Best Assassin leveling spec?

Mondavian

Having just finished the same grind you are facing now, I found it much easier to stick to deception until the mid 30's and then switch to darkness (or madness if it suits your fancy).
Ferrigno, thank you very much for your help!

Oh my gods...

That is a question you should be asking from yourself.

What are you planning to do in the end game? Tank or DPS?

Level up in the same spec that you would use then, so you learn to play that spec.

Just looking for a little help, not an argument. No need to be rude.

Just looking for a little help, not an argument. No need to be rude.

Telling you, you have to go darkness and use dark charge. I switched to deception while leveling and while it did do damage well, I was severely lacking in survivability. You prettyt much have to use surging charge as deception and its not worth it. Don't go deception until you're 50 and decide you want to DPS in raids or something.

Deception til 25. Then respect darkness and use dps gear with as much power and surge as you can grab. You'll blow mobs away. I finished my class story at 46 with ease. I went with a death field build I think it was somethingnlike 24/0/17 but recently wither got a big buff so I'd grab that especially since inquisitors don't get a healer til late. The stacks in harnessed darkness with give your force lightning 3% heals each tick with huge dmg. Oh and use a dps companion once you get them khem sucks after 25 ish.

Lemme know if ya got any questions.

Deception til 25. Then respect darkness and use dps gear with as much power and surge as you can grab. You'll blow mobs away. I finished my class story at 46 with ease. I went with a death field build I think it was somethingnlike 24/0/17 but recently wither got a big buff so I'd grab that especially since inquisitors don't get a healer til late. The stacks in harnessed darkness with give your force lightning 3% heals each tick with huge dmg. Oh and use a dps companion once you get them khem sucks after 25 ish.

Lemme know if ya got any questions.

Thanks a ton man!

Like an earlier poster suggested I think the fastest way to level is Darkness and wearing DPS gear and NOT tank gear. (defense, absorption, shield-avoid this on gear)

Get lots of power and surge instead.

Use Andro as soon as you get him and you can get talos as early as level 34-35 I think and then use him. At that point you will be able to solo heroics at close to level and level with ease. Champion mobs? Not a problem...

With that spec and Talos once you get him no downtime.

Like an earlier poster suggested I think the fastest way to level is Darkness and wearing DPS gear and NOT tank gear. (defense, absorption, shield-avoid this on gear)

Get lots of power and surge instead.

Use Andro as soon as you get him and you can get talos as early as level 34-35 I think and then use him. At that point you will be able to solo heroics at close to level and level with ease. Champion mobs? Not a problem...

With that spec and Talos once you get him no downtime.

Do I want to keep this mentality at 50 and beyond?

ZOMG i think i forgot to tell you to use a Shield!!!

use Dark Charge for sure.

You easily solo 1 or 2 gold stars for quests

The self heals from dark charge are better now

you can tank heroics and flashpoints without changing gear too lol (til you hit 50)

lets see you have andronikos right now so, you run in (or pull)

USE DARK WARD for extra shield chance its essential for super survivability, in pvp it doesnt do much for you as it only shields "white" damage and most incoming pvp damage is "yellow" but PVE damage is white.

Thrash for energize

Shock if energize is up

Discharge so the mobs arent smashing Andronikos' face in, unless you need him to offtank, because he can do that fairly well especially with his defense CD.

Throw in a few saber strikes for force regen and target the other mobds while you are saber striking if you need more aggro on them.

I just gave this same info to my guildie who is leveling an assassin, he was deception and was about to reroll some other class, but now hes like wtfzassassinpwnz0r lol.

You should have this build http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200rcrokrsk.1

For your next steps as you level (incredibly easy, thanks to me) put 1 point into whatever you want just to get 25 total points in darkness, then throw 2 points in harnessed darkness, this will be your fav ability EVARRR! can you say healzpls!? then your next 3 points into mounting darkness and once you hit 40 grab wither and be unstoppable with even faster procs of harnessed darkness for mega damage (self healing) force lightning

So, once you have 31 points in Darkness with wither your rotation will look like this:

Dark Ward

Run to mobs

Wither (5% damage reduction to mobs & you dont need discharge anymore )

Maybe Discharge? (5% accuracy reduction to mobs use it if you are tanking in a group)

If not skip discharge, and go to shock

Wither should be back up (thrash a few times if not, if you get energize proc, save it)

Pop recklessness (especially if against a boss fight or pvp and you need extra damage)

FORCE LIGHTNING GO!! RAWR

quick use shock to use up the energize proc for max burst after that force lightning

For your gearing get as much power, wilpower, surge, endurance, crit, alac

(This is your stat gearing priority, if a new piece of gear is losing power to gain crit DO NOT take it power is what you want!!! If you stay constantly geared, you want to try to keep your stats at this: (more is required each level)

Power: much as possible lol

Surge: 75%

Crit: 25 - 28%

Endurance: is nice :p

Willpower: not a huge deal but its the 2nd most important but power still take priority

Alacrity: eh i wouldnt worry about it till 50 for pvp at a certain amount you can pick up an extra tick of Force lightning.

WHEW sorry thats a lot of info all thrown together but im watching tv :p

I would make a video for you but unfortunately im in Arizona right now and just have my mac

IF YOU KNOW OF AN EASY WAY FOR ME TO PLAY SWTOR ON MY MAC LEMMMMMMEEE KNOW

To StewyG

idk i havent tried that actually.

Ive always run deception or darkness. Madness looks like its fairly viable, but with dark charge it prohibits the use of some of the vital madness abilities.

Ive played full madness till lvl 30 and had zero problems. Was alot of fun!

At 30 i noticed khem started to fall too quick and when playing with Andronikus its like him or me half health down after a fight. Whoever had the aggro.

Then i tried full darkness build and well... it just isnt my playstyle. Hitting like 2,3 buttons and wearing down enemies is not the view i have from assassins. I never would say darkness is in any way weak, just wasnt the right thing for me (i m even sure i play darkness far from optimal)

Switched back to madness, tried to play a bit better (i know i m not a good player^^), took a closer look at khems equipment (which i hadnt spent much thought before) and it works again for me. Madness is just much more fun for my playstyle.

Just an info that madness can work as well while leveling. At least till the mid 30s as i m not higher.

I leveled deception till 23, i have little problems with packs of weak mobs with high burst and low downtime, but i tend to get in trouble on elite boss fights and if khem dies (that happens often) or i steal aggro from him i have not much time left to get boss down before getting pwned, i really felt like a glass cannon so i just respecced into madness but haven't tried yet.