Eternal Commander Force Master's set mk3 to mk4?

Kicsak

Hello guys, i need some help, cause i a bit confused. I have the commander force master's MK-3 full set and in it's description said i get the set bonuses on MK-4. But i don't understand it, it's means i can upgrade it to MK-4? If yes, how? At now the set bonus description is red, and i can't get the bonuses if i wear it. Thanks for ur help guys! :rak_04:

Hello guys, i need some help, cause i a bit confused. I have the commander force master's MK-3 full set and in it's description said i get the set bonuses on MK-4.

Don't worry about that - the "which item gives this bonus" messages were often severely flaky on gear that was available before 6.0. New 6.0+ set-bonus gear doesn't seem to have this problem.

But i don't understand it, it's means i can upgrade it to MK-4?

MK-4 would be a *downgrade*, in fact. Eternal Commander MK-4 is the 230-rated Tier 1 crafted set from 5.0, and it was non-moddable and had excess Endurance compared to the MK-3, but less Power and Mastery with it.

It also doesn't have a set bonus.

The 5.X upgrade path for EC MK-3 was:

* Up the tier of Eternal Commander MK-3 ==> MK-15 (Tier 2) == 236 rating <= not available now

* Advance to the Iokath tier == EC MK-15 ==> Iokath MK-5 (Tier 3) == 242 <= not available now

* Advance to the GEMINI tier == Iokath MK-5 ==> GEMINI MK-5 (Tier 4) == 248 <= not available now

* Switch to Experimental Ossan == GEMINI MK-5 ==> Exp Ossan (Tier 5-low) == 252 <= available for credits from vendors on Ossus.

* Switch to Masterwork Ossan == Exp Ossan ==> Master Ossan (Tier 5-high) == 258 <= available for credits + Exp Ossan + Ossus reputation from vendors on Ossus.

All the above are for characters at level 70+, but see below.

At now the set bonus description is red, and i can't get the bonuses if i wear it.

On set bonus gear from before 6.0 (all the types listed above plus anything from before 5.0), the set bonus switches off if the character wearing it is level 75. You need the new set bonus gear from 6.0, acquirable from vendors on the Fleet or in certain tiers of end-game content. This gear is rated 268 or above, and is for characters at level 75 only.

So at now, what can i do with this set? I have lvl 75 character. U mean i buy a new set on the Fleet? If i upgrade this gear is it worth it?

You can do anything you want. You can keep wearing it, but you won't get any bonus. If you 'upgrade it' by adding mods you can always remove the mods and put them in new 'bonus set' pieces as you get them.

Since the bonus no longer works, there is no problem with replacing the old Mk3 pieces with new bonus set pieces, one at a time.

If you particularly like the 'look' of the old Mk3s, you can wear them in an 'outfit'. (The pieces can be in your base and in an outfit, at the same time.)

Edited by JediQuaker