will CE ever get exclusive things .?

lazze

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? Really? Don't you already have the Vendor, VIP Club, physical items that came with the box, and your new F2P items? Quit being greedy. You bought the game, and you got what you paid for. Just because you have a gold key in your signature and have CE doesn't mean they have to continually reward you for a purchase that happened over a year ago. It's like buying a special edition or collectors edition movie from a famous director, and assuming that because you bought the CE, you get all his future movies free of charge. That's the stupidest and most selfish sense of greed and entitlement I've seen in a community. STO lifers are happy with what they get and they paid double what you did.

Actually, it's not an assumption. It's not that we expect something more than what they promised us. It was stated multiple times that they had plans to continue adding additional items to the CE vendor. It wasn't supposed to be a one-time deal with a few items at launch.

See here, a direct article by Bioware:

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20111021

"Collector’s Edition Store. At launch the Collector’s Edition Store will be available to those who have the Collector’s Edition of The Old Republic, and will feature items found nowhere else in the game! The Collector’s Edition will be stocked with exclusive social items for yourself, and unique appearances for your companion. The store will also have regular updates to give players incentive to keep coming back."

Almost one full year later, and not a single update to the CE vendor. I don't think this qualifies as "regular updates."

Even this fairly recent interview shows they do still have plans to update the vendor; it's just on the back burner.

http://dulfy.net/2012/11/16/swtor-f2p-future-content-interview-with-damion-schubert/

"8. For those who have access to the VIP/Collectors Edition vendors, will we see any new items added to them in the future or is the focus primarily in the cartel market?

Most of our development effort will focus on keeping the cartel market fresh and full of awesome stuff to purchase. That being said, I definitely have it on my to-do list to revisit these secondary vendors in the future."

So, rather than getting upset with the OP, realize that CE buyers were told one thing, and then BioWare delivered another (as in, nothing for updates to CE vendor).

I think it's a rather legit concern that someone payed a premium in real dollars to get something that was listed multiple times only to get nothing in that area. Maybe one user bought the CE for the statue, and another for the music CD, or the physical journal of Jedi Gnost-Dural, etc. Maybe the OP's primary reasoning behind the purchase of his CE was for the in-game items he was expecting from the CE vendor. I know that was my primary motivation, so I am also a little disappointed that we haven't received any CE vendor updates.

Actually, it's not an assumption. It's not that we expect something more than what they promised us. It was stated multiple times that they had plans to continue adding additional items to the CE vendor. It wasn't supposed to be a one-time deal with a few items at launch.

"Collector’s Edition Store. At launch the Collector’s Edition Store will be available to those who have the Collector’s Edition of The Old Republic, and will feature items found nowhere else in the game! The Collector’s Edition will be stocked with exclusive social items for yourself, and unique appearances for your companion. The store will also have regular updates to give players incentive to keep coming back."

Almost one full year later, and not a single update to the CE vendor. I don't think this qualifies as "regular updates."

Even this fairly recent interview shows they do still have plans to update the vendor; it's just on the back burner.

http://dulfy.net/2012/11/16/swtor-f2p-future-content-interview-with-damion-schubert/

"8. For those who have access to the VIP/Collectors Edition vendors, will we see any new items added to them in the future or is the focus primarily in the cartel market?

Most of our development effort will focus on keeping the cartel market fresh and full of awesome stuff to purchase. That being said, I definitely have it on my to-do list to revisit these secondary vendors in the future."

So, rather than getting upset with the OP, realize that CE buyers were told one thing, and then BioWare delivered another (as in, nothing for updates to CE vendor).

I think it's a rather legit concern that someone payed a premium in real dollars to get something that was listed multiple times only to get nothing in that area. Maybe one user bought the CE for the statue, and another for the music CD, or the physical journal of Jedi Gnost-Dural, etc. Maybe the OP's primary reasoning behind the purchase of his CE was for the in-game items he was expecting from the CE vendor. I know that was my primary motivation, so I am also a little disappointed that we haven't received any CE vendor updates.

Good stuff, exactly what I was looking for. Should be an OP of some a new thread. Any argument from the CE Vendor update haters will be invalid (heck it is now. but that's gonna be op :D ) if they'll intend to use their current reasoning. I am not that crazy for exclusive and leet items. This is about the principle and money spent on something you were supposed to get. But you didn't.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

hit the sweet spot right there, thats the stuff thank you.

So glad I just picked CE for 60 Euro:) I recall thinking the launch price of it as utterly ridiculous. Very good value for 60E though. The swag within has such high production values..love to geek it up with my Malgus Statue and Coruscant Peace Treaty Replica:3

Nothing like using your oponents own words against them. Well played sir! :cool:

Really? Really? Don't you already have the Vendor, VIP Club, physical items that came with the box, and your new F2P items?

Vendor was promised to be continuously updated. It never was. The VIP club ended up being a non-exclusinve, because anyone can buy access for in-game credits. The in-game items that came as a part of the CE (Mount, droid pet, flare gun, etc..) were whored out for cash as an 'upgrade' instead of being the exclusives they were promised to be.

I can see how the CE owners might feel like they were bent over and ridden like stolen bikes.

The CE really isnt that exclusive.

Anyone who pays for a VIP band can get the same vendor content. The only exclusive thing the CE people really got were the toys (pet, speeder, holodancer, flare gun and camera).

