Future Content...

Malckiah

Vote for what you want most for future content...Pick up to 5  

15,252 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for what you want most for future content...Pick up to 5

Well, first off.. nobody has to "ditch" a character... so stop exaggerating.

A person either wants to re-experience a class story, or they don't. Replaying a capped level player through the class story is zero thrill and zero challenge. So all those folks you just rationalized for..... try again. It's nobodies fault but their own that they space_barred or rushed through content.

It makes sense. It's not about the challenge, it's about experiencing the storyline. Imagine if you had friends that were already lvl 50 when you started out. That's what happened to me. They were constantly bugging me to lvl faster so we could do ops together but I wanted to try different characters and record my story (with fraps). So I ended up making a bunch of characters but I tried to lvl faster anyway and got burnt out and ended up quitting.

My friends got bored and quit too. Now I'm back to finish my storylines but we never got to quest together. Now, that's just my case and I don't need a story reset cause I have new alts BUT I bet a lot of players space-barred through or were under pressure to lvl faster when they started out, which is why an option to replay the story would be cool.

And it's been brought up many times in the forums already, it's not like there isn't any demand for it. Implementing a quest "reset" doesn't seem all that complicated so I think it'd be worth it. Plus it would add "extra" content at almost no work for Bioware.

Edited by Blackholeskipper

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And it's been brought up many times in the forums already, it's not like there isn't any demand for it. Implementing a quest "reset" doesn't seem all that complicated so I think it'd be worth it. Plus it would add "extra" content at almost no work for Bioware.

Pretty sure it'd still be a lot of work.

It'd just be "different" work - no need to create new scenes, write plots or record voice acting. But there would probably be a lot of new coding involved, especially if they adjust the enemies to scale to level.

It'd just be "different" work - no need to create new scenes, write plots or record voice acting. But there would probably be a lot of new coding involved, especially if they adjust the enemies to scale to level.

/Agree.

People seem to not understand that code base for a modern MMO is gigantic, developed over years by many different players, and under changing requirements. In other words, it's probably a Gordian Knot of interdependencies where virtually nothing is "a simple change", not even if you spec'ed and designed the change in advance. Which is precisely why when they fix a bug it sometimes triggers a new bug or the resurgence of an old bug.

People seem to not understand that code base for a modern MMO is gigantic, developed over years by many different players, and under changing requirements. In other words, it's probably a Gordian Knot of interdependencies where virtually nothing is "a simple change", not even if you spec'ed and designed the change in advance. Which is precisely why when they fix a bug it sometimes triggers a new bug or the resurgence of an old bug.

Big flippin deal. Does the cluster **** code mean people aren't allowed to ask for things they'd like? I have great confidence that Bioware can figure it out...I don't believe they're nearly as inept as you seem to think they all are.

I too would love to replay my class quest as it was. I have long felt that the Class story gets lost in the numerous side quests. That's why I make it a point to over level my toons as much as I could - so I could actually enjoy the CLASS quest without it being forgotten about.

Dude, no scaling. Just a reset to allow you to repeat the quests. If this game was moddable it would've been done ages ago. I don't need it because I haven't finished the storyline on ANY characters but there is demand and it makes sense. It requires minimal effort and extends the replayablity of the game by a lot.

Big flippin deal. Does the cluster **** code mean people aren't allowed to ask for things they'd like? I have great confidence that Bioware can figure it out...I don't believe they're nearly as inept as you seem to think they all are.

I too would love to replay my class quest as it was. I have long felt that the Class story gets lost in the numerous side quests. That's why I make it a point to over level my toons as much as I could - so I could actually enjoy the CLASS quest without it being forgotten about.

Yea, I mean people make it sound like Bioware can't do ANYTHING because the game's code or engine or whatever is too difficult to modify. Well then maybe they shouldn't be running an MMO because you constantly have to add stuff.

I get that the idea of redoing story missions on hm is something people are taking a liking to.

But the problem is that you're just asking Bioware to add a redo button. and there is only so many time people hit the redo button before they get bored and look for something else.

Some suggestions is to further improve the story and make the player feel more like part of the action or play a bigger role now that they are accomplished people of the Empire and Republic with Unique story classifications.

