Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Exclusive? Um...

TOGFelix
04.17.2012 , 04:56 PM | #371
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Dopplegamer View Post
I have a pretty decent setup for my video card and monitor, and while I could see the difference between the two, it's hardly a "I'd MUCH rather have that green!" issue. They are so slight in difference, that if I passed that same jedi dual wielding those sabers, I'd have no idea he was using two different colors unless I looked close enough to strain my eyes a bit.While I'm not part of this uprising on the color issue, it seems like a very low excuse to say "It's different because we changed the hue a few notches!".

Also, if you're trying to stay close to canon on the colors, does this mean that you've already run out? To the point that you have to adjust the hue in order to call our colors different? What we have now color wise, is what we get?

Like I said, I'm not part of the crowd that is upset about the color. The response on the subject is a bit irksome though.
This. If I had purchased Razor and this came out later, I would be upset.

Also, I do not want to see Hello Kitty or Rainbow Brite crystals make their way into the game in the future.
Asumi Ozsumi
HoGgy Style

djdee
04.17.2012 , 04:56 PM | #372
Quote: Originally Posted by amantheil View Post
Then why not 'orange-black' or 'blue-black' or 'red-black"?
The ones you mentioned are all already in game.
See ya on the chronostream, time jockey!
Shoot straight. Conserve ammo. And never, EVER cut a deal with a dragon.
You can use my referral link for a preferred friend bundle if you want to try SWTOR out.

amantheil
04.17.2012 , 04:58 PM | #373
Quote: Originally Posted by djdee View Post
The ones you mentioned are all already in game.
My bad...I thought green-black was the only two-color one in the game.

Ultraviolence
04.17.2012 , 04:58 PM | #374
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
The ‘SE Black Green Color Crystal’ has RGB values of 217/255/9 at my sample point. The ‘Advanced Black Green Hawkeye Crystal’ has RGB values of 188/255/17 at my sample point (as close as I could to the previous sample point).
So in other words, it's about 1% darker?
Xallahalmbra Vanhorn
HVND

Dodskrigare
04.17.2012 , 05:01 PM | #375
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
Hey everyone, we realize there’s some confusion over this so I just wanted to clarify a little.

The two color crystals being discussed are separate items and are subtly different in color. They are both essentially green, but as we are attempting to keep close to the ‘classic Star Wars’ lightsaber/blaster colors in The Old Republic, that was a deliberate choice by the design team.

As there’s been some debate over the different colors, I had some screenshots created that show off the two different crystals in use in a lightsaber. You can see the ‘SE Black Green Color Crystal’ here. (This is the crystal awarded to those who purchase Razer hardware.) You can see the ‘Advanced Black Green Hawkeye Crystal’ here. (This is the crystal available as part of the Rakghoul Plague event.) For comparison, you can see both of them in use by a dual wielding Jedi Sentinel here.

For those who really want detail, I checked the RGB values of both crystals while in use. The ‘SE Black Green Color Crystal’ has RGB values of 217/255/9 at my sample point. The ‘Advanced Black Green Hawkeye Crystal’ has RGB values of 188/255/17 at my sample point (as close as I could to the previous sample point).

While we understand some concerns that the two crystals are similar in color, we feel they’re distinct enough to be valid choices for any player. There are no current plans to alter either of the crystal colors in-game, however we're listening to your feedback on the issue and may potentially make changes in the future.

As a reminder, the Advanced Black Green Hawkeye Crystal is currently only available in-game as part of the Rakghoul Plague event, by exchanging Rakghoul DNA samples with the event vendor.
All I can to this is...

I was going to get a Razer SWTOR headset to replace the one that broke on me. There are several I looked at with about the same quality etc. The fact that the Razer headset came with a crystal I couldn't get any other way was the tipping point in its favor. And then the Rakghoul event happened a week before payday, and lo and behold, I no longer need to go buy the Razer one for the crystal. Why? Because even on a hi res screen, the color difference is so minor I gave myself a headache trying to see your 'subtle' difference.

Yeah, sorry man, but there were already plenty of choices you guys could have gone with, blue black, red black, purple black, magenta black, cyan black, orange black, and those are just in game color crystals(or color+black variations) that are obtainable via purely in game methods. That would have been a much better option, and wouldn't have put a crunch on one of the hardware companies trying to support your brand, which your company, just undermined.

Just my two cents, as a consumer. And yes, thanks to this, unless something changes, instead of getting the Razer headset I'll probably get a Steel Series. So Stephen, you can tell the guys that thought it was different enough to not impact Razer sales that in one case at least, it did.

ferroz
04.17.2012 , 05:21 PM | #376
Quote: Originally Posted by Kiregean View Post
The crystal is no longer exclusive if one of sufficient similarity is given to the populous as a whole.
Sure it is. You have a color crystal that is indeed exclusive. Noone else can get it except the people who paid cash for it.

amantheil
04.17.2012 , 05:29 PM | #377
Quote: Originally Posted by Ultraviolence View Post
So in other words, it's about 1% darker?
It's like Bill Clinton saying "it depends on what the meaning of 'is' is".

Ok fine, technically they are different. It is such a small difference that people who bought a Razer have a legit reason to be upset.

Talsalus
04.17.2012 , 05:36 PM | #378
yea i'd be pretty pretty angry if I bought the razor product and this happened.

Baaddare
04.17.2012 , 06:12 PM | #379
well the two crystals appear different in color hue to me. As one is a darker green than the other which also casues the black center core to appear sharper. Considering, the fact that the razor crystal would only be used until the mid to late teens i really do not see the issue.
Now Minsc is in charge SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!

DecanAndersen
04.17.2012 , 06:15 PM | #380
Not that it matters to me, but they are the same color.
You have to give the SE customers something els, both pre-buy and after-buy.
But its not the first time, is it BW?
You put the VIP speeder in the fleet vendor as well.
Whats next, collectors edition items in the vendors?
It cant be that hard for a company this size,
to be a little more creative and come up with something special for people that pays extra, seriously...
Its a pretty cruel thing to do
<> The Red Eclipse <>
<> Décan <> LvL 50 <> Jedi Shadow <>
<> Decan <> LvL 50 <> Jedi Sentinel <>
<> Décán <> LvL 50 <> Jedi Guardian <>