Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Galactic Command Gearing Changes, 5.1 and Beyond

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lazaros_Chatzi
01.21.2017 , 03:11 AM | #101
A few of these changes do seem to improve a liitle bit the system but still...I don't understand; is it so hard to make GCP legacy wide? And instead of beibg more simple it gets even more complicated and a nuisance. Just reading the changes made me have a headache .
My Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Hgxtl5 for a 7-day free subscription, 1 free character trandfer and in-game rewards.

Liquor
01.21.2017 , 03:23 AM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

Since the launch of Knights of the Eternal Throne, we have received a lot of great feedback about the gearing changes we made through Galactic Command. In this post, I want to highlight the changes we are making next week. However, we know this will not address all of your concerns, so let’s also talk about additional changes we plan to make.
Spoiler

We want to thank all of your for your continued feedback about Galactic Command. Please keep it coming!

-eric
So looking at past community manager comments, replies, and Streams the Debs replaced a "Complicated Comm/Crystal System" with an "Updated Convoluted Token System"?

Read it, any new player or simple minded casual wont know where to begin let alone how to min/max their gear. PvP already has level 70 players missing mods and enhancements, thats if they are not wearing the DvL event XP gear still.

Youre pushing the veteran and alt player base away from the game. Subscriptions are in ICU and youre just pulling the plug on them. Cartel Market is a joke and wont last long when the servers are empty.

Command XP needs to be legacy wide. whatever ranks we have on all our alts should add up. those that have multiple characters with Command Ranks have put in the time and effort to gain these ranks. All their characters inside their Legacy should have 1 combined rank. Legacy gear and points to save what little subs you have left.

Unassembled Gear Pieces and Where to Find Them
Spoiler

and

Unassembled Components and Their Vendor
Spoiler

and

Unassembled Pieces and Command Token Costs
Spoiler

How is this system (Post 5.1) any better than the Pre-5.0 Comm/Crystal Gear System? The paying subscribers don't see it, the F2P are fed up as they have to use old set bonus armorings if they happen to have them. They will not sub up for a month at a chance to get a few set bonus armorings. They wont get a full set of Tier 1 set bonus armorings, thats been proven by many players with command rank above 150 with only 1 or 2 armroings.

___

Quote: Originally Posted by Ruskaeth View Post
Exactly.

This concept made me giggle. Grind to get a crate and tokens. Buy a boost with tokens and disintegrate whatever was in the crate. Repeat. Faulty system does not require slight of hand pseudo-effects to seem faster or better. It needs a redesign.
Its like they are feeding us tokens and when we eat enough of them we need to use the bathroom. when we open that crate up, we get to wipe our asses with it and flush it down the toilet.

Good talk BioWare
7 Day FREE Subscription + free stuff -----> REFERRAL LINK
SWTOR.tv <--- Link to all my streams, UI Settings and Discord
Grand Möff Kilran - Sýlas - Harkún
AKA: knowmyname -=- #NerfOperatives

Eli_Porter
01.21.2017 , 03:28 AM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Liquor View Post
How is this system (Post 5.1) any better than the Pre-5.0 Comm/Crystal Gear System? The paying subscribers don't see it, the F2P are fed up as they have to use old set bonus armorings if they happen to have them. They will not sub up for a month at a chance to get a few set bonus armorings. They wont get a full set of Tier 1 set bonus armorings, thats been proven by many players with command rank above 150 with only 1 or 2 armroings.
CXP = Gear is much simpler than the previous crystal system.

5.1 doesn't complicate it for new players, they just get new currency in the background that they don't need to use instantly. In fact, the more you hold onto the new currency the better.

ChristophersonC
01.21.2017 , 03:47 AM | #104
Here is a question i don't think anyone has asked yet. So i know Command Tokens will be granted retroactively based on your command level, but what about any unopened crates you have on Tuesday?

Say i have a Command Level 5 character, and i have not opened any of the crates i have gotten yet. On 5.1 i should receive 25 command tokens just for being command level 5, but will i still get tokens in the crates if opened after 5.1?

