Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

Given that by far, the most likely answer will be the option of paying to transfer to an american server (which will compound the issue but ultimately let BW be done with the headache of supporting remote servers), I'd personally take the challenge of a local single server, even if it meant we all had to pack onto a PvP server (though PvE is clearly the more customer friendly / neutral option).

I'm not find of PvP servers though, my characters of another game were stranded for a long time on one with a big population imbalance. Wherever people of my faction went on any character, there were literally packs of ravenous gankers either waiting or who were called in once we were spotted.

I honestly don't expect this to happen and I quite enjoy *some* world PvP (as long as we're talking about relatively fair fights) but a situation like the one I've just described really would totally ruin the game for me, no matter what else it has going for it.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Servers not going down for maintenance today means still now extra slots for us. Would have thought this would have been the perfect time to do them.

Quite sad now. Would have at least shown that they are actually doing something for us.

Bit like a roller coaster where you are down and then they say we will do this for you soonest to raise your hopes and then it is just left so you are left feeling down again.

They did it for the rest of the world and know how to do it so why make us suffer.

I mean if they can't even bring the number of characters here into line with the rest of the world, then if you are wanting a solution for the population thing, don't hold your breath.

Way to keep subscribers. I mean they will be flocking for this kind of service. Flocking away from it anyway.

Servers not going down for maintenance today means still now extra slots for us. Would have thought this would have been the perfect time to do them.

Quite sad now. Would have at least shown that they are actually doing something for us.

Bit like a roller coaster where you are down and then they say we will do this for you soonest to raise your hopes and then it is just left so you are left feeling down again.

They did it for the rest of the world and know how to do it so why make us suffer.

I mean if they can't even bring the number of characters here into line with the rest of the world, then if you are wanting a solution for the population thing, don't hold your breath.

Way to keep subscribers. I mean they will be flocking for this kind of service. Flocking away from it anyway.

That's being a little melodramatic isn't it? More slots are nice but a few weeks isn't really going to bother people that much while BW finish sorting out consolidation issues?

You've got to give them some leeway - fair enough, they didn't grant them to us at the same time but they were only granted as a solution to fix the server merge issues they were facing, it's not like they set out introduce a great new feature and leave us hanging - though US companies, particularly entertainment companies are frequently guilty of this and so even though it's not intended to slight us, it does still rather obviously hit a sore spot BW.

That's being a little melodramatic isn't it? More slots are nice but a few weeks isn't really going to bother people that much while BW finish sorting out consolidation issues?

You've got to give them some leeway - fair enough, they didn't grant them to us at the same time but they were only granted as a solution to fix the server merge issues they were facing, it's not like they set out introduce a great new feature and leave us hanging - though US companies, particularly entertainment companies are frequently guilty of this and so even though it's not intended to slight us, it does still rather obviously hit a sore spot BW.

Actually, its a sad state that people have got complacent in the second hand support provided by Bioware. Do not forget that on every other game a good percentage of the games population would be up in arms about this kind of thing. If a rep of a company makes a statement of intent with a timeframe, then its a commitment that should be fulfilled. If they cannot fulfil it, they need to apologise, or ask their reps to no longer state periods of time when replying to customers.

/signed

I am on MDN, been subbed since the start have multiple endgame chars etc. I am mainly a PVE endgame player and have been struggling to do all end game content on all my chars as there are not enough groups going.

Last night I was in queue for Lost Island to get my weekly on my sniper. 3 hours, 1 pop someone rejected and that was it. logged over to the harbinger to see what was going on, 65+ ppl on korriban, 167 on fleet and this was around 7am server time. If they have 160+ at dead hours, i can imagine the fleet at their peak times.

yes, we wont get there even after server merge but hell it will be much better than it is. We loved clearing 16m HM EC. Now, we cannot even dream of recruiting for 16M HM content as there are no players available. No one really does 16M any more and for me as a hardcore endgame player that's a shame.

I would like everyone in APAC servers(all 3) to be given some choices. My preference would be as follows

1) Merge APAC servers, make it a PVE/PVP server, can be instanced depending on if you are flagged or not. win win imo. We get good pop, pretty sure with all 3 combined we can crack 200 on fleet peak times. Makes people who have left come back. F2P gets more people as they see the population and there is always something going on.

2) Give everyone on APAC servers(all 3) an option to transfer to a US/EU server. i know this is not ideal and PVP would suck with that ping, PVE wont be much better but i think it would be bearable. I played on the US servers before APAC launch and can see myself doing it, provided I dont have to wait around for a group ever.

if both of them are not possible for whatever reason, then the only other option would be cross server features.

leave everyone where they are. I dont have a problem with the server I am on if I can PUG groups or fight against people from some random server.

I think server not going down at all today means they might not be quite ready and are pushing the maintenance back till tomorrow or Thursday.

Ever the optimist XD

I've been holding off putting my name to this for awhile. Chippy, amazing post, well written and thought out.

I agree mergers should be on the cards and to be honest the fact that we didn't get 4 slots has not affected me at all.

What is hurting our player base is pretty simple, Maintences at prime time.Personally i'm used to not playing on a tuesday night, thats no big deal but it does really irritate me when we have 3-4 maintences a week. I'm not exactly the most hot tempered person but if it irritates me it must really get up some peoples nose.

This is where things need to change for us the most. No doubt theres a hundred solutions available that won't cut into our play time as much.Let me repeat clearly, I don't mind losing 1 nights play time a week,I can also understand the need to to urgently patch things aswell, But not at the cost of our prime play time.

I won't threaten to unsub, I love this game. But its getting harder and harder to actually play it when theres nobody to play with.

100% Support APAC server merges to PVE server as lately has taken anywhere upto an hour+ for group finder to pop before the dailies reset.

Last few nights id log in, do my dailies, wait for GF for 30-60min give up and log out till dailies reset then log back in and retry GF (almost instant pop asuming people arent AFK and dont accept lol)

The sooner the better as i would prefer not to return to US servers as latency was usually 220+ compared to 30+ on current server.

Extra character slots will be great for when new species are released in future updates.

the whole suffering part is indeed a bit... overboard, but what I want fixed is the population issue. Once that it set right, I feel like I can back into TOR (even if I'm still paying monthly, I don't really play cause of the queue wait time) and play the game for real.

i really do hope they reply with a merger in the works for all three servers.

Took them almost a month to fix connection problems didn't it? You expect less time for mergin'? Took them 4 months for first merges, 3 for second merges(in the weird world, Europe/US), so we can expect .. what 2 months if we're lucky?

Now I'm not a betting man, but I do find behaviours in people a little interesting.

What's the bet that if the APAC server merge does go through, the US and EU servers won't go down for 8hours?

That is a little curious

Are you a bit thick mate? Ofc they will go down, but it wont be IN THEIR PRIME TIME

See the difference?

Edited by sankalp