Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Grade 7 Space Missions TOO HARD!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Grade 7 Space Missions TOO HARD!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Mubrak
01.26.2021 , 10:55 AM | #121
The space missions haven't changed from back in 2013, when the grade 7 ship upgrades were cartel market items that "could also be earned by regular play".

The high price in fleet comms was the incentive to buy the upgrades from the CM. That "pay to win" aspect is long gone, but the prices never were adjusted to a setting where fleet coms are the only way to get the upgrades.

I enjoy the rail-shooter from time to time, but it always gets old long before I can afford a a fully upgraded ship. Without at least the utilities that are only available in grade 7, the heroic space missions are a nightmare.

Making EMP generator and electronic warfare pod available for credits would already help a lot.
Let us turn off that gaudy flashing icon over every vendor's head.
Let us sort our companion list and hide or kick out the unwanted ones!

http://www.swtor.com/r/rszTdG

merovejec
01.26.2021 , 12:49 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by Mubrak View Post
Making EMP generator and electronic warfare pod available for credits would already help a lot.
You can buy it all for credits from GTN.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Referral Link

Darkrebellord
01.26.2021 , 12:50 PM | #123
Some mission are too hard for some gamers especially when the game is a lopsided affair the bugs are affecting end user who raise them and they are ignore in favour of new contents instead of fixing the bugs that causing so much grieve to end users.

DarkTergon
01.26.2021 , 01:10 PM | #124
Last time I'm posting in this thread, it disgusts me that people are so ignorant that they keep saying it's a L2P issue, even though people have already said they can't do it due to physical or visual issues. I don't know if these people are just plain ignorant, or trolling, and to be honest I don't know what's worse.

Some people are trying to make the game more accessible for everyone, but it seems we have a group of players who just want to ruin other peoples fun. If I've stepped over the line again JackieQ, I apologise, I tried to let it drop, but others haven't.

People with disabilities face enough discrimination in the real world, they don't need it here.

Fluffometer
01.26.2021 , 01:32 PM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkTergon View Post
Last time I'm posting in this thread, it disgusts me that people are so ignorant that they keep saying it's a L2P issue, even though people have already said they can't do it due to physical or visual issues. I don't know if these people are just plain ignorant, or trolling, and to be honest I don't know what's worse.

Some people are trying to make the game more accessible for everyone, but it seems we have a group of players who just want to ruin other peoples fun. If I've stepped over the line again JackieQ, I apologise, I tried to let it drop, but others haven't.

People with disabilities face enough discrimination in the real world, they don't need it here.
To be fair mate I think in this thread, and others like it, it's sometimes the presentation of the argument against, or with English not necessarily being someone's native language and getting lost in translation that makes it seem like they are being dismissive. I think a lot of people, sometimes well, sometimes erm... not so well.. are genuinely trying to help by pointing out that a lot of people, certainly not all, can get through these with enough practice. Sure, there's always going to be the odd a-hat that says 'LOLZ L2P NOOB!!!111!' but I don't think that applies to all in these threads.

For the record I cannot do them - not for any reason really other than I'm a bit rubbish at this part of the game . Believe me I've tried hard as well. So, I can certainly see the increased difficulty for those with disabilities and good-on-you for championing this :-) .

As a side-thought, I've often thought that the difficulty of these missions wasn't actually intentional - in that they were obviously supposed to be a step up for the previous round of missions but someone accidentally dialled them up to 11 and then, being as this part of the game is a bit lacking in TLC, never got balanced properly.
A referral link that makes you glow in the dark and be able to communicate with cats - Clickify Me! Not really - you and I get free stuff.

farren_whyde
01.26.2021 , 01:47 PM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkTergon View Post

The game IS accessible for everyone. And it's not ignorant to say that it is a L2P issue in response to the OP, who said it was too hard. It is a fair comment. Your issue would maybe be better served in a new thread or in the suggestion box?
I'm just not a lightsaber kind of person.

Deadbladey
01.26.2021 , 03:16 PM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by farren_whyde View Post
This thread has gone way off the rails, pardon the pun.

To address the OP, Grade 7 Space Missions are not TOO HARD, they're just HARD - hence the term 'heroic'.

But they are doable. Like many others, I tried and tried, failed over and over again, and then one day I got it right - using my abilities, rolls, and learning how the missions work and when to react. And then completed all the bonus missions on them. 100% Republic, 100% Empire. I put effort in, and eventually it paid off.

It's a mixture of perseverance, practise, skill, timing and a dash of luck. There is little room for error, you have to be focused.

It's like arcade machines where there was always this one kid who always had his 3 initials at the top of the scoreboard. I don't think it's fair to say that because some people can't complete them it is therefore discriminatory... We're all good and bad at certain things. And accepting this is key to your enjoyment of the game and managing your frustrations with the game.

There are some achievements you're never going to get; either because they are time-limited, no longer available etc. and there are some achievements you're not going to get simply by virtue of being you; you don't do Ranked Warzones, you don't do NiM Operations. Or you're just not wired that way, your heart isn't in it. Rather than bemoan it, do your best, have fun and don't dwell on it!

Fun, right? That's why we play.
OP here

I have actually managed to complete some of them since I made this thread 8/12 now (Imp & Rep). Struggling with the last few cause I suck at dodging the meteors on those missions
Free stuff if you click this link and use my referral code http://www.swtor.com/r/StmHqq

Char Name: Deadley (Sith Empire) - Server: Darth Malgus

TrixxieTriss
01.26.2021 , 07:43 PM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by Deadbladey View Post
OP here

I have actually managed to complete some of them since I made this thread 8/12 now (Imp & Rep). Struggling with the last few cause I suck at dodging the meteors on those missions
Thatís awesome to hear,

I think the main issue for many players is the difference in difficulty when you go from grade 5 to grade 7 missions because there is no stepping stone in difficulty lvl (grade 6 obviously missing).
That and the need for specific gear to even survive the first 30 seconds. Which is fine as long as there is a faster or easier way for player to grind that gear and not pay millions on the GTN.

Iíve had 100% achievements for all the space missions up to grade 5 before the grade 7 missions were added. So itís not like Iím not able to memorise the patterns or react at a certain speed. The issue I have with the grade 7 missions is there is a big gap in skill or a steep learning curve to go from grade 5 to 7. Itís not progressive at all and the every day player runs into a brick wall of despair pretty quickly.

I get they are heroic lvl, but unlike other heroics in the game, which are designed so people play them in groups, these can only be played solo. Which can put them out of the skill requirement of a vast majority of players and is not always a good idea to only target a small percentage of the player base. And Iím not saying thatís the case here cause Iím sure the intent was to refresh space pve and offer a harder experience that people could progress towards). But this wouldnít be as big an issue as long as the reputation could be earned in lower grade missions.

KumbayaGOD
01.26.2021 , 10:11 PM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
You can buy it all for credits from GTN.
people quote insane price
http://www.swtor.com/r/vczzh2 click here for referal code you you get: FREE TRANSFER , FREE STUFFS, FREE 7 DAYS SUBSCRIPTION, FREE UNLOCK AND MORE

merovejec
01.27.2021 , 08:06 AM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by KumbayaGOD View Post
people quote insane price
I can give you some for free if you want, i have stocked up fleet coms on my toons since i am doing GSF for fragments for months now. The prices on DM server are mostly around 4 mil per piece.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Referral Link