Server lag on Darth Malgus worse after outages

Ylliarus

@TrixxieTriss

most off the players can do notting about the problems there have with the connection with the EU servers in dublin.

all is it swtiching from network provider that will still not help.

then tell me this please.

why have most off the players that have report server lagg on the DM Server only have Connection problems by playing this game and when there are playing other game's there have no connection problems to the EU servers there playing explane that is please.

the reason that other mmorpg game's company's have better servers and using more the best sure there pay more for it but thats a good investment for then to keep the players happy with there connection.

we all know that if you buy cheap things like a new pc are not good sings all since its cheap maybe for a reason.

same with the servers in dublin if there pay cheap there then it has also a lot off problems the servers have.

that means you not use the better stuff in most case and if connection is one off the things that is not good then there need to upgrade the server with better things.

in the last 9 years a lot off things has chance hard in hardware and software and if the servers in dublin still using the older hardware and software then thats the reason maybe why its so cheap since its old hardware and software there using.

It’s simple.

1. Not all players are affected. Which means it’s not the game. If every player was affected, I would say it’s 99% on BioWares end. But that’s not what’s happening. Only some players are effected.

2. It doesn’t matter what other games people play or how good they connect to them. Because they are not in the same data center as swtor and probably not even in the same geographical location.

3. Refer to my previous post about internet back bones and routing. It explains why the poster is having a problem and why it has nothing to do with BioWare.

4. If everyone here with a problem would run ping plotter and post the results like that poster did (when the problems occur), I could better diagnose what’s happening for you. My best guess is you are all being routed through that same hub that he is. And people that don’t have any problems, take a different route to servers. Which is 100% not Biowares fault and has nothing to do with them.

5. Instead of griping here, be proactive and test. That is the only way to know. And if the problem isn’t the BioWare IP, then it’s not them and they can’t help you unless it’s the IP (hop) that connects directly to theirs. Then it’s likely their ISP and they can get them to investigate. But they have no influence on anything before that.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4. If everyone here with a problem would run ping plotter and post the results like that poster did (when the problems occur), I could better diagnose what’s happening for you. My best guess is you are all being routed through that same hub that he is. And people that don’t have any problems, take a different route to servers. Which is 100% not Biowares fault and has nothing to do with them.

I did two Ping Plotter tests today. I don't really understand too much of what is going on, but I figured that in the first test, something wasn't right as I had several packet losses and high average response times all throughout the connection. I thus did a second test about half an hour later and that looked much more normal to me.

What both tests show is a big gap in response time between hop 9 and hop 10 (Level 3 in Dublin). It's double and more:

First test:

1-9: minimum response time between 30,7-37,0 ms

10: 4.69.153.230 / ae-1-8.bar1.Dublin1.Level3.net / minimum response time: 81,5 ms

11: 213.242.106.234 / 213.242.106.234 / minimum response time: 83,5 ms

12: 159.153.72.252 / 159.153.72.252 / minimum response time: 82,4 ms

I ran Ping Plotter 43 times. The average response times are terrible throughout as there were several packet losses.

Second test:

1-9: minimum response time between 29,6-36,8 ms

10: 4.69.153.230 / ae-1-8.bar1.Dublin1.Level3.net / minimum response time: 80,0 ms

11: 213.242.106.234 / 213.242.106.234 / minimum response time: 81,3 ms

12: 159.153.72.252 / 159.153.72.252 / minimum response time: 80,8 ms

I ran Ping Plotter 30 times. There was one packet loss at hop 12 which caused the average response time for 12 to jump to 98 ms. Before Dublin, the average is 35-44 ms, at 10 and 11 it's around 84 ms.

The situation for me is that I cannot play the game right now as I have constant lag in such a way that as soon as a fight starts, the game pretty much freezes for a few seconds until I get a visual update of the situation. This makes e.g. PvP impossible to play as I find myself dead before I even am able to do something and PvE group content difficult as group members wonder why I don't actually participate in the fight. A few days ago I did the Ilum event heroic and it was like this: We start the fight, I get lag, the next thing I see is that all opponents are already destroyed, without me even doing one single attack.

The "little red dot of horror" has turned into the "big red X of horror" during the last 2 weeks. That X stays for a few seconds and then I have three blue bars again. Rinse and repeat. The situation has gotten worse constantly, from week to week since early December.

I had this situation twice before: 1. February 2012. Back then, BW eventually acknowledged a problem and fixed it. 2. in 2017. I don't know how this one got solved, but I didn't do/change anything.

I want to say that I have two different ISPs available and both lead to the same lag with the game (and only this game). I also had this lag during my christmas holidays in another country where I also used two different ISPs.

Due to the test results above as well as the fact that I used 4 different ISPs in 2 different countries ever since this lag started, my conclusion is that the culprit lies in or around Dublin. Would you agree, Trixxie? Does this information help you get a better picture of the situation? I really hope that there is some fix, because as it is right now, the game is unplayable to me as the lag prevents me to fight properly.

