Worth changing a gathering skill?

Toxxo

Hello all,

I'm currently playing a marauder and with endgame PvP fast approaching, I'm considering altering my crafting set-up. My character is currently a synthweaver although I rarely, i ever use anything she makes. However, I recently discovered that at 400, she will be able to make strength augments. This would save me a small fortune if I could make my own. But there is a problem - my auxiliary crafts are archaeology and underworld trading but people are telling me that I NEED to get slicing. Which leaves me with the questions:

Why do I need slicing? What do I gain from the skill? Is it possible and /or viable, to change at this late stage?

Hello all,

I'm currently playing a marauder and with endgame PvP fast approaching, I'm considering altering my crafting set-up. My character is currently a synthweaver although I rarely, i ever use anything she makes. However, I recently discovered that at 400, she will be able to make strength augments. This would save me a small fortune if I could make my own. But there is a problem - my auxiliary crafts are archaeology and underworld trading but people are telling me that I NEED to get slicing. Which leaves me with the questions:

Why do I need slicing? What do I gain from the skill? Is it possible and /or viable, to change at this late stage?

Slicing gives the augmentors which (four) are the key ingredient in the augments.

My suggestion would be to leave your character alone and level a second until you can run at least three companions at a time in Slicing, Cyber (for mods and armorings and ears), and Scavaging. Although the two together would not give you everything (still need hilts, gems, implants, enhancements, stims, etc.), you will be well on the road to being self sufficient and could sell mats and crafted items to buy the ones that you can't make. If you have credits, power leveling skills is pretty fast and easy once you can send three companions out at the same time. I have a few twenties that are crafting mules and all are at 400 in three crew skills and it is nice.

PS - You can level slicing for free by going lockbox missions exclusively until you hit 400. Over time, the credits from the lockboxes is a little more than the cost of the missions and you can end up with crew missions that can be sold or return purples that bring a good price if you can run them yourself..

Edited by asbalana