Best Mouse for TOR players with HUEG hands?

sosolidshoe

So this time around, I'm going to try being good at PvP, so I feel I should probably replace the little Tech Air laptop mouse that I've been clawhanding away with for the last year or so.

But I can't find anything decent. I have, as mentioned in the title, HUEG hands, and in addition I prefer things to be a bit on the chunky and heavy side. I used to have this amazing generic no-name brand mouse a couple of years back that cost me about a fiver, but I can't find it again. I've looked at all the big-name gaming mice, and frankly they seem like a gimmick - there is no objective reason anyone could need a 5600dpi mouse. They're also REALLY expensive.

So yeah, I ask for your recommendations for; a fairly large sized, right-handed, ergonomic wired mouse, with a chunky scroll wheel(I prefer the ones that have feedback when you scroll, but don't rattle like a bikewheel ornament), two or three large sized buttons in the thumb-region, decent build quality, the main selling point for which is NOT that it has eleventy billion DPI, and which ideally doesn't cost a fortune.

Edited by sosolidshoe

Logitech G500 comes with a weight kit to fine tune the momentum (up to 27 additional grams). I really love that feature. You can also select the dpi on the fly (perfect for pixel apps like Photoshop, BTW That is what you use high dpi for) . The scroll bar can also be adjusted for free wheeling or click by click feedback. Comes with 10 buttons including left and right scroll buttons. Memory on board the mouse, great if you have more than one computer. Best mouse I have owned.

http://www.logitech.com/mice-pointers/mice/devices/5750

Edited by Owsley

You gents and I have a rather different interpretation of "doesn't cost a fortune" I fear :D

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions, someone PM'd me as well and I think I'll take their suggestion of a Sharkoon Fireglider, seems every bit the equal of the others but for less than half the price.

Logitech G500 comes with a weight kit to fine tune the momentum (up to 27 additional grams). I really love that feature. You can also select the dpi on the fly (perfect for pixel apps like Photoshop, BTW That is what you use high dpi for) . The scroll bar can also be adjusted for free wheeling or click by click feedback. Comes with 10 buttons including left and right scroll buttons. Memory on board the mouse, great if you have more than one computer. Best mouse I have owned.

http://www.logitech.com/mice-pointers/mice/devices/5750

I use a G95x, which is a little less crazy but also has the adjustable DPI (which I don't use) and adjustable size/weight (which is awesome).

Not cheap, but you get what you pay for...

Just read the title and skipped the rest of the post, but I just want to chime in, avoid the Razer Naga. It's tiny, even for a girl like me. Try Logitech G700, it's awesome and a bit bigger. For a massive mouse? I've seen some adjustable ones that are really big, but never used them. I've only used the naga and g700

I personally feel the G500 fits my larger hand size extremely well. It feels PERFECT to me. If you have even larger hands, the Cyborg R.A.T.7 could also work. I found it is too wide at the upper part for me, as my fourth finger (next to pinkie) ends up sitting on the right mouse button. Its super adjustable though (just not for that part lol).

Just read the title and skipped the rest of the post, but I just want to chime in, avoid the Razer Naga. It's tiny, even for a girl like me. Try Logitech G700, it's awesome and a bit bigger. For a massive mouse? I've seen some adjustable ones that are really big, but never used them. I've only used the naga and g700

I completely agree - the naga is really small and quite awkward to use if you are used to slghtly larger mice. The Logitech G9 gaming mouse is a large mouse (also comes with adjustable grips and weights) and extremely comfortable - I have used it now for about two years and have found it great.

I am however looking for a mouse with more buttons as the G9 only has two on the side as well as the usual left and right and scroll wheel. I have just bought the G700 from Amazon so am hoping this will be the 'upgrade' I'm after.

I completely agree - the naga is really small and quite awkward to use if you are used to slghtly larger mice. The Logitech G9 gaming mouse is a large mouse (also comes with adjustable grips and weights) and extremely comfortable - I have used it now for about two years and have found it great.

I am however looking for a mouse with more buttons as the G9 only has two on the side as well as the usual left and right and scroll wheel. I have just bought the G700 from Amazon so am hoping this will be the 'upgrade' I'm after.

The G700 is what you are looking for so you will be very happy with your purchase. I used a Naga for years and it crapped out on me, so I decided to get the G700 (loved my old MX Revolution... IMO Logitech makes the most comfortable mice) and I love it! Tons of buttons, in good locations, and very comfortable to use!

Edited by Kryptorchid

The G700 is what you are looking for so you will be very happy with your purchase. I used a Naga for years and it crapped out on me, so I decided to get the G700 (loved my old MX Revolution... IMO Logitech makes the most comfortable mice) and I love it! Tons of buttons, in good locations, and very comfortable to use!

Agree. I tried Naga. Too small and too many buttons. The G700 you can program 7 buttons and 3 with the mouse wheel itself. That works great for me. All my heals, bubbles/guards and debuffs are on the mouse.

OP is looking for a wired mouse. That's why I recommended the G500.

I'm fairly big (199 cm/6'6 ft) and, proportionally, have quite big hands.

I'm using regular razer naga. The mouse is tiny, but it's insanely ergonomic. It was very clunky at first, but as soon as after 5 days I was totally used to it. I can use every single button on it and I never hit the wrong one. EVER.

Best investment I made in my life :p

Cyborg Rat 5 meets your requirements. It has adjustable size and weight. It feels solid enough to use as a weapon in a pinch. Should be able to get for $60.

I have to go with the Cyborg also. I have a Rat 7 mouse and whether you have giant beast man bear claws or little person hands this mouse should do the trick.