Any clarification is much appreciated,
The Moisture Farmers

RahaylaCora
01.21.2017 , 04:46 AM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Eli_Porter View Post

5.1 doesn't complicate it for new players, they just get new currency in the background that they don't need to use instantly. In fact, the more you hold onto the new currency the better.
I think you are wrong. In 4.0 you could check the gear price, and play for the crystals, or loot, that you needed to buy it. It could take you more or less time, but you could make plans and work for a progression. In the meantime, you could feel that you were "working" for something. Actually, for the same effort, you don't know if you are being rewarded somehow. Yes, you raise your GC levels, but rewards are a random mistery.

For a new player, everything is new, so he can enjoy playing the game while getting random things, but for a veteran that has experienced the same game content in the same places against the same enemies until being fed up, this new system makes you feel like wasting your time as you can't see and feel instant reward (a few crystals, or "coins") for your gear progression.

Of course, the lack of enough new replayable content mixed with the old one makes the game a deja-vu less interesting (and boring). New players will not complain until they reach the veteran stage.

blackphantome
01.21.2017 , 04:57 AM | #106
I'm not sure if I missed it but wasn't their a thread about alternative things to buy with those tokens like decoration etc.? Or am I mistaken? Thanks for replies!
I did not steal your droid.

Wintersportverein Tatooine

Liquor
01.21.2017 , 05:04 AM | #107

Quote: Originally Posted by RahaylaCora View Post
I think you are wrong. In 4.0 you could check the gear price, and play for the crystals, or loot, that you needed to buy it. It could take you more or less time, but you could make plans and work for a progression. In the meantime, you could feel that you were "working" for something. Actually, for the same effort, you don't know if you are being rewarded somehow. Yes, you raise your GC levels, but rewards are a random mistery.

For a new player, everything is new, so he can enjoy playing the game while getting random things, but for a veteran that has experienced the same game content in the same places against the same enemies until being fed up, this new system makes you feel like wasting your time as you can't see and feel instant reward (a few crystals, or "coins") for your gear progression.

Of course, the lack of enough new replayable content mixed with the old one makes the game a deja-vu less interesting (and boring). New players will not complain until they reach the veteran stage.
Agreed

it is more complicated than Pre-5.0

Pre-5.0 System
PvE
Operations Unassembled Gear = Turn in for Set Bonus Gear - 3 tiers for SM, HM, and NiM (no requirements for upgrades)
Comms/Crystals = PvE Gear (Good Operation starter gear)

PvP
Comms = Set Bonus Gear which can be upgraded to a 2nd tier (Best Operation starter gear and easy to attain)

Remember they pushed out the WZ Comms from 20K weekly cap to 200K. Lowered gear comm costs so players could gain gear quickly. That all changed with 5.0 where it is RNG based. Even with 5.1 changes, you need tokens to get the gear, which is crates.

Pre-4.0 you can gear up full PvP gear tier 1 in a week. have your set bonus ready for SM operations. or push out another week to get enough WZ comms for tier 2 PvP. whereas with Post 5.0 there are players at 150+ rank that dont have 3 or more set bonus items let alone a complete 6-piece set bonus.

The token system will not help. We need tier 1 shells to turn in with tokens for tier 2. now, how many of these tier 2 and tier 3 ranked players have their old shells still? They will have to grind it all out again for the shells.

anyone saying this 5.1 token system is better than Pre-5.0 gearing is drinking too much BW kool-aid

Eli_Porter
01.21.2017 , 05:05 AM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by RahaylaCora View Post
You had to navigate through vendors and four different forms of currency to get your gear. That's much more time consuming than opening a crate.

Liquor
01.21.2017 , 05:20 AM | #109
You had to navigate through vendors and four different forms of currency to get your gear. That's much more time consuming than opening a crate.
but you can waste hours of time gaining CXP for rank and a crate only to open 10 crates and get nothing, let alone the 1 item you need

I run 3 jugg tanks for gear, I have multiple doubles and triples of items i dont need, yet still havent gotten the implants, relics, and main/off hands i need. rank 50 on 2 and 90 on the third. 5.1 is not going to improve the situation.

comm/crystal system was much faster and did not rely on a Random Number Generator loot crate for gear.

Thaladan
01.21.2017 , 05:32 AM | #110
it's not enough.
Elite warlord sorcerer- sniper - powertech