Maruaders and force push

doromleynek

Why not? Why does the tanking advanced class have a skill that allows them to push away the thing they are supposed to be keep aggro on? Maruaders are full on dps with no knockback, seems kind of lame.

Also, Jugs get that very long saber throw, maruaders get a 10m throw : /

I could effectively use either one. And honestly I'd prefer push to keep my battles 1v1 or to separate what I want to attack away from the group. It also would help me prevent someone from jumping in to save whoever I was attacking. Plus, give Marauders force pull and it just makes the hazards in Huttball even more of a pain in the *** because then that's all Marauders will do for free kills, instead of having to earn them all.

there is no need for it, its a gimick ability for a melee class

honestly ... juggernauts shouldnt have it either

we are melee classes, we shouldnt have a knockback, a stun ... sure, a pull ... perhaps, but not a knockback

Push will forver be 100% stronger than pull, and an asset in EVERY situation. When im fighting 1v2, and the Jugg/Sin/Powertech is guarding this squishy, I have ZERO ways to seperate them in order to actually burst down my target. There are a million other situations in which push would be a god send also.

Anyone who thinks that they don't want it for this stupid reason. "Why would I want to push my enemy away from me" shouldn't be pvping to begin with.

people don't understand that it's for the utility and convenience and *balance* of a knockback. I can guarantee you want a knockback in open world pvp, warzones and when you are trying to escape a NPC. The argument of not needing it because of "closing the distance" is invalid because you are not always trying to pursue a target. If you really think about it, a knockback *is* a necessity.

If I am in a 2v1, yes, I want to push one away so I can focus one then move onto the next. If I am on the ramps of Huttball, I want to push him into the pit before he can knock me and/or the runner off. If we're crossing the bridge in Voidstar, I want to push the other guy off.

There are a million good uses for a force push, even for a dps class.

Push will forver be 100% stronger than pull, and an asset in EVERY situation. When im fighting 1v2, and the Jugg/Sin/Powertech is guarding this squishy, I have ZERO ways to seperate them in order to actually burst down my target. There are a million other situations in which push would be a god send also.

Anyone who thinks that they don't want it for this stupid reason. "Why would I want to push my enemy away from me" shouldn't be pvping to begin with.

Dude, if you think you need a force push with all the *********** CC's and knockbacks in this game, then you really have to l2p your class. Seriously stop asking for something that almost every class has -.-

If you fight against 2 people, you should be able to kill 1 guy, and even if you're not able to kill 1 of them, force camo out and use predation to run away.

Also, you're not even suposed to fight 1v2 if you're in a premade.

Force push a warrior, he will force charge to you.

Force push a powertech, he will use his charge or he will pull you.

Force push an assassin, he will use his force speed to get to you or force pull if he's a tankassin

Force push ANY ranged class and they will be the happiest guy in the WZ because they're in range.

Operatives are the only class that don't have a real gap closer when you use force push against them, so why would you want an ability for 1 class? -.-

I rather have force pull for the annoying operatives so they can't kite me anymore.

edit: When someone uses a knockback against me in Voidstar/Civil War, I'm really happy they used it. It just gives me extra resolve for free without getting stunned. (btw, USE PREDATION !!!! it's our 2nd GAP CLOSER when you're knockbacked)

Edited by WokeSmeed

Dude, if you think you need a force push with all the *********** CC's and knockbacks in this game, then you really have to l2p your class. Seriously stop asking for something that almost every class has -.-

If you fight against 2 people, you should be able to kill 1 guy, and even if you're not able to kill 1 of them, force camo out and use predation to run away.

Force push an assassin, he will use his force speed to get to you or force pull if he's a tankassin

Force push ANY ranged class and they will be the happiest guy in the WZ because they're in range.

