Why does pub side seem to suck?

WiskyJosh

As the title implies, I'm pretty sure some may share my thoughts as to why in what seems to be every WZ we get slain because a a jug or sorcerer seem to be invincible and asserts their authority on you. Was the imp side upgraded to the point they can steam roll pub or what? As a commando healer I don't notice too much but for my dad (guardian) and my brother (vanguard) they seem to have a prison flashback every time they get into it with an imp guy. And if I'm not mistaken, isn't the guardian supposed to be the iconic Jedi therefore should be some what above par from the rest?

These threads are always awesome.

More interestingly, new episodes of Arrested Development hit Netflix on the 25th.

I'm not asking for a smart *** reply

But as stated I being a healer I don't notice too much but it's more so for the benefit of my brother and dad.

I haven't done PvP in SWTOR in forever and a half, but I have noticed that the "bad guy" side in games tends to be better at PvP, and inexplicably and proportionally worse at PvE. How that happens when it's so easy is beyond me, but I've seen if time and again.

Of course, this isn't a set-in-stone rule, just a commonality.

guardian is juggs exact mirror. same goes for sage and sorcerer. so if you are having trouble is due to one or more of the following factors.

pre made

the other side is communicating better even without being premade

your opponent is being healed.

they have better gear,

they are better player.

But as stated I being a healer I don't notice too much but it's more so for the benefit of my brother and dad.

Yes you did, you posted on the forums.

PvP draws a lot of sore-loser types who will naturally gravitate towards whatever is the stronger side, thus making the stronger side stronger. A different server may have a completely different balance.

I haven't done PvP in SWTOR in forever and a half, but I have noticed that the "bad guy" side in games tends to be better at PvP, and inexplicably and proportionally worse at PvE. How that happens when it's so easy is beyond me, but I've seen if time and again.

Of course, this isn't a set-in-stone rule, just a commonality.

I'm just implying that perhaps the imps have more damage output, or as stated I could be completely wrong

No the imps dont have more damage output. They have better players most of the time since the "evil" faction in MMOs tends to attract a lot of the good pvpers for whatever reason.

As for jedi being OP for being iconic? Uh, no, its a class-based game, it has to be somewhat fair.

Yes you did, you posted on the forums.

PvP draws a lot of sore-loser types who will naturally gravitate towards whatever is the stronger side, thus making the stronger side stronger. A different server may have a completely different balance.

I'm sorry as if I'm coming across as ignorant but creative criticism is much appreciated. Once more I am a healer, thus, I have no issue in damage output as much as others, most games I do put out 360k plus healing so I do my job I would say rather well. But I was just curious to see if others had the same issues as my dad and brother or is it just them

I'm sorry as if I'm coming across as ignorant but creative criticism is much appreciated. Once more I am a healer, thus, I have no issue in damage output as much as others, most games I do put out 360k plus healing so I do my job I would say rather well. But I was just curious to see if others had the same issues as my dad and brother or is it just them

I think the operative word, in this case, would be seem. The classes, after all, are mirrored, so any difference in actual ability is merely subjective.

I play both sides. I've seen people say "hai gaiz, why do impz sux so much??"

I understand what your saying and let me reiterate, being an iconic character model one would assume that they may be able to hold their own against most other classes. Btw this is my first mmo I've gotten into

No need to be sorry.

Personally, I don't PvP. I used to spread my time on two servers. On one I would hear lots of "Imps suck in PvP" and the other was "Pubs suck in PvP" comments in general chat. I can't say if either statement was accurate or not, but yeah... probably different on different servers, or even different play times.

As the title implies, I'm pretty sure some may share my thoughts as to why in what seems to be every WZ we get slain because a a jug or sorcerer seem to be invincible and asserts their authority on you. Was the imp side upgraded to the point they can steam roll pub or what? As a commando healer I don't notice too much but for my dad (guardian) and my brother (vanguard) they seem to have a prison flashback every time they get into it with an imp guy. And if I'm not mistaken, isn't the guardian supposed to be the iconic Jedi therefore should be some what above par from the rest?

