Companion Affected Maxed out and......

Darth_Victus

I didn't know we got a +10 presence. Is this for everyone we finish/marry?

I'm on the band wagon for MORE companion dialogue. I have 4 characters who are married. I'm married to Corso, Quinn, Vector, and Torian. I'd like SOMETHING to show I'm married to them. A title, them interacting with me personally, even if they still say 'My Lord', 'Captain', 'Agent', and "Hunter". I just want something from them. Dailies, weeklies, SOMETHING. RIght now, I feel like once I finish their companion story line, they ignore me and pretend I don't exist. It's so sad. =(

Even my real life husband says more than two words to me each day.

Come on, Bioware, give us MORE companion interaction once we finish our companion story lines!

I didn't know we got a +10 presence. Is this for everyone we finish/marry?

I'm on the band wagon for MORE companion dialogue. I have 4 characters who are married. I'm married to Corso, Quinn, Vector, and Torian. I'd like SOMETHING to show I'm married to them. A title, them interacting with me personally, even if they still say 'My Lord', 'Captain', 'Agent', and "Hunter". I just want something from them. Dailies, weeklies, SOMETHING. RIght now, I feel like once I finish their companion story line, they ignore me and pretend I don't exist. It's so sad. =(

Even my real life husband says more than two words to me each day.

Come on, Bioware, give us MORE companion interaction once we finish our companion story lines!

My thoughts exactly.

Also doesnt help that only SOME companions get a specific quest arc while the others dont.

I don't understand how previous games like Dragon Age: Origins and Mass Effect have great companion interaction, with diverse personalities, interesting stories and unique voices. I especially like Tali's voice.

But companions are quite underwhelming in SW:TOR. Where is the Garrus of SW:TOR, asking you if you could wait because he had some calibrations to do? Even meaningless chatter like that makes the ship more alive.

True, but it just seems lacking compared to BioWares other games that had companions. Mass Effect 2 you could continue to talk with your companions even after you beat the game. They were small, but there as an option. Same with Dragon Age.

THIS THIS THIS, back in those games you didnt need to wait for any trigget to come up in order to talk to your companions, it seems dialogue is devolving in Bioware games

Dragon Age: can talk to companions pretty much at any time except combat, and even repteat some dialogues.

Mass effect 2: can talk to companions at any time, but only on the Normandy

Dragon Age 2 & Swtor: Can talk to companions only at specific locations during specific moments on the story.

It would be cool if a random companion would greet the player every time they enter, instead of always the robot. But people might get sick of that too.

I was thinking along those lines. My Warrior is married to Vette, instead of the robot how bout she say something when i board the ship like, "how was the killing to day honey?", or just how was your day? She could bring me my slippers and a cold beer or something. Interact some way. Instead of her title being my companion how bout my wife? Same with my Bounty Hunter and Mako. It would be nice to know that the marriage to these characters has more meaning.

Honest question.. Do you really expect a never ending supply of fully voiced dialogs for every companion in the game..? Because they eventually run out, no matter what Bioware does. It's not possible for them to supply a completely new one every day.

You are right, we probably shouldn't expect that and, personally, I think it's a shame. Voice acting was supposed to be the one great advantage this game had on all the other games (and it is), but as time passes, it seems more and more like a limitation for developers and punishment for players - we can't expect more quests, can't expect more conversations, can't expect anything, because with voice acting it would require too much time, effort and money from BW.

They dont want anything to do with you anymore.

Even if you are in a "romance" with them, no more interaction. This is kind of disappointing as I may want to break it off with that companion to hook up with another or something to that affect.

Personally, I think there should be more optional interaction all around with your companions. Much like how Dragon Age was. You start off talking to them and you learn what they like and dislike and overall personalities. However, in a game touting full voice over, you need to READ in your codex what each of your companions like and dislike. Something seems a bit off on that.

I hope that this gets expanded upon in the future.

I agree. This makes sense. Takes development time. I would say this is rather low priority. I do agree, however, that is is a good idea.

