Purple Crystal (and schematic) - Please Read OP before posting.

Flaraza

Is this available in the game or not? - in any of its forms (exp/pow/crit/end)

I DO NOT mean magenta, or light red, or whatever colour you think looks like purple - the name is 'Purple'

I DO NOT want people telling me about the pre 1.2 vendor - or anything else (as a matter of fact I did use this vendor, but now I want more for diff characters.)

I am not interested in hearing about this rumor or that your friend who quit reckons he got it in this item box

I am mostly interested in the level 50 (although any other level is a start) crystals/schematics where they are obtained (AND WHAT TYPE i.e. pvp/crit/end/pow) And whether this is confirmed - This means its either happened to you (provide a screeny) or was stated by a Dev or valid source (link us to it.)

I must have looked through 20 threads like this and found barely more than discussion and hearsay I DO NOT WANT HEARSAY - confirmed accounts or nada

If this was intended to be in the game but isn't due to an update error or something like that link to source.

I DO NOT WANT ANOTHER 10 PAGE THREAD FULL OF RANDOM LINKS AND HEARSAY, PROPER INFO AND SOURCES PLEASE

Okay so made some headway. Brief summary:

Thanks Notears. - now we know its definitely in-game (pvp crystal schematic)

Okay so it uses the pvp crafting item therefore its a reasonable assumption that its from one of the crafting boxes, now we just need confirmation on which one.

And the PVE versions have been reportedly dropped by HM Operation bosses? - waiting on confirmations.

Made some good headway, we just need to know now if the PVE schematics are in.

Edited by Flaraza

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this available in the game or not? - in any of its forms (exp/pow/crit/end)

I DO NOT mean magenta, or light red, or whatever colour you think looks like purple - the name is 'Purple'

I DO NOT want people telling me about the pre 1.2 vendor - or anything else (as a matter of fact I did use this vendor, but now I want more for diff characters.)

I am not interested in hearing about this rumor or that your friend who quit reckons he got it in this item box

I am mostly interested in the level 50 (although any other level is a start) crystals/schematics where they are obtained (AND WHAT TYPE i.e. pvp/crit/end/pow) And whether this is confirmed - This means its either happened to you (provide a screeny) or was stated by a Dev or valid source (link us to it.)

I must have looked through 20 threads like this and found barely more than discussion and hearsay I DO NOT WANT HEARSAY - confirmed accounts or nada

If this was intended to be in the game but isn't due to an update error or something like that link to source.

There are in fact a ton.

http://www.torhead.com/search/Purple

There are in fact a ton.

http://www.torhead.com/search/Purple

This is ineffective information. Sites such as Torhead typical use datamining to compile these databases. Datamining also leads to listing items that are not currently in the game because they have not been released/unlocked yet. The information is there, but the actual item itself is inaccessible to the players until the BioWare gods smile down upon us from Mount Austin.

Edit: Your particular search shows this as well. The item Manta Landspeeder (Purple) shows up in your search, but it cannot be obtained in-game.

Edited by flyersfan

This is ineffective information. Sites such as Torhead typical use datamining to compile these databases. Datamining also leads to listing items that are not currently in the game because they have not been released/unlocked yet. The information is there, but the actual item itself is inaccessible to the players until the BioWare gods smile down upon us from Mount Austin.

Edit: Your particular search shows this as well. The item Manta Landspeeder (Purple) shows up in your search, but it cannot be obtained in-game.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/recent/CoteCorp/purplecrystal1.jpg :)

Guide: http://torwars.com/2012/01/07/video-getting-your-hands-on-that-purple-lightsaber-crystal/

Edited by Elmillia

this is what everybody says:

+41 expertise schematic drops from lvl 6 pvp crafting box.

+41 PvE schematics drop from lvl 7 fleet com crafting box

no screens have ever been shown.

Edit: regarding post above, did you make that crystal?

Edited by Samoth_Nomad

^thanks Flyer

It can drop in the crafting boxes available from the fleet comm vendor

I think it's the grade 7 box from memory

Space dailys a go go

Source?? Type?? Level?? THINK??

