Can we hear more about our LI in KotET this time around?

OldVengeance

Of our long lost love interest in Knights of the Fallen Empire, only 4 returned out of 19. For Eternal Throne, I don't think we can expect much more than that, so that will still leave about half of our husbands and wives who are still gone without a trace.

Chapter 2 of Fallen Empire at least gave us one email from all our missing spouses and a couple generic lines of dialogue to at least recognize that we are or at least were in a relationship.

I expect many of our characters will still be very alone when we go through the next expansion, so couldn't we at least get a few similar moments to recognize continuity with our class story romance? It may well end up being at least, two years since we last saw some of our LI, so I think would be pretty lame if we didn't get a mention of them. I always wanted conversations where we reminisce about our favorite companions, but even emails about searching for them or more dialogue that doesn't mention them by name would work.

I mean, it's still a little weird how we don't always get to ask specifically what happened to our missing companions even when we meet members of the same crew. Between Pierce, Vette and Broonmark, only Vette even offers a general explanation for what she's heard about the rest of the team, not Jaesa and Quinn specifically.

Jedi at least get to talk about Kira, Nadia, Doc and Iresso (and Scourge and Tharan) with Choza Rabaat, so more of that would be nice. It's in the Kotor style conversations with an Ithorian, so voice acting shouldn't be a problem. It's not ideal but it's way better than nothing in tiding people over.

Edited by OldVengeance

Signed. Please don't make us wait 'til part 3 of this expansion to get all our LIs back, with no more contact, no more letters, nothing. At this point it makes very little sense for them not to be aware that our character is alive and heading the Alliance.

I'd even be happy with the occasional dialog from Lana or Theron along the lines of "We're still searching for them." or a "We heard a rumor they were seen at Port Nowhere". It's vague enough that it doesn't have to be relevant to the KotET storyline, but it's at least something to keep the acknowledgement going and adding to the wider gameworld of events around our characters.

I'd even be happy with the occasional dialog from Lana or Theron along the lines of "We're still searching for them." or a "We heard a rumor they were seen at Port Nowhere". It's vague enough that it doesn't have to be relevant to the KotET storyline, but it's at least something to keep the acknowledgement going and adding to the wider gameworld of events around our characters.

This, little things, a little throwaway line can make a big difference.

I'm interested to see how they handle companions / LI's coming back in KOTET, I understand in KOTFE we were just this Outlander figure head but after Chapter 16 with word spreading about us , who we are (eg: Sith, Jedi, Trooper...), what we look like, our name (?) etc: is there any excuse for our old LI's to now not know we're the Outlander (and come running back) after news is spreading all over the galaxy? I'd like to think once our LI's found out we were the Outlander they'd come running :p

• 5 weeks later...

My thoughts exactly!

My BH has a holo of Mako in his bedroom on Dromund Kaas. He's LS BH so they were pretty balanced and happy couple. I have to admit sometimes playing the character affects me as a player ( I'm actually writing a fanstory about what was before he joined the Great Hunt...not enough content in a game for me :-D ) and for a first two or three months I really felt terrible that Mako is gone. I felt like that because I knew he would feel like this. You know...focused on the job, as he has always been, but also empty. Now it is not so bad, but still...

Seeing my warrior reunited with Vette, my trooper with Aric was sweet (although reunion with Vette seemed little short), but my BH is still my main character in the game, and I will never be "happy player" again until she's back.

On the other hand, I'm little scared. In my head I have such a high expectations on how they would react when they meet again, and I'm not sure these expectations will be fulfiled. So in a way I'm glad she's gone because so far it does not feel right.

Outlander is a busy person, but he/she would still find a time for a chat with his/her beloved one. One sentence, one letter in time would do the job. It can't be that hard to create a couple of letters and put them in the game, BioWare must have plenty of people who can do that.

If they run with another 16 chapters, I'd actually expect more LI's to show up for this new season of the story. I think the reason why so few returned during kotfe is because half the story had to be spent getting off Zakuul/settling Odessen before you could go and do other things. Now that we're settled into the galaxy's most poorly hidden secret base, we can spend more time gallivanting through space collecting our wayward loves.

Maybe we'll get lucky and some chapters will have more than one LI at a time. With all those that are still missing, there's so much they could do with who could team up with who while doing their part to annoy the Eternal Empire.

