Weapon in Appearence Designer OR CM Weapons BoLoE now!

Metthew

With Onslaught, it's apparent that we should be using Legacy weapons for maximum efficiency, but the appearences of Onderonian weapons leave much to be desired. Furthermore, all the pretty weapons from the Cartel Market have lower value thanks to them not being legacy bound.

There is two solutions to it, easy and hard:

Easy: make all CM weapons Bind to Legacy on Equip, the new class of binding for the crafted set items and tacticals. This would lower the value of collection unlocks, but increase the value of CM weapons immensely.

Hard: allow us to also change weapon skins in the appearence designer.

Please consider / sign, thanks!

With Onslaught, it's apparent that we should be using Legacy weapons for maximum efficiency,

I'm not sure why you say this. If you are suggesting that you should swap your Legacy weapon from character to character, I would suggest that just modding each character's weapon is as efficient in the long run. And it allows more room for individual min-max'ing.

I'm not sure why you say this. If you are suggesting that you should swap your Legacy weapon from character to character, I would suggest that just modding each character's weapon is as efficient in the long run. And it allows more room for individual min-max'ing.
If you have only two chars, that's double the number of weapons you make. Now consider those of us who play multiple specs, and will eventually make a weapon with the correct amplifier for each spec...

Hard or not, it's *also* the wrong solution. Weapons should be in a set of slots similar to but separate from Outfit Designer. My characters' weapons are not part of their outfits.

((Pedantry))

Appearance Designer isn't what you want anyway, because that's the kiosk that lets you change your character's skin, hair, size, etc. The thing that lets you set up outfits is, er, Outfit Designer.

((/Pedantry))

If you have only two chars, that's double the number of weapons you make. Now consider those of us who play multiple specs, and will eventually make a weapon with the correct amplifier for each spec...

Here you're actually arguing *against* bound-to-legacy weapons rather than in favour of them, since I presume that you're implying that the "correct"(1) amplifiers are not the same on different specs. And the "big" weapons that drop from sources that drop top-tier stuff will be Bind To Legacy On Pickup.

(1) There's a separate debate about whether, given the general (and somewhat broken(2)) concept of "Play Your Way", there *is* a "correct" amplifier. Indeed, I'm inclined to say that in *theory*, there isn't supposed to be such a thing.

(2) "somewhat" here is coded language for "catastrophically". As implemented, PYW is complete nonsense. If you aren't playing "their" way, you're going to be strongly hindered - see e.g. trying to level up from 70 to 75 by playing through KotFE (which I wanted to do on that character). My character started Chapter III and has subsequently advanced to the beginning of Chapter VIII. She started that at exactly the beginning of level 70, and is now (with Complementary Major XP boosters running) not quite level 72. My other two characters that have advanced beyond exactly level 70 did so by playing through Onslaught, one on each faction. Playing five chapters of KotFE took longer than *all* of the Onslaught story on one character, and those two characters *both* made level 75 before finishing Onslaught.

Clearly "'Play Your Way" is not meant to cover "My Way right now is following the KotFE story for this character".

Sorry. Rant over.

Hard or not, it's *also* the wrong solution. Weapons should be in a set of slots similar to but separate from Outfit Designer. My characters' weapons are not part of their outfits.

((Pedantry))

Appearance Designer isn't what you want anyway, because that's the kiosk that lets you change your character's skin, hair, size, etc. The thing that lets you set up outfits is, er, Outfit Designer.

((/Pedantry))

You speak for yourself but not everyone, many player's weapons are indeed part of their outfit. Adding weapons to outfits is a highly desired feature for this reason and it is the best answer. Cartel weapons can go in outfit slots and you can send around the actual BoL shells around as you please.

Also they won't just make Cartel Weapons BoL because unlocking that weapon in collections for all characters already comes with a CC cost. What they could do is make any cartel item that has been unlocked for the entire legacy become BoL when you retrieve a version from collections. That is as far as I see them going.

Edited by Terro_Fett

Easy: make all CM weapons Bind to Legacy on Equip, the new class of binding for the crafted set items and tacticals. This would lower the value of collection unlocks, but increase the value of CM weapons immensely.

The first option should be possible only if you unlock them account wide in collections, otherwise they should stay character bound. It's the same as with crystals and tunings. Otherwise, they would lower their profits.

The second option is much more desirable, as you could use same legacy weapon on multiple alts for stats, and all of them could use different weapon for look. This wouldn't be possible with first option.

Edited by black_pyros

Barrels and hilts, mods, and enhancements drop prolifically. And you won’t want to use the same amps between specs, in most cases. Weapon Expertise might be great for marksman, but not for the other specs. Or if you play combat sentinel, weapon expertise isn’t very good for watchman.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

So you're saying that eventually you'll have the right weapon for each character dependant on spec, with the right amplifier, also dependant on spec?

