Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I want my Dps sin back. Any hope for a viable sin in 6.0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
I want my Dps sin back. Any hope for a viable sin in 6.0

QuiveringPotato
06.14.2019 , 02:30 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by assatrap View Post
Played about 150 games in SR with sin. Sins are almost VIABLE in ranked.

My problem with sin is In games where there are alot of ranged class - sins are pretty weak and vulnerable. Limited ranged attacks (deception) and limited gapcloser (unlike maras&juggs) also not very wise to spam force speed everywhere due to its DR. Very vulnerable to push and slow.. pretty much sitting ducks. Low slash is not enough.

Just blows my mind our stealth equivalence Operative HAS Rifle Shot, Frag Grenade and 1 DOT all 30m attacks also not to mention ROLL is FAR superior then Force Speed. And sins only got 1 30m attack every 15 seconds which can easily be DODGED. Yes i know operative got more advanced energy management but this is a bad excuse.

Devs if you reading this: this needs to fixed. Back in the days we had lightning storm. This is just brutal especially where the meta is Range - push-slow-knockback and we got no Phasewalk and Light armor. Give us 1 30m attack and make vanish clear out merc's net ffs.
rifle shot and frag nade do poopy damage and are really the equivalent of shooting spitballs at the teacher to annoy them.. only useful for stopping caps. corrosive dart does ok dmg, but the main point of it is for TA regrants on longer fights.

sin also has:
-better burst
-better control
-better dcds
-better passive survivability
-survivability that doesn't require preventing yourself from doing damage in general
-no positional requirements
-much better peeling potential

although I will agree on the ranged classes thing, even though you can spec force speed for a rootbreak and it has a pretty low CD, the amount of control and damage an ars merc has at 30m is just retarded, and yeah I'd say it's harder for sins against classes like that because deflection can only do so much. you guys can at least shroud net and /lol, though
Arvengis | Akanias Taleri | Mhyrah | Arcuneth | Tol'ika
Arteum | Celden

The Ebon Hawk <Nerf Operatives> Youtube Channel

Werronious
06.18.2019 , 01:04 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by QuiveringPotato View Post
rifle shot and frag nade do poopy damage and are really the equivalent of shooting spitballs at the teacher to annoy them.. only useful for stopping caps. corrosive dart does ok dmg, but the main point of it is for TA regrants on longer fights.

sin also has:
-better burst
-better control
-better dcds
-better passive survivability
-survivability that doesn't require preventing yourself from doing damage in general
-no positional requirements
-much better peeling potential

although I will agree on the ranged classes thing, even though you can spec force speed for a rootbreak and it has a pretty low CD, the amount of control and damage an ars merc has at 30m is just retarded, and yeah I'd say it's harder for sins against classes like that because deflection can only do so much. you guys can at least shroud net and /lol, though
LoL

Operative has op heal.
Sin has no survivability except vanish.
Sin defensives are garbage.
Dmg is not that good.
Positioning is everything, if they root you twice in a row you are dead.
Plus merc net is overkill for this class.(they doing 30-40k hits easily in 248 gear while mine sin/shadow doing 22k criticals in 258 gear, patethic)

Serenity/hatred is much better cause it has garbage small heal on dots and 1 attack plus 30% dmg red every 45 sec plus your dots doing good pressure dmg on range targets.
Plus you can kill Merc on their reflection.