Edited by Sendisa

I would be so sad if we had to wait another year to reunite with our LI's. I hope they double-up on some of the reunions, so we could reunite with two different LI's in one chapter. Like if Andronikus is a pirate captain and Corso Riggs is working for him, both our f!Smugglers and f!Inquisitors would be able to reunite with their hubbies in one chapter.

Not both at the same time, of course, and they'd both get different scenes for the reunion, but I think that would be the best way to make everyone happy while still meeting the chapter limit.

Heck, Ashara and Nadia could easily be working together, or Ashara and a LS Jaesa. A lot of these characters are not hard to put together in partnerships when it comes right down to it.

I would be so sad if we had to wait another year to reunite with our LI's. I hope they double-up on some of the reunions, so we could reunite with two different LI's in one chapter. Like if Andronikus is a pirate captain and Corso Riggs is working for him, both our f!Smugglers and f!Inquisitors would be able to reunite with their hubbies in one chapter.

Not both at the same time, of course, and they'd both get different scenes for the reunion, but I think that would be the best way to make everyone happy while still meeting the chapter limit.

I wouldn't mind them doubling up like this in the slightest only if as you said they both get their own special LI scenes and purpose in the chapter. Having recently replayed the Gault/Vette chapter I hate to say it but for me it seemed as though Gault really outshone Vette when really it should have been the reverse. I would hate if two LI's are brought back in a chapter and then the one they deem more popular would get priority in the story/cut scenes.

Edited by BlueShiftRecall

I would hate if two LI's are brought back in a chapter and then the one they deem more popular would get priority in the story/cut scenes.

I agree. I feel like the best way to avoid that would be to have both LIs have a critical part in the chapter. Using the example above of Andronikus and Corso working together- Andronikus is the captain and gives the orders and so is communicated with frequently, but Corso could be a temporary (before being permanently recruited) companion on a mission- they both get equal time and equal importance to the chapter. I feel like that would make fans of both romances equally happy.

Having recently replayed the Gault/Vette chapter I hate to say it but for me it seemed as though Gault really outshone Vette when really it should have been the reverse.

To be fair, Gault was the brains behind the entire operation, so it would make sense that he had more of the spotlight over Vette. While everyone in the chapter played their parts to pull off the heist, none of them would have been there at all if he hadn't come up with the plan in the first place.

I feel like the best way to avoid that would be to have both LIs have a critical part in the chapter. Using the example above of Andronikus and Corso working together- Andronikus is the captain and gives the orders and so is communicated with frequently, but Corso could be a temporary (before being permanently recruited) companion on a mission- they both get equal time and equal importance to the chapter. I feel like that would make fans of both romances equally happy.

If something like this does happen, I suspect BW would balance out the time you spend with each fairly evenly. For example you do the first part of the mission with Andronikus, have the interlude moment with your significant other (if you're not a smuggler/inquisitor, or they're an un-romanced companion, you have a general chat with the one relevant to your faction), and then finish it up with with Corso. Who you end up recruiting at the end could either be done by defaulting it to whichever faction you're on, or you pick the one you want and the other becomes unavailable as a permanent companion (choices can matter!).

Edited by Sendisa

If something like this does happen, I suspect BW would balance out the time you spend with each fairly evenly. For example you do the first part of the mission with Andronikus, have the interlude moment with your significant other (if you're not a smuggler/inquisitor, or they're an un-romanced companion, you have a general chat with the one relevant to your faction), and then finish it up with with Corso. Who you end up recruiting at the end could either be done by defaulting it to whichever faction you're on, or you pick the one you want and the other becomes unavailable as a permanent companion (choices can matter!).

I would be fine with having to pick one or the other, or having the companion that you get default to your original faction. After all, Andronikus hates the Republic (he hates the Empire as well, but not as much, apparently), and Corso hates the Empire. It would make sense for both of them to accept or refuse an offer of partnership based on the Outlander's original faction.

I just don't want to have to wait ANOTHER year to get them all back. I don't know how they're deciding which romances to bring back first, but they need to speed up the process.

I just don't want to have to wait ANOTHER year to get them all back. I don't know how they're deciding which romances to bring back first, but they need to speed up the process.

It's interesting to think that they decided the first romanced companion to come back should be Kaliyo, out of all the romances Kaliyo was picked to come back first (not including Theron/Lana), I wonder who's going to be lucky last? Any bets on who'll be last? :cool:

It's interesting to think that they decided the first romanced companion to come back should be Kaliyo, out of all the romances Kaliyo was picked to come back first (not including Theron/Lana), I wonder who's going to be lucky last? Any bets on who'll be last? :cool:

Whoever's the favorite romance? XD That would be....um. Uh. I have no idea, actually. Vette and Torian are already back, as are Jorgan and Kaliyo... Jaesa, then? Kira? Quinn?