If that's the case, clearly we don't need weapons to be added to outfit designer (being pedantic and using the correct terminology).

Barrels and hilts, mods, and enhancements drop prolifically. And you won’t want to use the same amps between specs, in most cases. Weapon Expertise might be great for marksman, but not for the other specs. Or if you play combat sentinel, weapon expertise isn’t very good for watchman.

^^ This.

For example, I've mostly been playing a Gunslinger lately. She has 2 sets of pistols with 280 barrels** - the main set is all 280, the second set has some 278 mods or enhancements - plus, at this point I have about 6 extra pistols/280 barrels in Legacy storage. I have no need to swap BoL weapons between characters, plus I'm able to use the weapons I like.

Same goes for most other gear. I already have a tab in Legacy storage with extra copies of the highest level mods I've gotten so far.

In fact, one of the things that is annoying is the sheer quantity of gear drops I have to sort through after any FP.

Plus, as Rion says, you probably don't want to use the same amps for every spec.

** And speaking of "weapon outfits" my gunslinger keeps 2 different sets of pistols in inventory so I can easily swap them to match my outfit.

My Guardian has 3 weapons - a lightsaber, a shoto, and a sword - in inventory. Since there's no "weapon" in the offhand slot, I can drag the weapons to a skillbar and swap them by just clicking. (That doesn't work so well with a dual-weilder because it keeps trying to put the offhand weapon in the mainhand slot.)

I haven't been playing the Guardian as much as the Slinger yet, so it has a 278 sword and 276 shoto and lightsaber.

Edited by JediQuaker

all of my toons "choose" a weapon near their early creation and leveling and i use that same weapon only changing out the mods (edit: most of the time). would love to have weapons a part of the outfit designer so that i can save some creds by not always switching out mods. there are times, though, where i just use what drops for a while; and at other times i might use only drops until i get them to max level. However, with my Jedi i tend to pick one hilt early on and use just that hilt. with my ranged classes i may not be too picky during leveling, but try to keep the aesthetics of the toon the way i like.

for example, by BH has been using the old Hammer Station shell pistols since she got them. My Jedi Knight and Sith Warrior hav been using the same hilts since level 10. My trooper, other BH, smugglers and agents will change weapons depending on looks. My shadow and assassin do change up hilts on occasion....the point of all of this is that i would love for weapons to be a part of the outfit designer.

edit2: i dont get to play as much as i used to so changing specs is something i just dont do....dont have the time to learn multiple specs and usually takes me a couple of hour of playing when i simply switch classes.

Edited by Qouivandes

@people who argue that I can just mod a weapon for every toon: I have 5 snipers, and would like to use Weapon Expertise MH/OH, Periodic Intensity MH/OH without accuracy for PVP, and Periodic Intensity MH/OH with accuracy for PVE. With legacy weapons, I need to only construct 3 MH/OH for my characters. Without legacy, I'd need to build 15 weapons.

There's 72 weapons I'd get around to constructing if I wish to have a properly amplified weapon for every setting, WITH legacy weapons in the play. Seeing that having these weapons be legacy-bound is one of the selling points of this patch, why shouldn't the devs provide a way out for me from suffering the weapons' ugly looks?

With Onslaught, it's apparent that we should be using Legacy weapons for maximum efficiency, but the appearences of Onderonian weapons leave much to be desired. Furthermore, all the pretty weapons from the Cartel Market have lower value thanks to them not being legacy bound.

There is two solutions to it, easy and hard:

Please consider / sign, thanks!

I fully support weapon outfit slot! On one operative i use bowcaster from CM on another skiva rifle but i can't use them both on my chars since i have only one fully sloted weapon which is legacy bound ofc (since i swap it between chars). Iam not going to remove/put in all weapon parts every time i swap chars. If you dont need my money for cm market weapons so be it.

If they can't make weapon outfit they must make all weapons legacy. Both my maras use same cm sabers but i dont have two hilts with 1.20 weapon expertise (we took my 20 millions to get), two 457 power mods and 431 crit enhacements. And taking out/put in all parts to send them takes money and time..

IF they could not either make weapon outfit or make all weapons legacy they shouldn't have provided such a long and dumb rng gearing progress

What I want is the ability to preview weapon sounds. Probably never going to happen, but... a lot of blasters (including pistols, rifles, cannons) in this game sound terrible and I don't like wasting money.

Quoted for truth. Though there are some awesome people on the internet who post videos for this very purpose.

Now if you wanted to make a real useful suggestion... how about a weapon tuning for ... sounds! This way I can have that cool looking weapon AND it sounds good (& Star Warsy). That's another CM possibility too. Make money with this idea.