By that I mean things such as regardless of your class the Jedi/Sith orders and Empire and Republic.

Granted I have not played every class so I don't have the complete picture of what Bioware have done with them.

But will give a few suggestions.

The Imperial Agent: The Empire has always had its ambitious Sith. from those who's egos was greater than their reach and capability to those that actually challenged the Emporer once.

Having proven themselves more than capable of safeguarding Imperial interests and able to handle force users (assuming the agent have put down the Dread Masters)

The Agent is approached by Imperial Guard. Reason being that Darth Malgus's power grab put the Empire in a bad condition. with the Empire is recovering and its Emperor healing somewhere. This could provide ambitious Sith the opportunity that the past Sith put down by the Emporer never had.

So the Agent is sent on Missions, All so that the Imperial Guard could assess whether or not the agent is capable of working with the Imperial Guard and leaving the agent with the option of becoming Imperial Guard.

Bounty Hunter: Mandalorians learn of the manipulation of the puppet Mandalore by Imperial Intelligance.

Not forgetting that Mandalorians value honor above all else there is a serious problem of a Mandalorian uprising.

As the current Mandalore must prove himself worthy of the title and not just an Imperial puppet.

If the player chose to be a Mandalorian or not there is issues that the Hunter needs to deal with.

The hunter must go to the different clans and bring a solution either putting them down or negotiation. As the reality of the Empire facing dishonored mandalorians a problem not as intense as the Mandalorian Wars but a problem nonetheless. The hunter may not care about Imperial affairs but a jobs a job.

Jedi Consular: With the Emperor wounded there is a lot of spirits of the past Sith Lords no longer being held in check.

Taking advantage of the the situation and perhaps using the remnants of the Dread Guard one of them bought enough time to perform rituals.

Feeling this disturbance in the Force the Consular moves to investigate. The Story Arch could lead to the return of Exar Kun through a vessel that can contain him.

Storywise the difference between Exar Kun and Vodarl Kresh is that Jedi did not kill him. But separated and Imprisoned his Spirit.

It means that many people on forums think that making changes is something really simple like flipping a switch, when it actually is not.

It takes days upon days of programming and checking for even the most stupid user action imaginable (and then of course, around comes even stupider user and breaks it)

I get that the idea of redoing story missions on hm is something people are taking a liking to.

But the problem is that you're just asking Bioware to add a redo button. and there is only so many time people hit the redo button before they get bored and look for something else.

Some suggestions is to further improve the story and make the player feel more like part of the action or play a bigger role now that they are accomplished people of the Empire and Republic with Unique story classifications.

By that I mean things such as regardless of your class the Jedi/Sith orders and Empire and Republic.

Granted I have not played every class so I don't have the complete picture of what Bioware have done with them.

But will give a few suggestions.

The Imperial Agent: The Empire has always had its ambitious Sith. from those who's egos was greater than their reach and capability to those that actually challenged the Emporer once.

Having proven themselves more than capable of safeguarding Imperial interests and able to handle force users (assuming the agent have put down the Dread Masters)

The Agent is approached by Imperial Guard. Reason being that Darth Malgus's power grab put the Empire in a bad condition. with the Empire is recovering and its Emperor healing somewhere. This could provide ambitious Sith the opportunity that the past Sith put down by the Emporer never had.

So the Agent is sent on Missions, All so that the Imperial Guard could assess whether or not the agent is capable of working with the Imperial Guard and leaving the agent with the option of becoming Imperial Guard.

Bounty Hunter: Mandalorians learn of the manipulation of the puppet Mandalore by Imperial Intelligance.

Not forgetting that Mandalorians value honor above all else there is a serious problem of a Mandalorian uprising.

As the current Mandalore must prove himself worthy of the title and not just an Imperial puppet.

If the player chose to be a Mandalorian or not there is issues that the Hunter needs to deal with.

The hunter must go to the different clans and bring a solution either putting them down or negotiation. As the reality of the Empire facing dishonored mandalorians a problem not as intense as the Mandalorian Wars but a problem nonetheless. The hunter may not care about Imperial affairs but a jobs a job.

Jedi Consular: With the Emperor wounded there is a lot of spirits of the past Sith Lords no longer being held in check.

Taking advantage of the the situation and perhaps using the remnants of the Dread Guard one of them bought enough time to perform rituals.

