the end, and then look at a warriors 1 sec immobilize after a charge and say "Oh, looks like they've both got one, they've got the exact same control"

And where did I say that? However I can state that they have a force choke which is a 3 second stun that does damage

Edited by Lormif

Since we like fantasy land scenarios where everyone has every cooldown available at all times, let me go ahead and explain how easy it is to take down a sorc on my 34 juggernaut.

Interrupt them, beat on them some. They knock back and root you, non-channeled choke them for 3 seconds. Pop defensive CD, they electrocute you, you sit there the few seconds. Force push them, followed by leap to them, continue beating on them. Free Force scream on them after the leap for a bubble. By now interrupt is back up, so lets interrupt them and keep beating on them. They whirlwind you, break CC ability. Beat on them more. Leap and interrupt are back up again soon if they aren't dead.

And that is just with a level 34, I am sure I get more tricks as I go. Just because you are in a 50 bracket now and might need to use the tools available to you, doesn't mean other classes are OP. Most classes have similar amounts of utility, they just don't know how or when to use them.

Sorcerers and Sages are OP. I do not need to add reasons why, since there are a million here and a million counterpoints.

It's just my opinion, which is infallible so it should be fact.

I put in several tickets a day for miscellaneous bugs, and I report sorcerers at the end of each one to annoy the devs, because it's true. They ask for screenshots, I send them. No reply.

They send me answers every now and then and tell me every class has an ability that breaks stuns. Yes, I'm aware after I use it and then get stunned three more times, thanks you retarded ***** for pointing that out because I was just too stupid to see.

Maybe it's just my fault for assuming that they nerfed Scoundrels because they stunned people to death in 4 seconds, while sorcerers can stun people to death for 20 seconds (though in reality it's like 6 seconds). So the only difference is the time it takes you die while stunned which is really only ~2 seconds difference if you time it.

They won't nerf simply because everybody plays them and all it takes is a popsicle stick glued on your 1-4 keys to be effective with them. It's noob heaven and all the baddies that play don't want to reroll their fotm class.

Edited by Bluesnacks

You left out the "Channeled" part. It's terrible.

So wait, I am expected to be talented to have my instant lift, and the stun afterwards, but I cant expect you to have the talent that makes it not channeled, wow the double standard.

Sorcerers and Sages are OP. I do not need to add reasons why, since there are a million here and a million counterpoints.

It's just my opinion, which is infallible so it should be fact.

I put in several tickets a day for miscellaneous bugs, and I report sorcerers at the end of each one to annoy the devs, because it's true. They ask for screenshots, I send them. No reply.

They tell me every class has an ability that breaks stuns. Yes, I'm aware after I use it and then get stunned three more times, thanks you retarded ***** for pointing that out because I was just too stupid to see.

They won't nerf simply because everybody plays them and all it takes is a popsicle stick glued on your 1-4 keys to be effective with them. It's noob heaven and all the casuals will be pissed.

Pro tip:

Use your CC break with a full resolve bar.

Nothing like using badness as an excuse for nerf.

I'll take my JG leap roots over those stuns in WZs. Especially in Huttball. Most good Sorc/Sages force speed across the fire with a full resolve bar.....which is meaningless to my leap roots.

Edited by Telaan

And where did I say that? However I can state that they have a force choke which is a 3 second stun that does damage

You said that every class has close to the same amount of control as a sorcerer.

A three second, channeled, interruptable stun with a 10 yard range, on a 1 minute cooldown isn't even sort of comparable to a sorcerer's electrocute, with a 30 yard range, 45 second cooldown, that isn't channeled and isn't interruptable. It's superior in every way, including damage when you consider that you can continue dpsing during its duration.

The amount of control a marauder gets isn't even in the same ballpark as the amount of control a sorcerer gets, to argue that it is is ridiculous.

Now, don't get me wrong, i'm not saying marauders should have the same amount of Crowd conrol as a sorcerer, I'm just saying that it's stupid to argue that sorcerers don't have a lot more control than just about any other class.

Pro tip:

I'll take my JG leap roots over those stuns in WZs. Especially in Huttball. Most good Sorc/Sages force speed across the fire with a full resolve bar.....which is meaningless to my leap roots.

Pro tip:

Some of the sorcerer CC's don't count against the resolve bar. Thanks for trying though- but there's no consolation prize for being a douche. I've been CC'd several times with a completely full resolve.

Have a nice day.

Edited by Bluesnacks

Pro tip:

So you force leap to people running over fire? You realize you die too right?

So you force leap to people running over fire? You realize you die too right?

If I do, who cares......

All that matters is the dead ball carrier.

Additionally, I usually survive it as the ball carrier typically has less health than I do, and I can run out of it immediately....unlike him.

Pro tip:

Some of the sorcerer CC's don't count against the resolve bar. Thanks for trying though- but there's no consolation prize for being a douche. I've been CC'd several times with a completely full resolve.

Have a nice day.

Two things:

1. More than just sorcerers have CC abilities that ignore resolve. But, your bias is noted.
  2. Resolve is a broken mechanic that allows CC abilities from classes other than sorcerer to bypass resove when they shouldn't.

How am I suposed to know we are talking about juggs since all was mentioned was warriors.

No I meant that Marauders can't talent it. It's reserve for TANK Juggernauts. No DPS JK or SW can get it.

-----

Another point that I'd like to mention is just how GOOD the Sorcerer CCs are. Not only do they have the MOST CC but they also have the best of each type.

