Make more story mode flashpoints! ><

Yeah, coming back and seeing most of the old flashpoints are now story mode is possibly the most entertaining thing so far. I know it's not going to give me any real end-game level stuff, but the idea of just doing them for poops and giggles and actually not having to dice roll to decide those light/dark actions with three other people is satasfying beyond all belief.

So why not make them all like that? With command point system, who cares if you'd be level 70 by the time you reach Tatooine in the storyline progression? as long as I'm racking up some points to something, it's still worth it. Maybe even do this for ops too. Like super story modes.

Not for those wanting to get some gear, but just for those who want to get through the story and actually see things. Do you know how long it takes for a whole ops to form? I've had WoW dungeons take less time when not set on random! Games shouldn't always be about how fast you can get to the end and get the shiniest gear. Trust me, I've been around Goldshire long enough to know that way leads to things beyond the dark side....

P.S. in your next expansion, actually go back to basic and have class specific gear. The fact that the endgame armor for my BH and Trooper is the same is...just embarassing and literally says "We don't care, give us money!" shame on you! put some effort into it!

I'm really wondering why weren't all FP adapted into solo-mode, I believe a few aren't, heck colicoid hasn't even been synched to level 70 from what I hear. You're in luck since it seems any flashpoint they ever release will have the 3 modes, solo/story, veteran which was the old tactical and master which is the hard mode.

I disagree with the suggestion for solo ops, there isn't a lot of story you're missing there so I see no point in it.

Yeah depending on the ops and time of day it can take a while for the group to form, so far with the traitor arc they've kept the solo mode there so I think any story going forward will likely be treated in the same way.

Not even but the endgame gear looks terrible, save for a few of the sets, I understand it's supposed to be high tech but jesus that saberstaff for the assassin/shadow... a crime of fashion.

They dont all have solo modes due to mechanics. Even in FPS like Bloodhunt the people still complain the "Jesus Droid" jumping up to the boss that is not in battle and messing up the whole fight. So its clearly not possible to code properly, thats why all are not with Solo mode.

Okay, well I don't know much about programming, but isn't there a way they could reprogram the boss fight mechanics for the flashpoints so they could be accomplished in story? Just saying, maybe not tweak the bots and instead tweak the boss?

Also, yeah the end gear is okay, but what gets me is that they are not unique anymore. There used to be a diff between Knight and Warrior endgame gear and such, now they wear the same thing. This has always been a peeve of my in games with factions because it just screams "we don't care."

Okay, well I don't know much about programming

That is easier said than done.

The thing with coding is that everyone does it as he sees fit. The original programers are long gone from Bioware and to pick up the work of someone can be really stressful, mainly if he didnt leave notes, hints etc. There are quite a few ways you can write the same thing and the code of swtor is getting more and more complex. This means you sometimes break something when you want to introduce or even fix something.

The current Devs know this and thats why they dont touch it.

Okay, but some of them they can go over and see again if it's possible. You can't tell me Hammer Station wouldn't be doable as a solo run. There is not a single boss in that run that doesn't involve hitting them until they die. Same for that one archaeology one.

Okay, but some of them they can go over and see again if it's possible. You can't tell me Hammer Station wouldn't be doable as a solo run. There is not a single boss in that run that doesn't involve hitting them until they die. Same for that one archaeology one.

You are not looking at it from a programmers point of view.

For example in Hammerstation you have the first boss DN-314-Tunnelbauer doing the beam attack. Its one of those attacks that are supposed to insta kill the person getting the beam. Probably this would be doable to reduce the damage cause it would kill the Support droid.

The 2nd boss is fine, but the problem are the last boss and the bonus boss. You see they both have knockbacks, those could cause that the Support droid is knocked off the edge and you are alone against the boss. This is something they probably cant figure out, but thats just my guess. It might sound simple to you, but not to a programmer.

You are not looking at it from a programmers point of view.

For example in Hammerstation you have the first boss DN-314-Tunnelbauer doing the beam attack. Its one of those attacks that are supposed to insta kill the person getting the beam. Probably this would be doable to reduce the damage cause it would kill the Support droid.

The 2nd boss is fine, but the problem are the last boss and the bonus boss. You see they both have knockbacks, those could cause that the Support droid is knocked off the edge and you are alone against the boss. This is something they probably cant figure out, but thats just my guess. It might sound simple to you, but not to a programmer.

You're making it sound like it would be almost impossible to make this fp's solo-able. Yet pretty much all of them already can be done solo in vm anyway. All they would need to do is making the kolto-thingies clickable even if you're alone and reduce the health/damage of mobs/bosses a bit.

They don't need to add a gsi-droid, the last couple of sm fp's don't have a gsi-droid in sm either.

There are very few fights that might need some kind of mechanic change in order to make it solo-friendly, for the rest a simple damage/health reduction will be enough, even for sm-fp players (no offense)

Edited by mrwayn

may be instead of requesting flashpoint / op solo, it will be better to request from dev to do like the shadow of Revan extension by giving player the choice by following the story in doing flashpoint/op or daily/solo missions.

You're making it sound like it would be almost impossible to make this fp's solo-able. Yet pretty much all of them already can be done solo in vm anyway

You fail at pointing out the level.

everyone assumes level 70, giving a BEEEP about low level characters.

Well this badmouthing of low-level characters and their content is partly the result of Bioware / EA pushing everyone into subscription area aka level 70.