One thing i kind of found disappointing about the companion dialogue, is that for the most part, they seem indifferent to my accomplishments in the galaxy. I defeated all of the emporers children and am the champion of the Rift Alliance, but none of my companions give a damn. I killed the Chancellor of the republic and yet Mako doesn't even bring it up.

Things that would be awesome: If I boarded my ship and my companions said random stuff to me regarding my most recent accomplishments. IE. If my most recent accomplishment was killing Soa, Qyzen might say something like "The Scorekeeper grants you 100 points for ****** the ancient one" or if I just finished False Emporer for the first time, Mako might say "Good riddance, that scuba mask wearing douche creeped me out anyways" whenever I would board my ship. Each companion could congradulate you on different things as you walk by them.

PS. theres a reason I dont write dialogue..

What I don't understand is why on earth their combat dialogue doesn't change.

I would like to hear "are you hurt honey?" from Elara Dorne on my Trooper. This shouldn't be hard to do, of course we cannot have unlimited companion quests. But a little flavor doesn't hurt now does it?

Its just like the leveling experience. You are having a great time and enjoying all the story and stuff and then * poof* it just ends and you are back to the same old thing every MMO does. It would definately go a long way into spicing things up a bit instead of just being one more time waster that ends.

True, but it just seems lacking compared to BioWares other games that had companions. Mass Effect 2 you could continue to talk with your companions even after you beat the game. They were small, but there as an option. Same with Dragon Age.

Like I said, I just feel this area could of been and hopefully will be expanded upon in the future.

And they only have those same dialogues every time. What's the difference?

Chat with other players. When the class story ends, the story ended. It may be continued in future expansions, but as far as existing content goes you pretty much saw the credits.

Also doesnt help that only SOME companions get a specific quest arc while the others dont.

I got the feeling that they were all supposed to have them, but that time/budgetary constraints forced them to be cut. There are odd moments where you can sense the *shape* of a mission, but no mission takes place.

Torian: So, my old bounty hunter buddy has invited me to a dangerous hunt deep in the jungle!

Me: Great, let's saddle up and join in!

Torian: Oh, uh, don't worry, you have bigger game to handle, I'll take care of this myself. *walks offscreen*

Me: ...the hell?

Torian: *walks onscreen* Wow, that was great!

Me: ...

And they only have those same dialogues every time. What's the difference?

Chat with other players. When the class story ends, the story ended. It may be continued in future expansions, but as far as existing content goes you pretty much saw the credits.

It may be the same dialogue, but it is still the option to interact with your companions further, instead of them just ignoring you.

I got the feeling that they were all supposed to have them, but that time/budgetary constraints forced them to be cut. There are odd moments where you can sense the *shape* of a mission, but no mission takes place.

Torian: So, my old bounty hunter buddy has invited me to a dangerous hunt deep in the jungle!

Me: Great, let's saddle up and join in!

Torian: Oh, uh, don't worry, you have bigger game to handle, I'll take care of this myself. *walks offscreen*

Me: ...the hell?

Torian: *walks onscreen* Wow, that was great!

Me: ...

I had that same feeling with Jaesa who was seeking out the false sith. I knew Vette had her own quests so I was excited that I would ge to accompany her and help her slaughter them. Nope, she goes and does it by herself and leaves me disappointed in that aspect of the game.

What i hope for when expanded companion storylines kick in is that the companion you married now appears in your quarters and you get a set of daily quests (rewarding some affection and maybe some money so it's not a waste of time but also not a requirement) appearing randomly with the exception that you can't get the same twice in a row. A set of 5-6 dailies taking you to different planets where you do some thing related to your companion. Of course I wouldn't expect BW to implement such dailies for every companions. Only the ones that are actually romanceable (and "marryable").

Also, minor things like some extra lines when you right-click them instead of generic ones they have by default. Instead of Jaesa telling me that there will be no stopping us, I'd like to hear her say how she feels great being my wife every now and then (while also keeping the default lines for variety).