Feeling this disturbance in the Force the Consular moves to investigate. The Story Arch could lead to the return of Exar Kun through a vessel that can contain him.

Storywise the difference between Exar Kun and Vodarl Kresh is that Jedi did not kill him. But separated and Imprisoned his Spirit.

Very cool. I think you are a step away from writing some fan fic yourself.

It means that many people on forums think that making changes is something really simple like flipping a switch, when it actually is not.

It takes days upon days of programming and checking for even the most stupid user action imaginable (and then of course, around comes even stupider user and breaks it)

I doubt anyone here thinks anything is as simple as "flipping a switch", but I think people are smart enough to look at this game as a whole and see that they are able to create brand new worlds, like Makeb and Oricon, and add them to the game and they're also able to insert an entirely NEW gameplay type with GSF...given their ability to add massive things like those, I fail to see how allowing people to reset their class quest seems suddenly out of reach for this group of Devs?

I doubt anyone here thinks anything is as simple as "flipping a switch", but I think people are smart enough to look at this game as a whole and see that they are able to create brand new worlds, like Makeb and Oricon, and add them to the game and they're also able to insert an entirely NEW gameplay type with GSF...given their ability to add massive things like those, I fail to see how allowing people to reset their class quest seems suddenly out of reach for this group of Devs?

I meant it in the way that people imagine it is easy and quick, when neither of those are true.

Makeb, Oricon or GSF were not easy, and took really long time, they were not cooked overnight by bunch of interns (as many here think how the game is developed now).

Resetting the class quests is certainly not out of reach, it is simply a question of it feasibility in spending resources on it. And if they do decide to spend resources on it, it will have to be decided how to approach it. Allow players to make different choices or not (my guess would be not, if they ever decide to continue them), make it available anytime or only on max level, etc. As I said, not easy or quick as flipping the light switch

Really hope they listen, Class Story has a huge lead in the poll.

BW: It don't have to be expensive, reuse voice overs, use droid and alien speak and small continuations at a time are fine (1-2 missions).

Hmm, I imagine the biggest problems would be companions (like what you do with Khem/Zash) and titles. Other than that, your choices don't really have an effect beyond the class storylines. They don't seem to influence dialogue on Makeb for example.

Other than, it seems doable. I'd say allow a story reset once you're done with your class story since they're not adding more anyway. So 50+. There's no scaling involved so the lvls don't matter too much beyond actually completing the quests.

Yea, but that's kinda the point. Adding new content takes time and resources, which is why adding a reset would be a way of artificially adding content without actually adding content. So minimal work but with greatly extended game time hence less moaning about story content. Win-win, no?

Course, if they eventually decide to add more class story content, it would make the choices matter more so perhaps have a reset before you begin the new class story content but not after you've started them? But that's a problem only if they decide to add more class story content. It'd be easier to sprinkle in unique class story elements (like class-specific characters appearing) to the overall planetary quest than to make full-blown class stories.

Reason why it is important to keep things moving is that player has gone on a journey from Sergeant to Major, Padowan to Master, Acolyte to Darth and so on. But should have new tasks and challenges once they reach such titles, positions, skill and capability.

With introducing new races perhaps consider new races to the galaxy as a whole and not just playable races.

The Republic Trooper: There have been conflicting reports of an unknown species. But having had several outposts go dark SIS contacted Havoc squad directly as they don't go through the same red tape, politics and difficult senators that other soldiers do.

Upon meeting the SIS agents the Trooper believes their initial tasks is to find out what happened to those outposts and if the Empire or someone else is behind it.

The Trooper travels to the edges of Republic Territory to investigate the last outpost to have fallen off the grid.

These outposts have been destroyed. Having seen plenty of dead soldiers the Trooper is more concerned about the wounds of the victims. Its unlike anything they have seen before.

Having found a good lead the Trooper later discovers that these outposts fell to a Vanguard force of the Yuuzhan Vong ( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Yuuzhan_Vong bit of info for those that don't know about them.)

The SIS agent that contacted Havoc Squad came themselves to find out what happened

Probing this part of the galaxy and testing their forces this Vanguard of the Yuuzhan Vong are more of an advanced force sent ahead of the larger or main force.