Nope. BioWare whored those out too. They're available as a cash upgrade on the subscription page.

will CE ever get exclusive things i paid 130pound for my game love the figure and everything that comes with it but its like bioware dont care about giving people who got the CE anything,

is there going to be stuff coming for CE owners ?....

everything in the CE vendor is exclusive?

Well it isn't exactly greed in that they did promise and tell us our CE vendor would be updated with items. I have said it and will say it again people love tossing around entitlement. some people bought the CE for the box stuff while others for the in game things. i would ask you where is the entitlement for something was promised to all CE owners?

To the STO lifers I am afraid to tell you they are not considering what Perfect World did by selling pretty much everything lifers get for half the cost.

To the OP we already have items only for us I think you mean to say when will they add more :)

I completely agree to an extent, and I point out your last line. The OP doesn't understand he already has exclusive items. That's what I take issue with.

I completely agree to an extent, and I point out your last line. The OP doesn't understand he already has exclusive items. That's what I take issue with.

Yeah and if he misworded what he was trying to say that is alright. My personal thing is we as CE owners should get updated vendors I don't know what we should get that is for Bioware to determine not me. I don't agree with people who think we should be getting a mega truck load of stuff every patch that is greedy.

I am glad we agreed on something though finding common ground is a step in solving problems :)

Really? Really? Don't you already have the Vendor, VIP Club, physical items that came with the box, and your new F2P items? Quit being greedy. You bought the game, and you got what you paid for. Just because you have a gold key in your signature and have CE doesn't mean they have to continually reward you for a purchase that happened over a year ago. It's like buying a special edition or collectors edition movie from a famous director, and assuming that because you bought the CE, you get all his future movies free of charge. That's the stupidest and most selfish sense of greed and entitlement I've seen in a community. STO lifers are happy with what they get and they paid double what you did.

It's not greed at all. It is asking for what we were promised. We bought the CE for 3 things. 1 - The game, 2 - The Real Life Items, 3 - The CE store that we were told would have consistent additions that were unique to us. They don't HAVE to continually reward us, but if they don't add new and unique items to the store they will be going back on their word and making a lot of people unhappy with another broken promise.

When we get what we were told we were going to get, we will stop asking for more

It's not greed at all. It is asking for what we were promised. We bought the CE for 3 things. 1 - The game, 2 - The Real Life Items, 3 - The CE store that we were told would have consistent additions that were unique to us. They don't HAVE to continually reward us, but if they don't add new and unique items to the store they will be going back on their word and making a lot of people unhappy with another broken promise.

When we get what we were told we were going to get, we will stop asking for more

We did get the Taunta. We are essentially saying right now that the updates are too slow/insufficient in scope(which they are) based on our personal impression of what we were told.

He was still told that he will get more exclusive items when he was agreeing to buy the game.

And... we did get exclusive items.

The real stump being watered here is people want more.... and more... and more.

Personally, As a CE owner... I don't care. If we get more perks on the vendor fine. If not, fine.. I did not buy the CE for a digital vendor with "content to be named later". I bought it for the real contents inside the box.

Edited by Andryah

We did get the Taunta. We are essentially saying right now that the updates are too slow/insufficient in scope(which they are) based on our personal impression of what we were told.

Ah but that is based on what we feel and it seems Bioware has stated I think it was in the livestream or something that they will be working on it. While it's nice to have the stuff updated this game has changed quite a bit from last year the CE store just might have fallen through the cracks.

And... we did get exclusive items.

The real stump being watered here is people want more.... and more... and more.

Personally, As a CE owner... I don't care. If we get more perks on the vendor fine. If not, fine.. I did not buy the CE for a digital vendor with "content to be named later". I bought it for the real contents inside the box.

I get what you're saying, but other people DID buy the CE for "content to be named later," and BW specifically stated they would continue to update the CE vendor. If BW never made that claim, then I would agree people have no issue. It was a false promise that they'd get something more, and they never did. I don't care about the gnost-durast journal or the Malgus statue. I actually wanted the in-game items that would continually be updated, even if it were mainly for convenience and looks rather than pay to win type items. We aren't asking for more stuff to be mailed to us because the initial contents weren't enough; we want the digital items we were told we'd would get. Heck, just give us some new orange gear or some color crystals that are cheaper in credits than what's available on the cartel market; that way, you get a perk, but it's not a gamebreaker, and it would mean BW lived up to their word. We're just asking to get what we were promised in the first place.

The last exclusive thing we had added was a Taunta pet. (1.2 I think) I haven't held my breath for them to add new content to it and won't be when January comes.

They already have our money, why bother showing any appreciation for it? It blows that they lied about the Vendor... but they broke a hell of a lot of other promises right along side of it.

Edited by veyl

It blows that they lied about the Vendor... but they broke a hell of a lot of other promises right along side of it.

It would be more accurate to say it blows that they don't update the CE vendor as often as some CE owners desire.

Until the game closes some years down the road and there were never any updates to the vendor, your statement is premature (as presented).

It would be more accurate to say it blows that they don't update the CE vendor as often as some CE owners desire.

Until the game closes some years down the road and there were never any updates to the vendor, your statement is premature (as presented).

Please enlighten me and tell me when they EVER updated the vendor?

Never seems to be outside the parameters of a "realistic desire" on the part of CE owners. :p