Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Class Changes: Medicine Operative / Sawbones Scoundrel

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Scoundrel / Operative
Class Changes: Medicine Operative / Sawbones Scoundrel
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

RagnarAugustus's Avatar


RagnarAugustus
10.10.2017 , 07:57 AM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by tolaez View Post
I wonder if Bioware has actually gone in with real groups after all these changes and done real hard content. Most all of these nerfs scream PVP balance to me, .
That's usually the origin of horribly thought out nerfs.

minearne's Avatar


minearne
10.10.2017 , 11:45 AM | #82
And again : pvp killed pve...

supertimtaf's Avatar


supertimtaf
10.10.2017 , 11:47 AM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by minearne View Post
And again : pvp killed pve...
Not really, Scoundrel healer is one of the worst healer to play because of its lack of burst, low mobility and easy interrupt. I don't know where those nerfs came, but it isn't from PvP.
Eliadil - Darkness Assassin Darth Malgus

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !

darkblubber's Avatar


darkblubber
10.10.2017 , 12:40 PM | #84
Those changes to the tactical advantage are cutting deep....
Server: T3-M4

Main character: Daemoncaedus - Assassin Tank
Ibombis- OP Heal

PrometheanDeath's Avatar


PrometheanDeath
10.10.2017 , 01:00 PM | #85
The "Intimidating" Heals an operative could put out is what made the devs nerf this class to below usefulness. They didn't realize that its group position and AoE healing that made up for all their numbers. They never had the ability to recover someone from near death without someone in pvp stunning them or even interrupting and having their target killed. Pve numbers that were thought as burst instead of AoE, and assuming that this translated into pvp exactly is the reason for this nerf. and mercs will still live forever and sorc healers exist still fine and competing.

PrometheanDeath's Avatar


PrometheanDeath
10.10.2017 , 02:20 PM | #86
I would like to mention that I think they forgot their buffs? I remember before this nerf that both kolto injection and kolto infusion had the same base healing, that was part of the reason you chose curative agent, to have a faster "Kolto injection heal" that just costs a tactical instead of gain. But looking at my operative while specced out of curative agent after the nerf, both injection and infusion are sitting at 10.2-11.8K. Would someone care to explain where our: "Kolto Infusion no longer applies a heal over time; instead, the initial heal now heals for 44.51% more" went?

Rion_Starkiller's Avatar


Rion_Starkiller
10.10.2017 , 03:47 PM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by PrometheanDeath View Post
I would like to mention that I think they forgot their buffs? I remember before this nerf that both kolto injection and kolto infusion had the same base healing, that was part of the reason you chose curative agent, to have a faster "Kolto injection heal" that just costs a tactical instead of gain. But looking at my operative while specced out of curative agent after the nerf, both injection and infusion are sitting at 10.2-11.8K. Would someone care to explain where our: "Kolto Infusion no longer applies a heal over time; instead, the initial heal now heals for 44.51% more" went?
I will play around with this tonight. I had high hopes for Kolto Infusion, though the Recuperative Nanotech nerf really hurts, along with the decreased TA procs.

Any idea if the buff to Kolto Infusion affects Lethality? (I'm at work)
Beruhl / Zenovia / Lobotomy / Sejanos / Warpunk
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Quote: Originally Posted by Trolltar View Post
I believe he's quoting a frequent contributor to these forums. His name is Strawman.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Thanks Rion Starbrah.

AdjeYo's Avatar


AdjeYo
10.10.2017 , 04:09 PM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
I will play around with this tonight. I had high hopes for Kolto Infusion, though the Recuperative Nanotech nerf really hurts, along with the decreased TA procs.

Any idea if the buff to Kolto Infusion affects Lethality? (I'm at work)
The Kolto Infusion changes changed the baseline ability, so all Operatives will have the new Kolto Infusion

KendraP's Avatar


KendraP
10.10.2017 , 04:44 PM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by supertimtaf View Post
Not really, Scoundrel healer is one of the worst healer to play because of its lack of burst, low mobility and easy interrupt. I don't know where those nerfs came, but it isn't from PvP.
Agreed and these nerfs seemingly come from a "balance" point of view where all healers should have the same HPS and not overheal. Overhealing is sort of the nature of operative healing.

I haven't made it home yet, though, so for now you guys tell me how bad it is

minearne's Avatar


minearne
10.10.2017 , 05:36 PM | #90
Do nim operations will be hard for me now : i'm dps with assassin burst, or healer with agent ...
I will come back to my first love, jugg tank but i hâte this kind off ajustments with no sense ...
Really, a lot of people try the nim op and this is really hard, and developpers do this kind of crapp ...
And this fable about the targed dps, i don't trust this story ! i'm not a child who need a "once upon Musco " !