Discovered by the Yuuzhan Vong Havoc Squad had to get the SIS agent out of there and facing a battle they cant win had to fall back to allied territory.

Knowing they have been discovered the leader of this advanced force of Yuuzhan Vong proceeds their campaign into republic territory.

But his/her main goal is to establish a foothold for the main force.

Nearly isolated from allies Havoc Squad can not allow the worlds at the edges of Republic territory to fall. And leaves the SIS agent the task of warning the Republic of this new threat.

The problem the SIS agent has is convincing Supremer Chancellor Saresh .

Believing the Empire to be wounded she is preparing Republic forces for further conflict with the Empire without compromising the defences of its worlds.

Needless to say the reinforcements Havoc Squad is hoping for is tied up.

This means the Trooper is pretty much on their own and have to deal with this new force.

Doing what they can to safeguard or evacuate the citizens of these worlds suffering a Yuuzhan Vong onslaught.

Supreme Chancellor Saresh asks the Jedi if this is a threat worth diverting forces to. Jedi being unable to sense them cant see the danger they possess.

In this situation the Trooper have become a victim of their own legend. Saresh knows what Havoc Squad can do and believes they can handle the situation.

So the SIS Agent uses their own contacts and resources to get the Trooper whatever help they can having seen first hand what the Yuuzhan Vong are capable of.

The reality of the situation is that even with Havoc Squad these worlds can not hold out indefinitely against the Yuuzhan Vong. and they are establishing a foothold within Republic territory.

Luckily for the Trooper the call for help did not go unheard by Supreme Commander Jace Malcolm who sent Havoc the reinforcements and supplies they so desperately needed.

Havoc Squad Commanding the reinforcements manage to defeat the Vanguard force.

But the damage is done. a few worlds have been lost.

The Republic must prepare for the impending invasion of the main force.

I think the above idea is good because the Empire is not the only enemy to threaten the Republic. With or without the Jedi the Trooper has always protected the Republic

Sith Warrior: With the Emperor wounded the Warrior kept watch over the state of the Empire while looking for a way to turn things around for the Empire.

The Hand contacted the Wrath with information on something long lost to the Empire.

Secrets that remained on a planet that the Early Empire was not ready for. But that the Wrath could discover again.

This would lead to events that will leave the Wrath either joining or standing on a pile of corpses.

The Empire faces a much larger problem.

With the current state of the Empire the Jedi and Republic see the Empire as a wounded beast.

Be it putting it out of its misery or ending its threat once and for all.

This has led to even the more peace loving Jedi joining the war effort to put down the Sith Empire once and for all.

Powerful Jedi that have slain or captured many Sith.

The Empire is not in a position to face this threat.

As they are not that many able and reliable Sith left to face this threat.

For putting down Malgus proved more costly than the leaders of the Empire hoped for.

Though not naive these Jedi underestimated the Emperors wrath. For they believed that the remaining members of the Dark Council to be the only other threat besides the Sith Emporor.

The Wrath following the lead given by the Hand begins to search for what the lost secrets of the early Empire.

However had to help the Imperial war effort because (battle meditation aside) these Jedi have turned the war in favor of the Republic.

So the Wrath must put down these Jedi and put a stop to republic operations.

If only to buy enough time for Imperial forces to regroup and its leaders like Grand Moff Regus to figure out how to turn the war in the Empires favor.

The Wrath continues the task given by the Hand once this threat has been dealt with.

Problem is that A Jedi fearing the degredation of historical records of the order.

Maintained themself as a force ghost and through a living Jedi managed to warn the council of this threat and let them know that they preserved themself in this way to deny the Emporer his victory as he would simply outlive them. To return the Empire to this place once it is ready.

Regardless of current events this is something that the Council could not ignore.

Upon learning that the Wrath is the only one pursuing this the Council called back some Jedi and sent them to capture or kill the Emperors Wrath.

Darth Marr and Grand Moff Regus noticed that some Jedi have been recalled from the war effort but not why.

Needless to say this was a mistake they did not allow to go unpunished.

Eventually the Wrath found the planet where these secrets are meant to be on.

However it is left to the Wrath to discover them. As the only ones who knew of them is the Emperor Himself and the Force ghost that warned the council of this threat.

