A plea to the devs

Vego_Mohenjo

I've come back to my Trooper.

I'd set him aside, because there were some issues with him that were really ruining my enjoyment of the character. So, I stopped playing him, and played some of my other characters.

I recently played a Mercenary BH for the first time, and it rekindled my desire to carry on with my Trooper. He's my namesake, after all (Mohenjo), and I REALLY want to play him. However the problems still exist.

I tried playing Gunnery, but Boltstorm looks idiotic, no matter what I do. More, there are constantly yellow ribbons and other non-immersive effects playing around the character. Thus, I abandoned Gunnery, even though it's actually a very enjoyable and effective spec.

I tried playing Assault, but the character giggles like an idiot all the time. I quit playing my Operative (which I had been playing since launch) because of the giggling, so I can't stomach it on my Trooper. But for this, I could be quite pleased with this spec.

I tried playing Medic, but the spec has almost no offense, because everything is SO expensive. More, there are so many healing skills, they're hard to place on the bar efficiently.

Thus, there are no specs I find myself able to enjoy. So, I come (again) to plead with the developers.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE grant one of the following requests:

1. Let us CHOOSE Boltstorm or Full Auto. In fact, do this for all skills that "replace" other skills (Aegis Assault replaces Sunder, for example). Put both skills in the powers list and let us use the one we want. They'll have the same cooldown and everything, so it wouldn't be possible to use both.

2. Make the giggling an OPTION. This is one that was requested before by MANY. The giggle was there initially, and people asked for its removal. When this was done, other people asked for it back. At this point, the people who originally asked for its removal suggested making it an option, so those who wanted it could have it, and those who didn't could be rid of it. Instead, it was simply put back (and migrated to several other classes). This ticked off the original group who wanted it gone. My request is to make the giggle an OPTION (or let us choose alternative audio cues, such as the sound of a bolt action cocking).

Please, devs. I'm begging you here. I've been here since beta, and been loyal to the game. I STILL consider it to be one of the best MMOs ever made (though there is still room to grow), and I really want to get back into my character.

Help me out.

brother, on the list of things wrong with Mandos and Mercs right now this ranks so low that it isn't worth a 2nd thought...

i mean, your complaints are all purely aesthetic...

it's akin to my beef that Sith Warriors don't have lightning effects etc. (raging burst/Force scream being lightning attacks)

I'm aware. As trivial as they may seem, however, they're having a SERIOUS impact on my enjoyment of the game.

The giggle was taken out once before, so the tech is in place to get rid of it again. Likewise, letting us choose to replace powers or keep the old ones wouldn't require any new tech. These SHOULD be easy to do (though, I'll admit I'm not a programmer).

I lose nothing by asking.

I say, "Leave Boltstorm alone!" I like Boltstorm the way it is. Its appearance is strongly influenced by the colour crystal you use in your HBG. I used to use the Advanced Green Core crystals that were on direct CM sale a long time ago, until I got Boltstorm. I found that the Farmhand Blue colour crystals make the blobs look ... smaller.

Ya, I expect there are those who DO like Boltstorm. That's why I suggested putting BOTH Boltstorm AND Full Auto in the skill list, instead of replacing Full Auto completely. That way players can CHOOSE which one they want to use.

Since they're nominally the same power, using one would put both on cooldown, so there would be no reason to have both skills on your bar, and no problem with balance.