Should I take Malice?

Brutal_Skillz

This is my current build.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100rIbRroMfsZhRZM.2

I know Brutality is an appealing skill, but I don't see how malice helps us. Malice seems like a waste of 3 points, It helps with "FORCE" criticals, other than force choke which I rarely use, what's the point? Is there another skill I'm overlooking that uses force to do damage?

I just think taking Defensive Forms and Narrow Hatred seem like better options, with the added accuracy it allows me to use more Power/Surge/Crit on my gear. This is just my line of thinking, I'm an older gamer so I'm not super quick with the rotations and Min/Maxing, the added defense helps me survive.

I'm only lvl 48, and all I play is PVE. But I should hit 50 by Saturday.

Any and all advice would be helpful.

You are quite right!

Force Scream & Smash are also "Force" based abilities but should only be used as fillers in an Annihilation rotation.

Annihilate and Ravage are Melee attacks and your bleeds will be critting alot anyways due to current crit rating + speccing into 'Juyo Mastery' & Berserk will make them Auto Crit!

That being said its always going to boil down to what you prefer, and what makes you feel comfortable when playing.

You have the right idea. and there are no such thing as "older" or "younger" gamers only good and bad ones :D

• 2 weeks later...
This, a thousand times this!

31/3/7 is the best Annihilation build for PVE.

Get rid of Narrowed Hatred, and Defensive Forms.

Pick up Malice and Brutality.

Remove Force Scream from your hotbar.

Destroy enemies.

^ What he said

Bleeds are force attacks. They account for ~40% of your total damage. Berserk is (I think) around 30% uptime at most as Annihilation. He's also correct about scream. There's no reason to use it after you get Annihilate at level 40.

This, a thousand times this!

31/3/7 is the best Annihilation build for PVE.

Get rid of Narrowed Hatred, and Defensive Forms.

Pick up Malice and Brutality.

Remove Force Scream from your hotbar.

Destroy enemies.

All of this, except keep Force Scream on your hotbar, purely because there are rare occasions that some trash 5-10m away needs to die and you have spare Rage.

But yeah, other than that, all of the above.

And also, make sure you try all 3 specs at 50. They all have their place, and being competent with all 3 is a huge advantage for a Marauder.

Edited by Omophorus