Operatives are the only class that don't have a real gap closer when you use force push against them, so why would you want an ability for 1 class? -.-

I rather have force pull for the annoying operatives so they can't kite me anymore.

edit: When someone uses a knockback against me in Voidstar/Civil War, I'm really happy they used it. It just gives me extra resolve for free without getting stunned. (btw, USE PREDATION !!!! it's our 2nd GAP CLOSER when you're knockbacked)

If you can burst down a Sorc/Sage or medium armored target while its guarded, and you're permanently dealing with Taunt/AoE Taunt then I would love to see the people that play on your server. I imagine I could only hit Assault and kill everyone.

First of all, there will ALWAYS be situations in WZs where you will end up out numbered, especially as a Marauder. Second of all, you're forcing other characters to burn important CDs that they need, which means you just won that section of the encounter also. Thirdly, I would love to be able to shove a ranged class down into the pit when I'm fighting around mid, so that I no longer have to deal with them shooting me at all. Fourth, you have a permanent 100% up-time snare(unless it gets cleansed off, and if it does it means there's going to be dots still ticking on them), force charge, force camo speed buff, choke, and PLENTY of other tools to never get kited for long. If you can't handle an operative, then you aren't playing right.

And lastly, if you think someone forcing you to burn 30 fury on predation makes them bad, you're an even bigger fool. You now have no fury for bloodthirst/berserk in order to burst someone down properly. Congratulations, you just got out played.

Edited by Ridisi

This part is totally wrong here, and gives me the impression you don't actually know how Force Push works.

If you've ever been force-pushed, you'll notice it also -roots- you in place. That's why getting force-pushed in fire sucks, because your character is taking his time trying to get up while you're being burnt to a crisp.

The usefulness of being able to direct someone (a healer, squishy DPS, anyone) into a spot and -ROOT- them there for you to beat up on with your now-refreshed force-charge is amazing. I would use it all the damn time.

QFT

I would much prefer Force Pull to Force Push. Think about it, if Push had a 10m range to be used, focus firing down a healer or dps with a healer, you'd have to contend with the minimum range for it to be effective. Where as if Pull had a 30m range, it would be much easier to get that "additional" interrupt off. Paint this scenario:

You've almost killed a dps, unfortunately before you deliver the final blow a healer jumps to his aid and gets him up +15% health. Before the next heal is cast, you Pull the healer into range, smack the dps once, interrupt next heal with Intimidating Roar, healer is stunned for 6 seconds, and you get the kill off on the dps before turning attention to the healer and taking him out, also. If he breaks out of the stun, you interrupt the next heal with quick tab targeting or whatever and kill the dps before the healer can recover.

In addition to this use, others have mentioned other scenarios which Pull could be most effective. If you use the above scenario with Push, then you can imagine the healer standing max range healing the dps and you would have to run to them, or charge, to make up the gap, then use push, back to the dps, by that time they're out of range of both Intimidating Roar and your interrupt, so what use is it? Lol.

Sins have an AoE knockback

Sorcs have an AoE knockback with a root if talented

Mercs have an AoE knockback with a snare

Snipers have an AoE knockback with a root

Juggs have a push that pushes you almost to the other side of the map.

5 of the 8 AC's have a knockback and you all want a 6th AC with a knockback/push? Are you all serious?

Marauders are already getting pingponged in Huttball and now you want other marauders to push you too? -.-

Just remove all the abilites from all the classes and give them all a knockback so we can all push each other away to death.

And let's call this game "Push Wars"

edit: @Ridisi, A smart operative will cleanse your dots/slows (cleanse removes 2 negative effects). They also have a 10m range root and they can CC and kite you to death. You prob never played against a skilled operative. Their dodge shield also removes all negative effects on them, so snaring them with your Crippling Slash won't help much, it's just a waist of GCD.

Also, 30stacks of Fury is build in less then 15 seconds (12 seconds to be exactly and even less if you're getting attacked) so I won't call that "burning 30 stacks for predation". You also have frenzy if you want both berserk and predation up (bloodthirst has a 5min CD so get that ability out of the discussion, you can use that ability max 2 times in a WZ)

Btw, I'm going to stop posting in this thread.

Some people just don't understand that mara's don't need a knockback/push.

Edited by WokeSmeed