In response to your post I will explain. The Republic tend to have more "solo" but good at PvP Qers in WZ. So during the morning/day they win more; however at night the adult players/guild teams are home from work and tend to Q for in WZ at this time in Teams. So being Republic you face more premade teams who are all in vent/mumble and are well coordinated. That is what I have noticed. I play on two pvp servers and it is the same on both. I can not speak for PvE servers. At night solo Qing on The Bastion I win 65%-70% (Same on POT5 Server maybe slightly higher there). With my Guild we win about 90%+ (Same on POT5 Server).

I hope this helps you. :rak_03:

Edited by Zergnaut

I understand what your saying and let me reiterate, being an iconic character model one would assume that they may be able to hold their own against most other classes. Btw this is my first mmo I've gotten into

Doesnt matter if a class/AC is 'iconic' or not, all classes need to be balanced between factions. Just because the hero in the movies is a Jedi, that doesnt mean the Jedi in the games should do 10% more damage over their imperial mirrors, the Sith Warrior. As mentioned above, the difference will be in the player quality. And even though it is not always the case, the theme or feel of the factions storyline does tend to attract certain types of players. If i had to chose between JK and Sith, i would pick Sith. The storyline is a bit better for SW, and the ability animations are even slightly better. JK get force stasis Sith get force choke...JK gets what is it called? force wave and Sith get force growl. Have you ever heard force growl? you sound like a fricking animal. It's little stuff like that...why would i want to sit through 50-55 levels of boring JK dialogue and boring JK fighting animations when i could be doing it on a Sith which I personally find better?

In response to your post I will explain. The Republic tend to have more "solo" but good at PvP Qers in WZ. So during the morning/day they win more; however at night the adult players/guild teams are home from work and tend to Q for in WZ at this time in Teams. So being Republic you face more premade teams who are all in vent/mumble and are well coordinated. That is what I have noticed. I play on two pvp servers and it is the same on both. I can not speak for PvE servers. I hope this helps you.

It does, I typically play mornings and some evenings when I can but it makes logical sense as to why some WZ's I feel violated by a team of corpulent indecent twi'lek assassins. Thanks for the help guys to those of you that responded with useful info

It does, I typically play mornings and some evenings when I can but it makes logical sense as to why some WZ's I feel violated by a team of corpulent indecent twi'lek assassins. Thanks for the help guys to those of you that responded with useful info

Yes. If you play at night that is why sir WiskyJosh. I mean facing a team like ours who are all in Vent when you are solo Qing you can not beat our coordination/reaction times getting to post and whatnot. IMPs do a lot of Premades at night. The BETTER adult players on IMP side tend to PvP at night and do PvE in the mornings. Republic seems to be the reverse of this.

Edited by Zergnaut

Heh at all the armchair observations. Play the other side before making judgements and realize its the same. Seriously, do an experiment. One at diversed times on both sides, the other the same and consider the premades. I can gurantee you the results will be the same unless you're on one of those one sided server.

The classes, and their skills, are mirrored. The only real difference is in names and animations in almost all cases. So a Jugg and a Guardian are as equal as its possible to be as far as the character classes go.

Once more I am a healer, thus, I have no issue in damage output as much as others, most games I do put out 360k plus healing so I do my job I would say rather well.

If the pub side on your server think that 360k heal output is doing 'rather well' in a warzone, I'm sorry but you are sorely mistaken.

Hell, I have friends hitting over 1mil heals in pre-55 pvp on sages/sorcs that aren't even level 50 yet and so are still missing some vital skills in their trees. :rolleyes:

More to the point of the topic. No, the Republic side does not suck at PvP. At least, not on Dalborra (Oceanic Server). Republic are the better side for PvP on our server. Imperial has the best PvE guild (which also has some of the best PvPers, but they play Pub and Imp like myself).

Edited by BennyKrak