Marauder get a 1.5m CD 6s duration AoE mezz that is our big "killer CC". It's biggest flaw is that you rare get the full duration since it breaks on damage. A Sorcerer talented for Backlash can click off his bubble for a 20 second CD AoE mezz with a 3 second duration.

Your stun is also the best in the game with a 4s duration, 50s(talented) CD, and 30 yrd range.

You have the best knockback in the game as well with the shortest CD and a talented immobilize attached. The duration of the immobilize is also incredibly long.

The only thing you have slightly worse is your slow. It's a much larger range than most slows but it doesn't have 100% uptime. On the other hand your main filler move has a slow attached.

Your whirlwind is by far the best 60s(8 in PvP) CC in the game in PvP and even in PvE. It's even got a 2 second stun attached if talented. It also doesn't have anything like a stealth requirement attached.

---

Get ready for a new thread. We've well past 1000 posts (1019 atm).

Edited by Tumri

Two things:

1. More than just sorcerers have CC abilities that ignore resolve. But, your bias is noted.
  2. Resolve is a broken mechanic that allows CC abilities from classes other than sorcerer to bypass resove when they shouldn't.

But the problem here is that sorcerers benefit far more from a bugged resolve than any other class besides maybe snipers.

For one, In the original post he specifically states 20/21 sorcerers, so no, it's not a generalization, you're just terrible at picking up implications.

For two, It's not even close, I've got a 50 sorc, scoundrel, and my sentinel is getting there, but in terms of control none of them are even in the same ballpark, I'm not sure how you could possibly argue that they've got the same amount of control unless you're doing something stupid like adding up all of the abilities that impair movement speed from each class.

Sorcs have the most cc yes and some of it is better then yours . Buts its about all they have , even light/madness can not do the dmg of a dmg spec jug .

Iv played my sorc to BM in

Full madness

Full lightening

Lightening/madness

Full heals

Heals/madness

I have tryed

Power surge

Power crit

Crit surge

Iv dropped tuns of coin on mods to try and get the dps of a true dps class , this is not a top dps class its a supper. And no mater.what you do 2nd rate dps is what they have.

Saying oil but they gets 600k dmg in the wz don't make them a good dps class it makes them useless shield farmers. When a sorc gets that sort of dmg its not for kills that they did its spamming dots that do **** dmg kills no One and helps the team not.

I feel most of the QQers in this thread are bent out of shape ops, bad players , trolls , and some thatight be good players but yet to understand the class.

As for tue guys saying they have a 50 sorc and that its op , I just don't believe you . Ss or you dont have ine. I have played most of Tue classes to 50 now and the sorc is not op , there are easyer classes to play with more dmg. Better killing.

Most of you have said sorcs are op in groups ,not solo just very strong solo., lmao then the sorc is not op the group is. That comes down to group mix, that's a hole new bag. And the sorcs still not the one jlling you .

Guard + bubble +heals is op as hell.

Guard + heals op .

Join a good group and you will be to , solo and die like you should.

Might this just be the soloers trying to nerf teams .hmm might be.

Sorc is a cc dot class , in no way are they a dps class so QQers can toss that out and try another route. BW I'm noes the truth on this as they can see it in the game logs.

Bet they have bin looking hard at it to.

Take the cc away and your left with a toon that can not dps And no way to live past the first 5 hits

I specifically said marauder, again, do you have short term memory loss?

Actually, you didnt, ill quote it for you:

But the problem here is that sorcerers benefit far more from a bugged resolve than any other class besides maybe snipers.

So sorcerers deserve to be nerfed because of broken game mechanic?

Honestly, the class is perfectly fine. In PvP you win some, you lose some. I'll take the healer/tank comp in WZ PvP any day of the week and twice on sunday over hybrid spec sages. I'd rather throw guard on a Sent in a WZ because of their ability to burst 2-3 people down (with guard up) before they and/or I go down ourselves.

Guards and Jugs dominate Huttball, hands down. Healer/Tank comps dominate CW and VS, hands down. I'm by no means saying sorc/sage suck.....cause they don't. But QQing about them this bad is ridiculously over the top; and I suspect, brought on by an e-death, causing angst.

Edited by Telaan

No I meant that Marauders can't talent it. It's reserve for TANK Juggernauts. No DPS JK or SW can get it.

-----

Another point that I'd like to mention is just how GOOD the Sorcerer CCs are. Not only do they have the MOST CC but they also have the best of each type.

Marauder get a 1.5m CD 6s duration AoE mezz that is our big "killer CC". It's biggest flaw is that you rare get the full duration since it breaks on damage. A Sorcerer talented for Backlash can click off his bubble for a 20 second CD AoE mezz with a 3 second duration.

Your stun is also the best in the game with a 4s duration, 50s(talented) CD, and 30 yrd range.

You have the best knockback in the game as well with the shortest CD and a talented immobilize attached. The duration of the immobilize is also incredibly long.

The only thing you have slightly worse is your slow. It's a much larger range than most slows but it doesn't have 100% uptime. On the other hand your main filler move has a slow attached.

Your whirlwind is by far the best 60s(8 in PvP) CC in the game in PvP and even in PvE. It's even got a 2 second stun attached if talented. It also doesn't have anything like a stealth requirement attached.

The immobilize is broke on damage on wave, just like the one you complained about with your own ability.

You have TONS of slows, we have 1 slow plus a channel.. Your whole class is designed to keep me close so you can use that amazing burst to kill us quickly.

---

Get ready for a new thread. We've well past 1000 posts (1019 atm).

I does not matter, you have one of the highest bursts in the game...

Second, whirlwind best? It is ONLY good for getting away and maybe capping something.. You cant use it in battle because it breaks on anything.