Why is there no deserter debuff for Warzones?

Lium

This is a major problem on the Republic side, which, at least on my server, is absolutely TERRIBLE at PvP. We frequently get owned in all Warzones and the games are just outright massacres. By they way, imps, if you're frustrated with your server, then Prophecy of the Five is the place for you. Seriously. No exaggeration. I'm being 100% honest. Reroll on POT5 and you will be fully geared in an hour or two. Republic is that bad.

But I digress.

Because Republic is so abysmal on the server, people are just bailing on the groups early. So, naturally, the poor SOB who is next in the queue takes the deserter's place. And nine times out 10, this person gets no valor, no medals, no nothin'. Complete waste of time and it is very, very aggravating.

Why is there no debuff for this? I've been told there's one for rated Warzones. I know there's a debuff for leaving flashpoints early. So what's the deal? Has this been addressed?

And if it has, please point me in the right direction where the info is and disregard this thread. Thanks.

OP, I agree with you. My PvP server is Pot5 and I rerolled on Sith side and it's like day and night. I just log in Rep side just to see if any guildie is online then either head to the Sith side or to the PvE server. Reps on the PvE server are better at the WZs then the Reps on the PvP server.

comments like this make me laugh. grass is always greener, it's just some are too ignorant to admit it

comments like this make me laugh. grass is always greener, it's just some are too ignorant to admit it

Have characters on both factions on Pot5. Seen the difference first hand. Both at cap and under 50.

Have characters on both factions on Shadowlands. Again both at cap and under 50. Both Reps and Imps on there are better teammates than I've seen on Rep Pot5 again first hand.

So at least I'm not just spouting off at the mouth on something I didn't witness myself. Unlike some people

I also have some on Jedi Cov but I haven't done 1 WZ there so I can't compare that one.

Edited by Jacen_Starsolo

I call shennanigans on people ending WZs without a single medal 9/10 times.

Firstly the 1 point for loss will mitigate bailouts at the very late stage plus whoever logged into a match that didn't leave him enough time to get a single medal lost more time on the loading screens than in the match. The way the game throws medals at you it's basically 1 decently placed AOE taunt or one crit hit/heal to grab a medal. If you can't manage that in less than 120 seconds of a match there's other things that need addressing on your end.

I call shennanigans on people ending WZs without a single medal 9/10 times.

Firstly the 1 point for loss will mitigate bailouts at the very late stage plus whoever logged into a match that didn't leave him enough time to get a single medal lost more time on the loading screens than in the match. The way the game throws medals at you it's basically 1 decently placed AOE taunt or one crit hit/heal to grab a medal. If you can't manage that in less than 120 seconds of a match there's other things that need addressing on your end.

I've been placed in some that end before I can take that bike ride before the ship is dead. And can't even leave the starter area in Buttball. And the list goes on that end before being even really able to join. I just think "oh well, it helps my daily at least."