Crafting Broken in 2.7

Leafy_Bug

Dear BW,

As someone who has been crafting since the servers have come back online, I can tell you the following :

10. Adept 34 : No crit

10 Initiative 34 : No Crit , 1 Crit

10 Might 34 : No crit

10 Bastion 34 : No crit

I am using maxed companions with legacy perks and this is kind of a joke, excuse my engineering parlance.

Yeah, I really hate to be "that one." I just logged on earlier this evening, purchased an offhand. Re'ed the hilt and got the Advanced Might Hilt 34 schematic on that first try. I then began crafting advanced might hilt 34's using Scourge. First, no crit. Second, critted. Third, no crit. And here we are.

I thank your poor RNG fate for my good fortune.

But, in reality, the truth is that "small sample size is small."

I'd say the system is broken more because armoring, mods, and enhancements use the same materials as hilts, which are a far better way for a buyer to spend their cash.

I was seeing some 2-3 million credit mods last night, and I couldn't help but laugh. But hey, if you're finding nutjobs who think that one enhancement is going to add 3 million credits worth of usefulness to their character, more power to them I suppose.

Sometime you get lucky and sometimes the rng gods don't like your sacrifice

This.

Last weekend I crafted ten augments on my JK synthweaver (that's two +5 crit companions: Kira and ship droid). I got ten augments (that's zero crits). Was I upset? A little. Did I come to the forums to gripe? No. Because when you craft as much as I do, you see plenty of lows and highs (last night I crafted five augments and got nine :)).

I just want to make sure, you got your Companion affection maxed out right? Sometimes a story conversation will put them below 10,000 max. Also if you unlock HK or Treek (they have +1 to craft), and get the "Legacy of Crafting" unlock, that adds an extra 4% chance to crit.

I'd say the system is broken more because armoring, mods, and enhancements use the same materials as hilts, which are a far better way for a buyer to spend their cash.

I was seeing some 2-3 million credit mods last night, and I couldn't help but laugh. But hey, if you're finding nutjobs who think that one enhancement is going to add 3 million credits worth of usefulness to their character, more power to them I suppose.

3 million credits is a bit much for me. On my server many of them cost 5 million credits. but I would be willing to pay 2 million for them. I make about 1 million credits a day. Its not a huge deal. I'm currently saving up so I can buy rating 180 gear for all my armor shells and the earpiece, implants, and relics.

I do understand Leafy's frustration.

It's one thing to have a bad streak when RE'ing lowbie gear. It's another thing to have a bad streak when RE'ing grade 34 end-game gear. Losing a $5000 bet at the craps table is more frustrating than losing a $50 bet. ;)

I'll say that 2 of my fellow guildies have unlocked 3 different grade 34 enhancement schematics since 2.7 dropped. And I can see plenty of grade 34 enhancements for sale on the GTN.

So I'm pretty sure it's not broken.