Is Carnage/Combat viable for PvP or do I need to go Fury/Concentration?

DesperadoIG

Hi,

As I can see, people debate if the chosen one would be Carnage or Fury.

Before making a decision, I want to say my passion to those 2 specs.

The differences from Carnage and Fury would be:

1. Carnage:

- Has more white damage, so is better heal killer than tank killer, by default, u can miss a lot of attacks. But there is a sh*t trick to this game, in stun all defense is reduced to 0. So, if u're operative, and u use evasion before stun, it's completely useless. The point is, u have white damage, but if target is stunned and u don't have obfuscation on you, u will 100% not gonna miss in pvp, not even if u have 0 accuracy.

- Has a *********** mini net, THE GORE, it's not important, yes, it's not, but against an operative, Carnage has 3 useful tools, super stun to 30 sec with berserk, ravage with 3 sec immobilize, Gore. in here gore can be useful.

- +6 % DR and Defense. Pretty useful against punishing a jugg, can't say winning 100% against him, but punishing means u have a bit more buff to avoid or reduce damage taken.

- Dps is lower, yes, unfortunately, even with fanged god form tactical, is bad. That being said, CARNAGE is not dps spec, it should be Kill spec, like MM Sniper, PT AP etc. Though those have more dps due to more free-****in-casting

- Have a lot less mobility, that's why other classes from kill specs have more dps. Since u can set the utilities, the best ones for carnage would be different totally from anni and fury, most important thing, u need to put Mad dash root cleanse.

- Has 3% more alacrity, so is amazing for leveling, but since u have so many white attacks, your question should be, do you stun a lot? if yes, then u can reduce accuracy to 0, if u don't, u would need to put more accuracy, at least 105%, But I tell u a hint, very very *****, if u put 110% accuracy, some of your attacks will still miss, I don' understand how is it possible.

- I personally think utilities can be better set up for carnage needs, but requires a lot of mastery to a specific playstyle

- Very good cleave in pve ! WHO CARES? It is trash in pvp ! because your attacks are melee, and u miss everything.

2. Fury

- Fury has 6 seconds CC immunity, god, everyone knows that, just saying biggest difference.

- Fury has more dps overall, but main source of more dps is lack of stun, ofc those 6 seconds let u free dps, make enemy run, or use insta dcd or will eat a ravage/ Furious strike etc, and also +10% critical multiplier.

- Fury has balanced state in all conditions +3 dmg increase + 3 dmg reduction to shii cho form, smash with yellow dps, which is very strong with Overwhelm, really deserve the praise to the balanced state, u can either use Raging burst, either smash.

- Jump while immobilized, Obliterate lol. Real good gap closer.

- Due to spec needs, u have yellow attacks and white attacks, and to white attacks u can also have no effect if u miss them. So to be more specifically, in my personal opinion, fury doesn't require any accuracy, so u save some stat. if u miss furious strike, it's np, if u miss obliterate np continue rotation, etc. Which allows more dps, and better cleave with smash lol

- And most important thing, in my opinion, above 6seconds of cc immunity, and 6 seconds of stun immunity to saber ward, u have 10% defense. The main problem is, that is not regular defense, that defense is total defense 10% for 6 seconds. For those 6 seconds after furious strike, u can resist everything for 10% 6 seconds.

It can also resist a stun ! This is insane, 10% is not much, right? but it's a chance, this is op, lol.

In this meta Carnage is not kill spec anymore, but fury kept it's amazing properties,

Though if u go with Carnage, u can be more bursty with the devastating furious power tactical.

I choose fury, instantly, because it has a lot more advantages and u have an easy playstyle with a lot of survivavbility and easy rotation to follow even in dynamics of pvp.

Best Regards

That was a hard read.

That was a hard read.

I'm sorry, I spent a lot of time playing All 3 specs with passion. I took my time to share these thoughts.

If the guy from above said I don't know anything about carnage, I didn't said that carnage is healer killer, I said that is designed to be heal killer. In reality, healer stun you and u never touch him with this wonderful tool called "kite"

If in 5.0-5.9, there was 2 maras, example, 1 fury 1 carnage, if u play as sorc or operative, and u get double stun, both maras dropping their burst into you, if u didn't unbreak first stun, u would die, if u did unbreak first stun, they would use GORE on you, and u die in second stun easy, because everyone knows how 5.0-5.9 was, point of this view where I say it is designed to be heal killer. Or probably our friend didn't had that experience where a carnage can dominate the battlefield if played wise, timed ability wise, etc. I had this experience at the beginning of the patch with Neyorus fury and Dhadulia carnage, raped in 1 stun, with 120-130k hp, as oper heal full gear, I looked on parse and I took 200k damage from them in 7 sec total. I didn't die, but they killed someone from my team in same amount of time, saying I am bad heal.

I don't think it's wise to underestimate right spec at right time.

But that was 5.0-5.9.

Now we're on different business.