Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Chapter X] How to Defeat the Overwatch Hunters

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
[Chapter X] How to Defeat the Overwatch Hunters

Myrdovar
02.14.2016 , 04:18 PM | #1
In Chapter X, you travel to "Power Junction K-H82 in Breaktown" with your companion. There you meet to boss Overwatch Hunters. They both have a punch and repeatedly jump out of reach, so I can't hit them with my SithWarrior.
I died twice already, stims and Companion als healer or Companion as tank, all the same.
Is there a trick somehow to win this fight?

I had no problems so far. My gear is all purple Rated 218.
I think I'm missing something and would be glad if someone could point at it.

Nameychu
02.15.2016 , 03:43 PM | #2
Got hammered the first time as well. Seems the trick is getting out of their big AOEs soon as they come up; focusing on one (if he jumps away, go back to him when he reappears). The Commander later on also has the AOE.

t-darko
02.16.2016 , 07:18 AM | #3
I'm bewildered, my health never dropped below 80% while doing chapter X . . .

Myrdovar
02.17.2016 , 07:33 AM | #4
Well, I figured it out.
I got too disctracted to notice 3 Sky Troopers, who appeared during the fight, were bothering Kalyio. She was busy and could not heal me.
She also stayed far away instead of following me and I got out of reach.
Next time, I positioned myself and her out of the long corridor. Then, ignoring the Overwatch guys for a few strikes and killing the troopers first did the trick.
All the next fights were easy..

Woimy
02.15.2017 , 09:46 PM | #5
Ok, I give up. Moderately geared Jugg at level 70 on Story difficulty, these guys pretty much one shot me without fail. I haven't gotten them below roughly 99% much less killed them. On previous toons, I don't even remember the fight it was so non-descript. What gives, they discover steroids or something?

Mopizzle
02.23.2017 , 02:34 AM | #6
Was gliding through veteran with a guardian then ran up against these guys and they destroyed me. So I swapped to story and they were no different. I suspect they are master difficulty because they are hitting for 28k grav rounds and 10k charged rounds on story mode.

CrownofGold
02.23.2017 , 01:02 PM | #7
Glitch?
Mia Goespewpewpewpew Pewpewpewpewpew, Grand Champion of the Great Hunt
<Twi'lek Lives Matter>
The Harbinger

Athelgard
03.05.2017 , 11:48 AM | #8
Having the same problem. Getting hit for 30k grav rounds and 18k full autos. Was on veteran difficulty and changed to story, resetting phases and they're just as tough.

dupadupatocy
03.18.2017 , 05:12 AM | #9
I took arround 20 attempts to try to get them down, but I can't - even on story mode. Every hit from them is about 14k - 16k while grav round ~40k. Fight lasts no more than 10 seconds till they get my companion down and then me. I tried different companion roles, approaches, including interruptions and nothing gets me closer. I have gear 236, decent 7.5 dps and no chance to beat them.

Is there any tactics here to follow, or does they messed up these two mobs in the latest version?
I'm stuck on this chapter and can't move through.

Can anyone help or does anyone know what's the tactics here?

MurkyDregs
03.22.2017 , 11:59 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by dupadupatocy View Post
I took arround 20 attempts to try to get them down, but I can't - even on story mode. Every hit from them is about 14k - 16k while grav round ~40k. Fight lasts no more than 10 seconds till they get my companion down and then me. I tried different companion roles, approaches, including interruptions and nothing gets me closer. I have gear 236, decent 7.5 dps and no chance to beat them.

Is there any tactics here to follow, or does they messed up these two mobs in the latest version?
I'm stuck on this chapter and can't move through.

Can anyone help or does anyone know what's the tactics here?
I keep getting mauled as well. Level 70 Shadow/Infiltrator. I've got him down to 60%, the second wave of Skytroopers nails Kaliyo, and then it's over.