Force resource woes

rosaphile

I'm a level 39 Balance Sage, currently working on the Hoth missions. The last few levels I've been finding myself running short of force power a lot and having to stop after every couple battles to recharge. Is this normal or am I doin it wrong?

My AoE rotation is generally Project, sometimes Force Wave to push them closer together if necessary, then Force in Balance and Forcequake. I use Project, Telekinetic Throw, and Disturbance (when Presence of Mind procs) to finish them off.

For single target, or a Strong or better opponent with just one pal, I lead with Mind Crush, then Weaken Mind, hit Force Armor, then start in with Force in Balance, Project, Tel Throw, and Disturbance with PoM, throwing in a Force Stun and/or Force Wave if necessary. These battles are the ones that tend to suck the Force right out of me.

I've been prioritizing Willpower and Power mostly, should I focus more on some other stat? Should I use Noble Sacrifice more often? Unless I do something stupid, I'm usually not hurting for health since I run with Tharan, but being so squishy I'm usually nervous about letting my health get too low, and it doesn't seem to yield much Force for the health it costs.

I've always been more of a smashmouth player (melee, wielding large hunks of heavy metal) in MMOs, so maybe I'm missing something basic, and I'm not great at crunching the numbers. Any helpful advice greatly appreciated!

Edited by rosaphile

Use Force in Balance to aoe and apply stacks at start then weaken mind everything and single target kill with telekinetic throw with maybe a project thrown in. Use mind crush on big enemies to start and only use presence of mind on mind crush. Just keep your dots up and dont use high force cost abilities. Telekinetic throw should be force positive as it returns 1% of your total force per tick. If combined with the cost reduction in the telekinetics tree you will gain force when you cast it.

It's normal, especially in PvP where you have to keep your burst up. The biggest thief is probably project, I'm deliberatly avoiding that in PvP unless it's a dps race/1 vs 1. Another important thing is to never cut tele throw.

Spec hybrid at 50 so you can take Telekinetic Effusion, you'll never run out of force with 2 points in that.