Neat idea would also be that there is a set of "happy" lines that you hear when you have 10k affection, different set when your affection starts to drop and another one when you regain the affection in order to reflect how your spouse feels about you. It doesn't make much sense that I get married, then treat my wife like crap, smack her around etc and she still confesses her undying love for me.

other thing I'd like to mention is that all companions should have actual quests not only the first ones players get. Looking for Vette's sister wasn't very thrilling (except for the fact that I boned her) but I wouldn't mind going on a rampage with Jaesa and butcher me some LS scum. Instead she wanders off into a black screen and tells me how cool it was. Making so that all companions have actual quests would definately go a long way as far as immersion goes.

One thing i kind of found disappointing about the companion dialogue, is that for the most part, they seem indifferent to my accomplishments in the galaxy. I defeated all of the emporers children and am the champion of the Rift Alliance, but none of my companions give a damn. I killed the Chancellor of the republic and yet Mako doesn't even bring it up.

Things that would be awesome: If I boarded my ship and my companions said random stuff to me regarding my most recent accomplishments. IE. If my most recent accomplishment was killing Soa, Qyzen might say something like "The Scorekeeper grants you 100 points for ****** the ancient one" or if I just finished False Emporer for the first time, Mako might say "Good riddance, that scuba mask wearing douche creeped me out anyways" whenever I would board my ship. Each companion could congradulate you on different things as you walk by them.

This is also cool idea. Companions acknowledging your recent "achievement" would be an awesome thing. One line per flashpoint / operation boss for every companion that is only active for like 4-5 hours and you can only hear it on the first right-click so it's not replacing all other lines. For example I killed Kephess, walk up to Jaesa and she goes

"I see that Trandoshans' reputation of being fierce is true after all. That one on Denova was fighting with the fervor of an actual Sith. Almost makes me wish he didn't have to die. Almost"

And after that she resumes her normal lines.

Edited by gibmachine

What i hope for when expanded companion storylines kick in is that the companion you married now appears in your quarters and you get a set of daily quests (rewarding some affection and maybe some money so it's not a waste of time but also not a requirement) appearing randomly with the exception that you can't get the same twice in a row. A set of 5-6 dailies taking you to different planets where you do some thing related to your companion. Of course I wouldn't expect BW to implement such dailies for every companions. Only the ones that are actually romanceable (and "marryable").

Also, minor things like some extra lines when you right-click them instead of generic ones they have by default. Instead of Jaesa telling me that there will be no stopping us, I'd like to hear her say how she feels great being my wife every now and then (while also keeping the default lines for variety).

Neat idea would also be that there is a set of "happy" lines that you hear when you have 10k affection, different set when your affection starts to drop and another one when you regain the affection in order to reflect how your spouse feels about you. It doesn't make much sense that I get married, then treat my wife like crap, smack her around etc and she still confesses her undying love for me.

other thing I'd like to mention is that all companions should have actual quests not only the first ones players get. Looking for Vette's sister wasn't very thrilling (except for the fact that I boned her) but I wouldn't mind going on a rampage with Jaesa and butcher me some LS scum. Instead she wanders off into a black screen and tells me how cool it was. Making so that all companions have actual quests would definately go a long way as far as immersion goes.

This is also cool idea. Companions acknowledging your recent "achievement" would be an awesome thing. One line per flashpoint / operation boss for every companion that is only active for like 4-5 hours and you can only hear it on the first right-click so it's not replacing all other lines. For example I killed Kephess, walk up to Jaesa and she goes

"I see that Trandoshans' reputation of being fierce is true after all. That one on Denova was fighting with the fervor of an actual Sith. Almost makes me wish he didn't have to die. Almost"

And after that she resumes her normal lines.

I like these ideas. Hopefully BioWare keeps tabs on this thread and possibly implements some of these ideas.

Also would be cool to see my companion actually walk around my ship and do random stuff. Or like in previous games when you enter your ship, you get a random cutscene between two or more of your companions talking, or argueing over different things.