STUPID changes for 5.3 Mando/Merc

Aetideus

No other word would characterize those.

They are bad for PvE and PvP. They will have no effect on mass rerolling Merc and 4 mercs vs 4 mercs in yolo.

The application of current dcds in WZ are prohibiting any focusing on the spec (while the rest 3 hitting) while the ridiculous dps reduction still allows for globaling.

Instead of changing the massive dcds application they penalize pve...

Try playing WZs BW for 2hrs for once.

Edited by Aetideus

They ALWAYS penalize PvE with their PvP adjustments. It has never been the other way around.

They always **** US UP over PvPers. The merc/mando changes are absolutely unhealthy PvE wise.

They should NOT go live, or they should simply separate the damage output/utilities for PvE and PvE - the same way GW2 did it.

They are bad for PvE and PvP. They will have no effect on mass rerolling Merc and 4 mercs vs 4 mercs in yolo.

The application of current dcds in WZ are prohibiting any focusing on the spec (while the rest 3 hitting) while the ridiculous dps reduction still allows for globaling.

Most people agree on this point, even Merc haters. The only DPS they should have touched on mercs is The critical damage bonus provided by Target Tracking, they should have lost that a long time ago, just like all the other classes did in 4.0. You can't justify 35k Heatseekers in this meta.

The changes will be more felt in PVE. In PVP the difference will be negliable over all and mercs will still remain defensively OP.

Until they make a separation of builds/utilities for PVE and PVP, it's impossible to make needed changes in one area of play without effecting the other area of play. One mode of play can't take precedence over another, you can say it isn't fair to mercs in PVE and you'd be right, but by the same token, leaving things as is isn't fair for PVP so it's a no win situation.

They should have addressed utilties first, had they done that they could have handled the situation more appropriately by chopping down their DCDs which is the main point of contention.

The critical damage bonus provided by Target Tracking was the only justified move they made. They should have left the DPS alone otherwise.

I believe the concept about letting mercs keep the crit dmg was due to the fact that we didn't have many survival DCDs pre-5.0. However, majority of the community actually were not complaining about Merc DPS numbers, just the fact that our DCDs were really strong. What I was hoping for was seeing the amount of trauma regulator stacks reduced or the percentage of the healing reduced, same with Kolto Overload-reduce the healing, and honestly responsive safeguards(the reflect) I wouldn't mess with and if anything increase the cooldown on it. These DPS nerfs were a huge blow to this class especially in PVE and I might as well be throwing pillows in PVP.

I believe the concept about letting mercs keep the crit dmg was due to the fact that we didn't have many survival DCDs pre-5.0. However, majority of the community actually were not complaining about Merc DPS numbers, just the fact that our DCDs were really strong. What I was hoping for was seeing the amount of trauma regulator stacks reduced or the percentage of the healing reduced, same with Kolto Overload-reduce the healing, and honestly responsive safeguards(the reflect) I wouldn't mess with and if anything increase the cooldown on it. These DPS nerfs were a huge blow to this class especially in PVE and I might as well be throwing pillows in PVP.

Just move Up to 70% Kolto Οverload to PTs and everyone would be happy. Reduce 3 lives of Mercs to 2 and make PT viable in yolo.

Edited by Aetideus

Once the changes go live, assuming they follow previous behavior and fail to listen, everyone playing merc/mando should go find another game. Let BW feel it on the bottom line. That is the only thing that has EVER gotten their attention. I'll be in ESO full time, but there are lots of games out there with real content and a few out there with dev teams that actually seem interested in their players.

Once the changes go live, assuming they follow previous behavior and fail to listen, everyone playing merc/mando should go find another game. Let BW feel it on the bottom line. That is the only thing that has EVER gotten their attention. I'll be in ESO full time, but there are lots of games out there with real content and a few out there with dev teams that actually seem interested in their players.

Eso and real content ? loooooooooooooool

i somewhat like that game but the commbat + mechanics are a borked pile of mess... especialy for PvP..... its just Broken....

So I kinda play a merc. I play all classes really. I agree with you. To be honest I think the only thing that need to be nerfed was the God bubble. However, even though I've been playing this game for a few years i am not that well versed to make an educated post on what should be changed. Why dont you? Like dig deep and give explanations on what should change and why it should change and how it would help both pvp and pve.

