Just got back from episode 1

Sarfux

I just got back from watching it all dressed up in my Jedi outfit watching it on 3d 4k etx huge screen for amc. Let me tell you, it was awesome!

It's just amazing that here, we have this little 10 year old boy Anakin Skywalker...and you just keep thinking to yourself. Damn...he is going to do all that stuff later on?! It really makes you think of how creepy it really is. Goes from an innocent young little free spritied kid to this dark warrior. If he could only see himself in the future. I was thinking about that all while watching the movie.

"omg..this kid is going to break everyone around him, and kill mainly every Jedi." I think George Lucas did an amazing thing here by re releasing the movies now in 3d and starting the series from Episode 1 in the movies because by that, everyone has seen all the movies now, knows the story, and now you can think or flashback to all the times you have seen these things and you KNOW it has happened. It completely changed the way I saw Star Wars. I saw different things that I never did before, I actually thought about allllll the things that happened in the movies while watching this movie. That's what you do in Star Wars, that's what makes it so amazing!

I just wanted to say it really brought me back a lot :') I have...a renewed feeling of Star Wars again in my life. I know I have always loved Star Wars to death, but now even MORE. It's just ..so amazing to me the power of Star Wars has over you. Now since we all know what happens in the end, we can look for the other not so subtle hints or secret ones.

I don't know how much more science fiction you can get guys. Yes it has things of fantasy to, but what science fiction universe doesn't. While I was watching Episode 1 with droids, ecm balls (boomba) shields, laser pulse weapons, starships, hyperspace travel, with a bunch of other things that are science fiction, I was thinking...wow..Star Wars really has a bit of everything for everyone. Sci Fi, Fantasy, Beyond Belief stuff, it's really amazing that George Lucas has thought of all this stuff.

You know why people like Star Wars so much? It's because of that reason. It has a little bit of everything..for every type of person. That is why it is popular :) I just ...can't WAIT until the other movies come out. Thankyou George Lucas for Star Wars, and thankyou for making the movies come out again. Theaters were PACKED!!!

I LOVE STAR WARS EVEN MORE NOW!! THANKYOU FOR HAVING IT ON THE BIG SCREEN AGAIN!!

Just got back myself, me and the local 501st boys (and the gal) went to the 11:30 showing, packed theater even at that time of night. No matter how many times you watch 'em at home, nothings like seeing them on the big screen again.

Gonna take the kids tomorrow, they'll freak out seeing in a theater. Unfortunatly i'll have to listen to them mimicing Jar Jar for about a week afterwards and i can see even more lightsaber battles breaking out around the house wich usually only happens after thier friday night dose of the clone wars.

saw it in 3d months a go..:D

Got a 3d tv that will upscale 2d to 3d.. What sucks though is as soon as it comes out on Bluray 3d I will buy it. Which means I will have 3 copies of Episode 1 in the house then..

damn you lucas...hahahahahahaha

Ent

I saw it at the midnight show myself. I can thank TOR for that. My wife decided to try this game with me, and it got her to want to watch the movies again. It was pretty great timing that she decided this just as episode 1 was coming to theaters :) . Edited by Vecke

Saw it yesterday together with the local 501st also. Not a fan of original Episode I, and when I saw it this time I just realized what a mediocre film it really is. When I saw it the first time I was "Star Wars starved", which made it "taste" better. I'm sorry, I'm just being honest here. 3D doesn't make it a better movie.

It's just amazing that here, we have this little 10 year old boy Anakin Skywalker...and you just keep thinking to yourself. Damn...he is going to do all that stuff later on?! It really makes you think of how creepy it really is. Goes from an innocent young little free spritied kid to this dark warrior. If he could only see himself in the future. I was thinking about that all while watching the movie.

"omg..this kid is going to break everyone around him, and kill mainly every Jedi."

Even Hitler was an innocent baby. Everything and everyone has a story behind it.

Still 3D was not enough to make me "like" the first episode.

I saw it at the midnight show myself. I can thank TOR for that. My wife decided to try this game with me, and it got her to want to watch the movies again. It was pretty great timing that she decided this just as episode 1 was coming to theaters :) .

You are a lucky guy, you know that? :)

If only I could make my wife play SWTOR with me :(

Edited by MilesTeg_cy

I would dress up but im pretty hardcore against crossing timelines with Cosplay, when i went there were guys in Sandtrooper and Scout gear as well as a vader. Im sorry but just because you can doesnt mean you should, atleast until the appropriate movies come out. but you can bet your as when EP IV,V,VI come out im gonna be rocking my TIE costume at every chance i get to see them, 501ST united, Garrison Carrida PA dist!!!

I myself have no intention to go watch the first two episodes, but the rest I would. So I hope these 3D versions are a success so they will convert the original movies to 3D too.

I bet EVERYONE who likes Star Wars is going to watch the originals in theaters again.

Just think of it, you could get to see the first Star Wars movies in big screen, how awesome is that?

I know it's going to be some time before they will be in theaters if they even make them 3D but still.

Im sorry but just because you can doesnt mean you should, atleast until the appropriate movies come out.

Isn't having fun the main thing?

Edited by Zeratho

I myself have no intention to go watch the first two episodes, but the rest I would. So I hope these 3D versions are a success so they will convert the original movies to 3D too.

I bet EVERYONE who likes Star Wars is going to watch the originals in theaters again.

Just think of it, you could get to see the first Star Wars movies in big screen, how awesome is that?

I know it's going to be some time before they will be in theaters if they even make them 3D but still.

Isn't having fun the main thing?

Its not an "IF" they are remaking all 6 in 3D over the next few years. starting obviously with EP1 and ending on EPVI. I love all star wars movies even the Xmas special and Bounty hunter shows, but if there is one thing i am looking forward to the most its seeing Empire in 3d on IMAX I mean ZOMG thinking about it is like nerd overload. Hoth, yoda, dagobah, luke. vader, death star, ZOMG!!!!

Does your timeline of events match up with t his movie reviewers?

http://news.moviefone.com/mike-ryan/midnight-showing-the-phantom-menace_b_1268745.html

I'd bet "No." as most reviewers were smart enough not to bother if Rotten Tomatoes is any indication. The few who did only added more negative reviews to bring the overall score down some more.

I just got back too. Couldn't hear one line of dialog with all the kids blabbering during the movie. $12 I'll never get back.

Also, NEVER go see a 3D movie that wasn't originally made for 3D. Why? Because it never quite works out right. All the lightsaber battles were blurry and you could only see what was going on in any kind of detail when the camera was still. Any movement makes everything blurry, but you know, it's blurriness coming right at ya!

Edited by Toxen