Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Exclusive? Um...

AsarAnchti
04.18.2012 , 04:52 PM | #461
I'm on the razer site now and can't find anything about 'unique" crystal, only rare. That's something else.

DecanAndersen
04.18.2012 , 04:54 PM | #462
Quote: Originally Posted by AsarAnchti View Post
I'm on the razer site now and can't find anything about 'unique" crystal, only rare. That's something else.
Quote:
UNLOCK THE UNIQUE COLOR CRYSTAL!
This rare Color Crystal changes the color of your Lightsaber blade and blaster bolts. Stride into combat in style with this unique green Color Crystal!
http://store.razerzone.com/store/raz...oryId.35156900
<> The Red Eclipse <>
<> Décan <> LvL 50 <> Jedi Shadow <>
<> Decan <> LvL 50 <> Jedi Sentinel <>
<> Décán <> LvL 50 <> Jedi Guardian <>

AsarAnchti
04.18.2012 , 04:57 PM | #463
Ahh, missed that. Sorry, my bad.

Krayven
04.18.2012 , 05:53 PM | #464
Just my 2 creds, this is a perfect example of why any kind of vendor in-game "exclusives" (and yes I know it says unique, not exclusive) are a really dumb idea, in any game...

Imagine this: Hypothetical scenario
- EB games exclusive package with unique speeder
- Amazon exclusive package with unique upgradeable armor
- Gamestop exclusive package with unique upgradeable weapons
- (insert vendor here) exclusive package with unique companion appearances

In order to get all the good stuff you would have to buy 4 copies of the game... pretty stupid yeah?
"Available in your region, Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ is not"
Felt a disturbance, Obi Wan has

Tatebomb
04.18.2012 , 06:11 PM | #465
Quote: Originally Posted by Krayven View Post
Just my 2 creds, this is a perfect example of why any kind of vendor in-game "exclusives" (and yes I know it says unique, not exclusive) are a really dumb idea, in any game...

Imagine this: Hypothetical scenario
- EB games exclusive package with unique speeder
- Amazon exclusive package with unique upgradeable armor
- Gamestop exclusive package with unique upgradeable weapons
- (insert vendor here) exclusive package with unique companion appearances

In order to get all the good stuff you would have to buy 4 copies of the game... pretty stupid yeah?
STO did something like this. And guess what. A few month later it all was for sale at their c-store. Business as usual.

illgot
04.18.2012 , 06:35 PM | #466
The Naga crystal is unique in that it starts off as a low level crystal. No where in the game can you find a low level Green-Black cyrstal.

Later players with the Naga Crystal can upgrade their crystal at the normal price.

Even if the shades of green were exactly the same, players with the Naga crystal are the only ones that have access to an account wide low level Green-Black crystal.

Bioware was nice and gave players the option to upgrade their pre-order/Naga crystals. Most game companies that offer entry level items never let players to scale those items for high end use. Get over the self righteous attitudes and thank Bioware for caring enough to give players the option to upgrade the Razer crystal for end game use.

Again the Razer crystal is unique. It is the only low level Green-Black crystal in existence. It is the only Green-Black crystal that is account wide. It is the only Green-Black crystal which will forever be available and forever be scalable at the option of the players that have access to them.

Kiregean
04.18.2012 , 08:50 PM | #467
Again, this same stupid argument when the advertisement clearly states "UNIQUE GREEN COLOUR CRYSTAL", it doesn't say Unique named crystal or Unique level restricted crystal, it explicitly says GREEN COLOUR.

Seriously you people need to learn to read.

Evgen
04.18.2012 , 09:34 PM | #468
Quote: Originally Posted by illgot View Post
The Naga crystal is unique in that it starts off as a low level crystal. No where in the game can you find a low level Green-Black cyrstal.
I don't knwo if somethign that is limited to low levels can be considered a benefit.
But the fact it is a different colour, (because yellowish green, isn't green, there are a LOT of different hues and shades of colours) kind of negates this whole argument. It is still exclusive.
It may not be as obvious as it once was, but that is beside the point.
I think the Razor crystal colour would have worked better for the rakghoul event, the yellowish green is more sickly

illgot
04.19.2012 , 01:27 AM | #469
Quote: Originally Posted by Kiregean View Post
Again, this same stupid argument when the advertisement clearly states "UNIQUE GREEN COLOUR CRYSTAL", it doesn't say Unique named crystal or Unique level restricted crystal, it explicitly says GREEN COLOUR.

Seriously you people need to learn to read.
It is a shade of green not available to any other players. It is a "unique green colour crystal".

Quote: Originally Posted by Evgen View Post
I don't knwo if somethign that is limited to low levels can be considered a benefit.
But the fact it is a different colour, (because yellowish green, isn't green, there are a LOT of different hues and shades of colours) kind of negates this whole argument. It is still exclusive.
It may not be as obvious as it once was, but that is beside the point.
I think the Razor crystal colour would have worked better for the rakghoul event, the yellowish green is more sickly
You can upgrade (for a fee just like the Preorder crystal) the Razer crystal at a vender on your capitol city.

RustyDiodes
04.19.2012 , 07:53 AM | #470
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
We haven't 'run out' of colors, but generally we'll be staying closer to the 'classic' colors as seen in the movies - generally meaning green, red, blue, purple, orange/yellow etc.

Variations will exist, particularly in hue and core colors, and we will have unusual outliers such as the white lightsaber crystal that was available for a period of time before Game Update 1.2.
Orange and Yellow are distinctly different colors in the films, as demonstrated in the arena battle in Episode II. Orange should not be a slightly different hue of yellow.

Also, White did appear in the films. In one version of Episode IV (digitally remastered or special edition, I don't remember which) Obi Wan's lightsaber was white instead of blue.

Finally, if you are trying to stick with the colors from the films, there should be no Black cores.