I did two Ping Plotter tests today. I don't really understand too much of what is going on, but I figured that in the first test, something wasn't right as I had several packet losses and high average response times all throughout the connection. I thus did a second test about half an hour later and that looked much more normal to me.

What both tests show is a big gap in response time between hop 9 and hop 10 (Level 3 in Dublin). It's double and more:

First test:

1-9: minimum response time between 30,7-37,0 ms

10: 4.69.153.230 / ae-1-8.bar1.Dublin1.Level3.net / minimum response time: 81,5 ms

11: 213.242.106.234 / 213.242.106.234 / minimum response time: 83,5 ms

12: 159.153.72.252 / 159.153.72.252 / minimum response time: 82,4 ms

I ran Ping Plotter 43 times. The average response times are terrible throughout as there were several packet losses.

Second test:

1-9: minimum response time between 29,6-36,8 ms

10: 4.69.153.230 / ae-1-8.bar1.Dublin1.Level3.net / minimum response time: 80,0 ms

11: 213.242.106.234 / 213.242.106.234 / minimum response time: 81,3 ms

12: 159.153.72.252 / 159.153.72.252 / minimum response time: 80,8 ms

I ran Ping Plotter 30 times. There was one packet loss at hop 12 which caused the average response time for 12 to jump to 98 ms. Before Dublin, the average is 35-44 ms, at 10 and 11 it's around 84 ms.

The situation for me is that I cannot play the game right now as I have constant lag in such a way that as soon as a fight starts, the game pretty much freezes for a few seconds until I get a visual update of the situation. This makes e.g. PvP impossible to play as I find myself dead before I even am able to do something and PvE group content difficult as group members wonder why I don't actually participate in the fight. A few days ago I did the Ilum event heroic and it was like this: We start the fight, I get lag, the next thing I see is that all opponents are already destroyed, without me even doing one single attack.

The "little red dot of horror" has turned into the "big red X of horror" during the last 2 weeks. That X stays for a few seconds and then I have three blue bars again. Rinse and repeat. The situation has gotten worse constantly, from week to week since early December.

I had this situation twice before: 1. February 2012. Back then, BW eventually acknowledged a problem and fixed it. 2. in 2017. I don't know how this one got solved, but I didn't do/change anything.

I want to say that I have two different ISPs available and both lead to the same lag with the game (and only this game). I also had this lag during my christmas holidays in another country where I also used two different ISPs.

Due to the test results above as well as the fact that I used 4 different ISPs in 2 different countries ever since this lag started, my conclusion is that the culprit lies in or around Dublin. Would you agree, Trixxie? Does this information help you get a better picture of the situation? I really hope that there is some fix, because as it is right now, the game is unplayable to me as the lag prevents me to fight properly.

Sorry for the slow response. I’m having iPad issues and it’s difficult doing this on my iPhone.

Can you run ping plotter for 30 mins and take a screen shot. Then up load it to

Imgur so I can visually see what’s happening.

As someone who plays with normal lag over 200ms, I completely understand the frustration, especially when I’m playing PvP. But it’s not unplayable, except ranked because you’re dead before you can react.

I’m still not convinced it’s the server. It might possibly be some network device in the data centre. Or as I suspect, a out side routing issue.

It’s also possible your issue is different to other people’s, but seems similar and is just a coincidence that it’s happened at this time.

What I’m saying is there are lots of variables and we need to eliminate them one at a time to correctly diagnose the issue before jumping to conclusions that maybe wrong and won’t fix the actual problem.

So as well as posting the link to the ping plotter image, can you also tell me what graphics card are you using and the specs for the laptop (I’m assuming it’s a laptop as you are moving around)

We also need to establish wether you are using wifi, network cable, 4G, adsl, fibre etc.

It would also help to know the rough geographical locations of the 4 places you played from and are they all routed the same. If you have screen shots of each one, that would be helpful.

I had 47-53ms on EU servers (and about 100 on US) since the game start and nowadays i have 147-318ms up to 500+ lag spikes on EU and over 200-300 on US. Only one question - the heck?? My ISP dont give a hood about game ping since they "always dont have any issues on their side". I got 57ms on WoW EU, about 20-60 in CoDMW, 49-52 in BFV and ~62 in ESO. So its not my fault or my ISP's fault.

BIOWARE stop wastin time on Anthem and fix damn servers.

I had 47-53ms on EU servers (and about 100 on US) since the game start and nowadays i have 147-318ms up to 500+ lag spikes on EU and over 200-300 on US. Only one question - the heck?? My ISP dont give a hood about game ping since they "always dont have any issues on their side". I got 57ms on WoW EU, about 20-60 in CoDMW, 49-52 in BFV and ~62 in ESO. So its not my fault or my ISP's fault.

BIOWARE stop wastin time on Anthem and fix damn servers.

Please read my previous posts about ping plotter to find the cause.

• 1 month later...
Had ping spikes last night (european time) as well. Tulak Hord though, but at least two others had the same problems. For me it was the level 3 in Berlin acting up, have to check later if it got better. Edited by Padabiene