Come on i don't want another 10 page thread with a bunch of useless links - we have a bunch of them, Valid info or Don't post

This is a useful page but is only based on rumors - well the purple crystal part - thanks though - it DOES cover every OTHER color well..

The guide says how to get the MAGENTA crystals - that's different to purple - i have all those schematics.

The screeny is interesting though - it isn't the level 50 version but where is it from? - it doesn't look fake.

Edited by Flaraza

This actually reminds me - I've seen purple crystals popping up on the GTN, which is where I bought mine. I'm guessing you've checked yours. If you see one again, message the person selling and ask them how they got it.

The guide says how to get the MAGENTA crystals - that's different to purple - i have all those schematics.

The screeny is interesting though - it isn't the level 50 version but where is it from? - it doesn't look fake.

I dont know. The links i've posted are the best i can find from a 5 minute Yahoo search.

if its on the GTN chances are its from the pre 1.2 vendor. I did get involved with a WB run about crafting a 'purple' crystal involving one of the WBs on belsavis - but that sounds like the magenta version to me - though i didn't see it through so who knows. Edited by Flaraza

I dont know. The links i've posted are the best i can find from a 5 minute Yahoo search.

so you just searched and posted links. thank you for your incredibly useless info. We all know purple crystal exists. We all know you could buy purple crystal pre 1.2. Did you read the OP?

WE WANT TO KNOW WHERE/IF THE SCHEMATIC OR CRYSTAL DROPS HERE IN 1.2.

^Okay thanks.

Lets leave this as the last off topic post - I don't want a flame war, i want to get to the bottom of this set of items.

EDIT: So much for that, Lets get back on topic, and read the OP before posting.

Edited by Flaraza

so you just searched and posted links. thank you for your incredibly useless info. We all know purple crystal exists. We all know you could buy purple crystal pre 1.2. Did you read the OP?

WE WANT TO KNOW WHERE/IF THE SCHEMATIC OR CRYSTAL DROPS HERE IN 1.2.

That's an awesome way to get people to not help you anymore. She's obviously trying and just not coming up with the answers you're looking for.

I would like to see a video of someone getting a purple schematic (not Magenta ) or even getting a purple crystal would be fine. However, I really don't want to farm pvp/space mission crafting boxes unless I see someone open a box and get one or an official confirms the reports.

I have yet to see a single +41 PvE purple aside from the 1.1.5 vendor ones. Has anyone even claimed to have a purple PvE schematic?

I thought that the +41 PvE purple WASN'T obtainable right now, isn't that the case?

Edited by AshlaBoga

Thanks Twist - didn't think of that.

And I've heard many rumors and unconfirmed accounts of the PVE (and PVP) endgame versions being available in pvp crafting boxes. My hope in this thread is that it will confirm whether its true or not etc.

We really do need a dev giving us info on this there is too much hearsay.

even if they say the method is def in game, but it isn't the pvp boxes - At least then we can start searching.

I am quite sure the PVP version exists. Several people in other threads have stated they got them from grade 6 pvp crafting boxes. Some of them recounted how many boxes they had to open approximatly.

If you look for purple crystal schematics on torhead, you also will only find the PVP versions.

So (almost) confirmed: Purple PVP crystals (Expertise +31 or +41)

http://www.torhead.com/items/catg/6/subcatg/4/name/purple

I am quite sure the PVP version exists. Several people in other threads have stated they got them from grade 6 pvp crafting boxes. Some of them recounted how many boxes they had to open approximatly.

If you look for purple crystal schematics on torhead, you also will only find the PVP versions.

So (almost) confirmed: Purple PVP crystals (Expertise +31 or +41)

http://www.torhead.com/items/catg/6/subcatg/4/name/purple

That's still very vague and unconfirmed, we've had reports, but not so much as a screeny, if the schematic was available then a screeny wouldn't be too much to ask - also what mats does it use? (if the schematic was so easily available I'd expect this sort of info to be out in the open by now)

and torhead has a lot of stuff not in the game, its not reliable enough to confirm items being available in-game.

The item does exist - was available pre 1.2 vendor, it sounds to me like ppl are just trolling that its in the crafting boxes though.

I suppose it is a start though. maybe they'll answer this in the Q & A.

Edited by Flaraza