Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why we need a legacy ignore

OlBuzzard
08.18.2019 , 01:16 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Pirana View Post
I'm on the same server and have a pretty good idea of whom you're referring to. The only reason I haven't put this person on ignore is because I find it entertaining to watch this tool implode in General Chat. I have no doubt this person is on a multitude of ignore lists. This person spews their vitriol at anyone that disagrees with him/her at any given moment. Either bipolar or there's a screw loose somewhere.

Legacy ignore should have been implemented years ago.
IMO... It's one of those features that gives people that need it the option of using it. Let's face it. Some players are just plain ummmm... well you know... Aggressively Horrible ... and are frequently Antagonistic .

Legacy Ignore would definitely help BOTH directions: Legacy wide Ignore for the player who implements the action (not having to "ignore the same player on multiple account names" as well as "Ignore multiple names all belonging to the same offender".
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

Damask_Rose
08.18.2019 , 01:39 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Phazonfreak View Post
Yes, both can be harmful to queues. I am not advocating to force people to play with jerks, there is a character ignore feature after all.
When I say "forced to play with jerks" I'm specifically referring to only having a character ignore and not an account ignore. If I do a flashpoint this week and a player was so horrible that I never want to see them again and ignore them, then next week I end up in a flashpoint with one for their alts and have another horrible experience, that is essentially the lack of proper tools forcing me to play with them again. Does it sound better if I say I was tricked into playing with them a second time? I won't know it's the same jerk, so instead of being able to avoid that jerk completely, I'm more likely to think the population is riddled with numerous jerks and that flashpoints are simply too toxic to bother with. Then I quit queuing and only do flahspoints with my guild avoiding pugs completely. So instead of me queueing with a smaller pool of players, I'm not queuing with anyone at all.

If you read threads about the lack of tanks and healers in groupfinder you will read many, many testimonials from tanks and healers who quit doing pugs because of jerks. Ditto if you read threads about people who only solo. Playing with jerks drives people away from group content. Removing players entirely from the queue is worse for the queue as a whole than removing them from only a select portion of the queue.

Pirana
08.18.2019 , 01:46 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by OlBuzzard View Post
IMO... It's one of those features that gives people that need it the option of using it. Let's face it. Some players are just plain ummmm... well you know... Aggressively Horrible ... and are frequently Antagonistic .

Legacy Ignore would definitely help BOTH directions: Legacy wide Ignore for the player who implements the action (not having to "ignore the same player on multiple account names" as well as "Ignore multiple names all belonging to the same offender".
Exactly.

If I'm some azzhat that wants to act up in General Chat I would expect to be put on ignore and in turn that limits what I can do group wise, something most don't care about or don't think about. I have pretty thick skin so most of the stuff that is put in chat doesn't bother me. About the only time I'll put someone on ignore is if I'm tanking or healing and some dps keeps pulling and won't stop when asked to. (I'm a pretty fast tank, so if someone is out-pulling me they're a track star, and I especially don't move so fast that it doesn't allow the healer to catch up). In other words I rarely put people on ignore, and if I do, it's deserving.

Legacy ignore is a much needed feature simply because if someone is being an ahole on one character doesn't mean they'll change their tune on an alt.
The Journey Is Often Greater Than The Destination

TrixxieTriss
08.18.2019 , 06:22 PM | #24
If I remember correctly, Keith has addressed this in either a forum post or stream or podcast and said they have discussed doing it.
The reason they havenít is because of technical difficulties due to the legacy and the character ignore systems being so different. (I think most of us understand how much of a Frankenstein game engine this is).
Correct me if Iím wrong, but Iím sure he said they want to do it. But it will come down to priorities and how much time it will take vs more important things (thatís code for content development).

FlameYOL
08.19.2019 , 09:51 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
If I remember correctly, Keith has addressed this in either a forum post or stream or podcast and said they have discussed doing it.
The reason they havenít is because of technical difficulties due to the legacy and the character ignore systems being so different. (I think most of us understand how much of a Frankenstein game engine this is).
Correct me if Iím wrong, but Iím sure he said they want to do it. But it will come down to priorities and how much time it will take vs more important things (thatís code for content development).
Yes I think one of the devs addressed that point a long while ago.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

phalczen
08.20.2019 , 05:54 AM | #26
I think there are quite a lot of players who create specific characters to be nasty or edgy and also have "regular" characters in their legacy. Sometimes you can even tell by the character name. Just a couple of days ago I had to report another player that used a character name very similar to a prominent figure in Nazi Germany.
Then let them play an "edgy" character in RP events. Being flat out rude/bigoted/trollish, either in fleet chat or in a group, is not RP.

Let me put it this way: If you ignored all the players that sometimes exhibited bad form or nasty attitudes, I think we would be left with a very low population of "good and nice" players that cannot do group content anymore.
Nerf-excrement. They may get the message that people don't want to play with them and their toxicity. Treat others the way you want to be treated. I'm not asking for good and nice characters ... this is a game about good vs evil, after all.

The hypothetical argument that we would have a smaller population of players to do group content is fiction. Trolls aren't interested in cooperating, so I'm not interested in being a part of a group they are in, regardless of which toon they may currently be on. I certainly don't want to see their garbage on fleet and if its just a bot selling credits, I certainly don't want that either. Account-wide ignore might even help the Devs track down accounts of credit sellers. If they see a whole bunch of people /ignore-ing the same account in a brief period, that may help them track down the offending account.

I want to see a yellow name specifically say why this hasn't been implemented yet.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

jediloki
08.20.2019 , 02:34 PM | #27
Didn't they remove the legacy name restriction that only allowed one person/account to have the same legacy name back when they went down the server merger path? I am pretty certain this is the case as in our guild there is another person that has a character in both the pub and imp guilds with my same legacy name.

As such, if you banned off the character name of BigMouth Trashtalker and set to ignore the legacy name of Trashtalker and 3 other people with different accounts also had the same legacy name Trashtalker, wouldn't you ignore them too? Or are you wanting them to dig down past the "legacy" name, and bind it somehow only to the legacy name tied to that account?

Not saying it doesn't have merit, just raising an issue.

DarkTergon
08.20.2019 , 02:58 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by jediloki View Post
Didn't they remove the legacy name restriction that only allowed one person/account to have the same legacy name back when they went down the server merger path? I am pretty certain this is the case as in our guild there is another person that has a character in both the pub and imp guilds with my same legacy name.

As such, if you banned off the character name of BigMouth Trashtalker and set to ignore the legacy name of Trashtalker and 3 other people with different accounts also had the same legacy name Trashtalker, wouldn't you ignore them too? Or are you wanting them to dig down past the "legacy" name, and bind it somehow only to the legacy name tied to that account?

Not saying it doesn't have merit, just raising an issue.
Yes, people can have the same legacy name, but the computer doesn't see it that way, they see they account, so although two legacy names look the same to us, the computer sees it differently. I'm sure a more tech saavy person could explain it better, i'll stick to the simple explanation

MikeCobalt
08.20.2019 , 04:02 PM | #29
Honestly, I can't understand why SWTOR hasn't implemented this years ago.

OlBuzzard
08.20.2019 , 05:51 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Good to know that they have been at least discussing it! That means it is entirely possible that it is on the "board" so to speak.

I know that is a far cry from execution of the idea.. but at least the idea is there and being discussed !! IMO... That is a VERY good thing !
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|