So I kinda play a merc. I play all classes really. I agree with you. To be honest I think the only thing that need to be nerfed was the God bubble. However, even though I've been playing this game for a few years i am not that well versed to make an educated post on what should be changed. Why dont you? Like dig deep and give explanations on what should change and why it should change and how it would help both pvp and pve.

A lot of people have post opinions about a reasonable nerf to Mercs dcds.

Mine is just move the 70% Kolto overload utility to PTs. Actually reducing the 3 lives of mercs to 2.

No dps nerfs and PTs become viable again.

Edited by Aetideus

A lot of people have post opinions about a reasonable nerf to Mercs dcds.

Mine is just move the 70% Kolto overload utility to PTs. Actually reducing the 3 lives of mercs to 2.

No dps nerfs and PTs become viable again.

PTs need more than that to be viable. But that's a big step in the right direction.

PTs need more than that to be viable. But that's a big step in the right direction.

The current problem of PTs in 5.0 is actually...mercs. There was no big problem (if any) before.

If mercs are allowed to cast free, any spec without "leave me alone" utility (eg. Juggs - PTs) are focused and out first.

Imo, a reasonable nerf to Mercs will be vital for PTs, Juggs.

They ALWAYS penalize PvE with their PvP adjustments. It has never been the other way around.

They always **** US UP over PvPers. The merc/mando changes are absolutely unhealthy PvE wise.

They should NOT go live, or they should simply separate the damage output/utilities for PvE and PvE - the same way GW2 did it.

wrong, the actual nerf is a pve nerf.

merc arsenal outperforms according to a "Ranged Burst Damage Dealers (down to -5% of target DPS)" spec.

period.

Edited by Thaladan

Once we are happy with the damage output, we can start adjusting utilities to give those that need it a boost and others that are too powerful a reduction.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9333043

So for 5 moths QQ in the forums for merc survivability, plus who knows how long studied before 5.0, the only thing you managed :D are those groupings.

And when the illumination reaches your intellect - who knows when - you ll end to the QQ demands.

So, a year ahead of merc rerolling for pvp .

Is it really so difficult to nerf 1 of the main Merc dcds? Even if you are wrong Merc would still have 2 lives.

Edited by Aetideus

• 2 weeks later...
Uh...you can justify 35k heatseekers in this meta. Hell, all burst classes should have 35k+ moves. TTK is too high. 3.0 pvp required actual awareness, positioning, knowledge of other burst specs, and good use of defenses. Now people just randomly hit stuff because everyone is a livelord. Edited by Hoppinswtor

• 2 weeks later...

arsenal averages 9k on a dummy. just did 3 test parses. 41 percent crit, 9050 dps...

arsenal is officially 4 percent worse than lightning now.

this company is completely clueless. your playerbase already hates you, so instead of buffing weak classes to balance, you nerf strong classes. why make everyone mad when you can make some people happy?

Edited by Hoppinswtor

arsenal averages 9k on a dummy. just did 3 test parses. 41 percent crit, 9050 dps...

this company is completely clueless. your playerbase already hates you, so instead of buffing weak classes to balance, you nerf strong classes. why make everyone mad when you can make some people happy?

I have to assume that they thoroughly tested the changes they made before releasing this patch. So Bioware would of course be aware that these kinds of parses would be the norm. It's pretty disgusting to think they would knowingly release a change this unbalanced. If they released this patch without the awareness of the extreme nature of the nerfs they were imposing, that would also be exceptionally egregious wouldn't you say? Like, beyond unacceptable. Either way, this is ludicrous. Damage was never the problem with this class anyway.

Edited by DsevenO

And I'll still play the class in PvE content, you know why? Because I've been maining merc through thick and thin. This is no different to when no-one wanted a merc in ops because snipers ruled.

Balance has never been a strong point of the combat team, they've always over reached with changes that didn't fit their design goals and target dps.

And I'll still play the class in PvE content, you know why? Because I've been maining merc through thick and thin. This is no different to when no-one wanted a merc in ops because snipers ruled.

Balance has never been a strong point of the combat team, they've always over reached with changes that didn't fit their design goals and target dps.

Same, I've been a arsenal merc since launch, the roller coaster ride that is this class continues.