Operation access for everyone.

Ok title might be bit misleading..

What I'm looking at a lot of people on the server trying to get to see new endgame content are often looking for a group finder spot, they may not be in a guild or the guild doesn't have enough online people for a ops themselves.

Now I like the feature to use GF for this but there is often a catch that comes with it and often a pug op will fall apart due to a wipe or two cause some people or most just don't know the fights (most of us has seen this) and its often hard to find enough tanks to refill if they leave etc... We all also have seen people looking for healers, dps and tanks (rare breed) but often if not always they ask for them to know the fights.. of course it rules out a fair deal of players.

Now my suggestion is pretty simple, make these ops into 4 man tier 2 flashpoints, kind of like how lost island was versus the other 50 Hardmodes at the time.

1. Keep the mechanics as much as possible (good trainer for new players to be better in 8/16 man ops)

2. Difficulty level.. Hardmode of course only option. The tweak will of course take some thinking but I can see to be able to do it well a 50/50 mix of 66/69 gear would be needed (much same as for regular SnV/TfB SM/HM's). They should be tougher then a 55 HM but bit under or at par with SM 55 Ops just tuned for 4 people.

3. Drops.. I guess as further you can get the better the rewards in the op. Let maybe the final boss drop 72/75 piece and rest 69/72 depending on amount of bosses in the operation.

What's the advantages? well its easier to find 4 people for this (note this is a reason Bioware themselves used to remove the ranked 8 man from pvp in 2.4) and people would be better prepared for 8/16 man SM/HM ops in group finder. I can see this helping the player community cause we'll get a more competent player base and less frustration.

Of course this is just a suggestion but if Bioware really cares bout their players why not take a serious thought about it? Its more content for MORE endgame players, more rewards and its already in the game (more or less)...

I think plausibly that it's more a community issue than a 'we need an halfway point' issue, personally.

I have run very few operations. Just don't interact enough to know any serious raiding guilds. The few times I have, it was kind of nice (just the other day I backfilled for a guild's healer in SM EV).

But those are pretty much exceptions. I have had a GF FP shut down because the others were in a guild, that was starting an op. And then, they invited me to join to make up for it, only to immediately turn around and say "No, wait, there's a guild member who wants the spot instead, get out". After I had blown the emergency fleet pass.

The risks are too high, and the rewards too low, for guilds to take a chance and invite random people in to join them.

I could go into a long explanation of just what I think is wrong with the whole thing, but it could very easily show off my lack of experience in operations. It feels like the only way I could ever get to experience them would be if they make a way for me to use my legacy to have all of my alts join me on an operation.

There is nothing wrong with GF as a mechanic, the problem here is with players not understanding instructions, players not having patience and some players just being stupid or not understanding English :p I solve this by never ever doing GF stuff without a full group of friends or guildmates, and it has kept me none frustrated since a few weeks after Group Finder got introduced =k)

Of course this is just a suggestion but if Bioware really cares bout their players why not take a serious thought about it? Its more content for MORE endgame players, more rewards and its already in the game (more or less)...

I disagree. Story mode content is very easy and accessible. It is also very forgivable. I believe ops should not have a lower tier flashpoint option. If people wish to see the current story mode operations it is easy to find a good guild, or even a good pug, to go with.

The intent of operations is to be a larger group with more work than a normal flashpoint. I believe the content you are looking for is already in the game. As flashpoints suit the needs of those who cant or dont want to put the effort into finding/forming a larger group.

I would honestly find it hard to believe that there are people who have the desire but are unable to complete a story mode operation.

in wow clones story mode was made to allow everyone to see end game content. it works fine for that purpose. so does a lfd or even responding to lfm in general chat to get said ops group.

there will always be for multiple reasons a ops group breaking up. it isn't like this game invented that behavior and not the end of the world. just try again next week after the lock out resets and continue on.

Of course this is just a suggestion but if Bioware really cares bout their players why not take a serious thought about it?

Seriously, so loaded. You mean that if they don't do it then they do not care about players?

To make the operations easier some mechanics that make them difficult will be removed. Mechanics are what players are expected to understand an be familiar with.