Lord Scourge? :cool:

While the cynic in me wouldn't be surprised if they did drag it out longer than they should, the reasonable part wants to believe that they wont procrastinate reunions any more than absolutely necessary. Unless they're really a bunch of masochists and actually enjoy the player base abusing them over this particular topic of course.

Edited by Sendisa

Whoever's the favorite romance? XD That would be....um. Uh. I have no idea, actually. Vette and Torian are already back, as are Jorgan and Kaliyo... Jaesa, then? Kira? Quinn?

Lord Scourge? :cool:

Kira would be my bet. Previous voice of the Emp and seems to be one of the most popular, if not most popular, companions (even if there are some who hate her).

Kira would be my bet. Previous voice of the Emp and seems to be one of the most popular, if not most popular, companions (even if there are some who hate her).

I agree that Kira seems to be quite popular (I'm in that dislike her category though) and I know people who have literally left the game until she gets back. I think her coming back would get more people to sub even just for a month to reunite with her.

I think Quinn will be back sooner rather than later just because I can see the Dev angle now, "Re-sub and kill that companion you've been hating on for years and years but only if you re-sub now! Go on get your revenge, re-sub now!"

I'm putting my bets on Akaavi or Iresso being last to come back.

To be fair, Gault was the brains behind the entire operation, so it would make sense that he had more of the spotlight over Vette. While everyone in the chapter played their parts to pull off the heist, none of them would have been there at all if he hadn't come up with the plan in the first place.

Yeah that's true. Vette was one of my favourites so I'm probably a little biased, I should just be happy she's back with so many still MIA.

I agree that Kira seems to be quite popular (I'm in that dislike her category though) and I know people who have literally left the game until she gets back. I think her coming back would get more people to sub even just for a month to reunite with her.

I think Quinn will be back sooner rather than later just because I can see the Dev angle now, "Re-sub and kill that companion you've been hating on for years and years but only if you re-sub now! Go on get your revenge, re-sub now!"

I'm putting my bets on Akaavi or Iresso being last to come back.

Yeah that's true. Vette was one of my favourites so I'm probably a little biased, I should just be happy she's back with so many still MIA.

I dunno. Iresso with the thing stuck in his head. I have this feeling it's going to play a part of the story and a link to Valky.

You misspelled Skadge :p

I can understand why some would be pissed at Quinn's betrayal, but the man was essentially stuck between a rock and a hard place, so I personally couldn't stay mad at him. That's not to say both my Warriors didn't let him twist in the wind for a little while before giving him the forgiveness he craved.

It's been a while since I did the Consular's story, so I had to Youtube it to refresh my memory of Iresso's problem.While it would certainly be interesting if they somehow managed to implement/resolve it in his chapter somehow, I'm more inclined to think the writers will just sweep it under the rug and forget about the whole thing. Considering that there are only three people aside from Iresso in the entire galaxy who knows about its existence, it would be a pretty safe bet that it wouldn't really be a problem.

Edited by Sendisa

• 2 weeks later...

The Alliance vs. (what's left of) the Sith Empire. Quinn has become one of Empress Acina's admirals.

You misspelled Skadge :p

I can understand why some would be pissed at Quinn's betrayal, but the man was essentially stuck between a rock and a hard place, so I personally couldn't stay mad at him. That's not to say both my Warriors didn't let him twist in the wind for a little while before giving him the forgiveness he craved.

It's been a while since I did the Consular's story, so I had to Youtube it to refresh my memory of Iresso's problem.While it would certainly be interesting if they somehow managed to implement/resolve it in his chapter somehow, I'm more inclined to think the writers will just sweep it under the rug and forget about the whole thing. Considering that there are only three people aside from Iresso in the entire galaxy who knows about its existence, it would be a pretty safe bet that it wouldn't really be a problem.

I was playing Consular and could not help but notice that Iresso's tatoos are pretty similar to the Nathema Zelots and Valyn's in style. I wounder if there is a connection. Probably not, considering that class stories play so little role now and expecting companions quests to be referenced is a little bit silly. But would be nice.

Edited by RandomName_Ru