The Wrath was shocked more than anyone to discover this planet.

Mainly because for the first time the Wrath of the Emperor was prey.

The natives and wildlife of the planet was ridiculously strong and survival was far from guranteed.

In time the Wrath learned of the Jedi that the council sent.

Many powerful Masters and Knights that have often be called "Sith Killers" and Jedi that the Wrath could not take a lone.

The Wrath continues the search for these secrets on this new worlds.

Taking advantage of The Jedi who are trying to establish an outpost on this world. Even if it is just to "cleanse the dark presence on this world"

These Jedi begin their hunt of the Emperors Wrath. So as to remove Jedi Interference the Wrath outwits and defeat these Jedi. Wittling down their strength bit by bit.

As they regroup to recount their losses and defend their outpost from the natives and wildlife of this World.

The Wrath discovered the secret lost to the Early Empire.

And that was a Sith Temple, Made by the Early Sith during the times where the foundations of Sith was being laid.

The treasure trove was not trinkets and items of power.

But Martial prowess, skills and force techniques forged by the Sith that managed to not only survive but thrive on this world.

Even though these Sith are long dead, the descendants of their followers remained and preserved this knowledge.

However these teachings cant be taught through conventional means, but endured and learned by surviving it and experience.

Having survived these trials the Emperors Wrath then moved to eliminate the remaining Jedi that landed on this World.

Some of the Dark Council learned of the Wrath and eventually learned what the Wrath discovered.

Refusing to allow this to fall into the hands of arrogant Sith that would Squander what was learned here using it as a monument to their egos and a tool against their enemies in the Empire.

The Wrath proceeds to get the Dark Council in line.

Before the Empire can bring order to the Galaxy order MUST be established within the Empire.

Darth Marr not wanting to whittle down the Empires strength through more infighting. Sides with the Wrath.

Making them an opponent not worth taking on and preserving the remaining strength of the Empire.

This gave the Emperors Wrath an opportunity to lead other Sith, Acolytes and force-sensitives to this temple and forge another generation of Sith that would survive these teachings.

Reclaiming that once lost to the Empire and preparing the Empire for the return of its Emporer.

Showing the Jedi that Sith are not the force they once crushed at the Hyperspace wars and allowed Korriban to burn.

Looks like Class Stories are the most popular... no surprises there.

if they feel class story's will take to much time they should at least add some missions unique to each class in the next planet they add, Makeb is boring and not fun at all once u have played through it once.

Besides future content (I want more planets & POD racing warzones!!) I wished they spend just as much time and effort to solve all the old basic bugs the game still has. e.g. several monsters just disappeared and make you unable to solve certain planetary achievements -> instead of just add / create that one champion / elite monster which is much eassier then removing certain targets that comprimize parts of multiple achievements ...

Greetings,

Let's be honest here, current content is massive, so the most interesting new content would be a dozen new min-games, that would make sense to casinos on Nar Shaddaa, at this moment you can only make a mini-game yourself by using Dejarik emote and in game roll/dice system...

- And of course pod racing, who don't want to see a pod racing...

Edited by sandisrd

if they feel class story's will take to much time they should at least add some missions unique to each class in the next planet they add, Makeb is boring and not fun at all once u have played through it once.

I'd like that. Sure, it wouldn't be as fun or as great as Class Story content but at least it'd add more re-playability and show that the NPCs recognize who your character is (and what (s)he has accomplished).

• 1 month later...
I think the space area could be extraordinary. Fighter Battles are great. having your own ship is great. But like what was said before, it could be a game inside the game itself. all new characters could be created. just for space, ship captains that start somewhere small, like a communications guy/gal on the ship for the tutorial, all hell breaks loose, and that toon becomes the captain and now you, the player, get to command a small frigate to start off with, all while slowly moving your way up to larger ships. that would be awesome. It could have its own story line in its own. Could even have your other characters be added to the story where your helping them do there missions in some small way, or big. In this you can add a new story line, expand space, add new companions for the other classes, add a new class, etc. Im sure someone has something to say to me on that note. I know that theres got to be something wrong somewhere with doing this. (other than most likely months of developing) plz comment so that I can perfect this fantasy I have with this amazing game. :D:sul_smile: