Hey guys, I created a GTN price helper google spreadsheet.

neofoxe

Please take a look at it sometime. It's a bit rough around the edges and a 2 week project thus far. :) Please let me know if you like it and post replies for any tweaks you may want to the sheet. Basically just enter in a quantity and it gives you a rough idea what to sell the item(s) for on the GTN! :)

"NeoTiger's SWTOR GTN Guide": http://bit.ly/2EFzXvL

UPDATES:

1. 10/23/2018 I have a small "rights" disclaimer at the bottom anyone know any better wording for it? I wasn't exactly sure what to put in there.

2. If anyone would like to make recommendations while in-game I'd be happy to add them to google doc for consideration. My main toon is "Neofoxen" a currently L10 Gunslinger. :)

Edited by neofoxe

Thanks.

I noticed the following:

It says "To use the sheet simply enter a quantity in cell A15"

In the spreadsheet I saw, it was A13.

Sorry about that. I realized you can freeze cells in Google Sheets like you can in Excel so I've fixed that. :) Now you can view the higher level tiers without having to scroll back and forth to see the values.

Edited by neofoxe

Good idea.

Not being familiar with spreadsheets, I don't know what "quanitity" means in this context. Is it the amount of some item? How do you enter which item you want to sell?

Eg. 15 Revan Masks?

Yep, mostly meant for the crafting side of it. Like you have a stack of 20 level 3 crafting items that are blue. What to sell them for? :) According to the guide it would be 40,600 creds. :p

EDIT: I'm going to tweak the crafting numbers a bit better today as I watch the GTN market's prices.

Edited by neofoxe

Where are you getting your prices from? There is no purple weapon/armor below level 70 that is worth more than 25,000 or so since you won't be using them for long as you will out-level your gear rapidly. Cosmetic armor might be worth more for people using outfit designer, but only certain outfits are in demand.

Then there is a difference between what items are listed for, and what they actually sell for.

Plus all crafting mats are not created equal. Low-tier Underworld purples for example sell for much higher prices than low-tier diplomacy purples.

The main thing when listing on the GTN is to do a search for any crafting mats or items before putting them up for sale. Then have the brains to realize that just because someone lists rubat crystals for 10,000 credits, does not mean they are actually selling them for that price.

Where are you getting your prices from? There is no purple weapon/armor below level 70 that is worth more than 25,000 or so since you won't be using them for long as you will out-level your gear rapidly. Cosmetic armor might be worth more for people using outfit designer, but only certain outfits are in demand.

Then there is a difference between what items are listed for, and what they actually sell for.

Plus all crafting mats are not created equal. Low-tier Underworld purples for example sell for much higher prices than low-tier diplomacy purples.

The main thing when listing on the GTN is to do a search for any crafting mats or items before putting them up for sale. Then have the brains to realize that just because someone lists rubat crystals for 10,000 credits, does not mean they are actually selling them for that price.

I've been keeping a notepad running for morning and night prices and been adjusting the numbers that way from the GTN.

And about the no item worth 25k...I've been selling crafting level 4 kits with armor crafting with every single auction sold on the overnight with these prices on my vanguard. 2nd successful night.

Edited by neofoxe

And about the no item worth 25k...I've been selling crafting level 4 kits with armor crafting with every single auction sold on the overnight with these prices on my vanguard. 2nd successful night.

You have? I can't imagine why, but then I suppose some people think low-tier purple armor is actually worth getting. The stats are obsolete in about 2 levels and cosmetically they're identical to their cheaper blue counterparts. I just assumed it was only the occassional clueless newbie buying that stuff, but who knows.

It still seems like a major waste of credits to me, but if it sells, it sells.

You have? I can't imagine why, but then I suppose some people think low-tier purple armor is actually worth getting. The stats are obsolete in about 2 levels and cosmetically they're identical to their cheaper blue counterparts. I just assumed it was only the occassional clueless newbie buying that stuff, but who knows.

It still seems like a major waste of credits to me, but if it sells, it sells.

Because unless you're a fulltime gamer it takes people a good amount of time to level and do planets. I'll admit I'm a casual, about 20 hours or so a week, mostly on the weekends. Also, that "assumption" is what I'm trying to mitigate and help people with using the guide. :)

Edited by neofoxe

You'd be surprised.

There are plenty of purple gear pieces that sell for well over 25,000 credits. Several times more for most of them, in fact. While the stats that are attached to them have limited utility and are quickly out-leveled, that presumably isn't why most people buy them. They sell for much more based on their cosmetic value.

Ditto for some of the crafted orange shells.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

You'd be surprised.

There are plenty of purple gear pieces that sell for well over 25,000 credits. Several times more for most of them, in fact. While the stats that are attached to them have limited utility and are quickly out-leveled, that presumably isn't why most people buy them. They sell for much more based on their cosmetic value.

Except that the purple crafted are cosmetically identical to the blue prototypes you have to re-engineer to get the recipes from. See the alusteel onslaught (basic imperial uniform) vs mullinine onslaught. Mullinine is much, much cheaper to make, and has the exact same appearance as the alusteel version. https://torf.mmo-fashion.com/alusteel-onslaught-imp/

It's also cheaper to buy the basic orange shells from the adaptive armor vendor and upgrade with the green mods than to buy the gear off the gtn if you're looking to upgrade your equipped gear.

Which goes back to - there are a lot of people paying way too many credits for basically useless stuff.

I do a fair amount of crafting, and set my selling prices according to what I think they're worth based on mat prices, time to craft, and the profit I want. If something costs 10,000 credits to make then I'm not listing it for 200,000 credits (or 199,999 credits like the GTN 'experts' do) just because that's what someone else listed it for.

You'd be surprised.

^What he said!

Heck low level crafted Hilts were in the Hundreds a couple weeks ago! Like what the heck!?

Good idea.

Not being familiar with spreadsheets, I don't know what "quanitity" means in this context. Is it the amount of some item? How do you enter which item you want to sell?

Eg. 15 Revan Masks?

Sorry if I didn't answer your question before...my cell on the fritz. 15 revan masks are single stack units and orange colored IIRC. I didn't want to include orange gear or cartel gear on here as that becomes almost a philosophical debate. :p